Gundstrom & Andersson Signed

If it turns out to be accurate, they're both good signings.

It's official now.

Andersson got a one-way deal apparently, which is why his deal is for less than what his qualifying offer would have been. I'm not surprised they signed him. He plays well at the AHL level and probably would pass through waivers. Might make the team as one of the extra forwards, but if doesn't, don't mind him being available for a call up when needed.

Good Singings, lets hope Lias stays healthy and shows what he is got as this is he last shot with the Kings I believe.

It's official now.

Andersson got a one-way deal apparently, which is why his deal is for less than what his qualifying offer would have been. I'm not surprised they signed him. He plays well at the AHL level and probably would pass through waivers. Might make the team as one of the extra forwards, but if doesn't, don't mind him being available for a call up when needed.

I in no way saw them signing Lias.

Solomon Grundy will be a steal at that rate. Just wait! :w00t:

Dude, did you just make me google some comic book nerd ****? Bastard.
tumblr_lposc621k41qfjy0io1_500.gif

j/k we coo--

can someone please explain:

a "one-way deal" and a "bridge"

thanks!

I think LIAS has some serious talent. He kicked ass in Ontario. Think he'll fit in nicely. Hope he stays healthy.

can someone please explain:

a "one-way deal" and a "bridge"

thanks!

One-way deal means they are paid the same salary whether they're in the NHL or AHL. Two-way deal means they have a different salary if they're playing in the AHL.

Bridge deal is an informal term usually meaning a short term deal for a restricted free agent.

One-way deal means they are paid the same salary whether they're in the NHL or AHL. Two-way deal means they have a different salary if they're playing in the AHL.

Bridge deal is an informal term usually meaning a short term deal for a restricted free agent.

thank you

thank you

My understanding (and I welcome correction) it's called a bridge contract because it covers the gap between an Entry Level Contract and a contract a player might receive after reaching age/other requirements which would lead to UFA status.

Great questions!

The difference between having a one-way or two-way contract is huge. Most players make around $60,000 per year in the AHL when they have a two-way contract. So when someone like Vilardi gets sent down, it's a massive pay cut. Guys like Austin Wagner who are on a one-way deal still get paid their NHL salary when they are waived and end up in Ontario.

Andersson took a pay cut on paper, but since it's a one-way deal, he gets $750,000 next season even if he ends up in Ontario. So he's guaranteed real money no matter what happens, which is why he signed the deal.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back