10/03/23 Ducks 1, Kings 4
10/05/23 Sharks 3, Kings 4 (OT)
10/07/23 Golden Knights 7, Kings 4

**Game Time 7:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**TNT & MAX**
Radio
: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

10/07/23 Post-Game Quotes:
Viktor Arvidsson
On where he feels the team is at coming out of preseason, heading into game one

I think we’ve started the games good and then we kind of wear off. I think we need to stay aggressive and play a full 60 minutes. I think we haven’t done that, yet, so I think we’ve got to do that on Wednesday.
On why he feels the drop off has happened after strong starts
Penalties. We take way too many penalties, it was like eight minutes straight in the third period. You lose guys on the bench, you over-use guys and they get tired and we’ve got to stay out of the box.
On getting a feel for an 11F / 7D look heading into Wednesday’s game
Yeah, but as I said, if we’re at 11 forwards, we can’t take that many penalties. It’s going to wear on our team and on our forward group especially.
On if he sees common threads between the Kings not playing a full 60 at the start of last year
I don’t know yet, I just think it’s commitment, it’s just consistency. I think you’ve got to play the same way [for the entire 60 minutes].

Todd McLellan
On what he believes the Kings need to clean up defensively heading into the regular season

There’s some things that we have to clean up. I’m not quite sure how much there is, but just use this game to evaluate, we weren’t good on any type of sort outs coming into our end, as far as backcheck goes, and then our net play wasn’t real good. Lots of loose stuff laying around there that they got second opportunities on, so we have some direction for practice this week, we know what have to work on. Normally we’re not too bad in that area but we were tonight.
On the decision to go with 11 forwards and 7 defensemen tonight
First time that we’ve tried 11 and seven in a long, long time. Based on some of the circumstances that we’ll face throughout the year, we may have to do it, so it’s good for the players to experience it. I would prefer not to do it, but we might be forced to do it sometimes, so if you’re frustrated, tough luck, figure out how we’re going to get through.
On if he believes the Kings will play 11/7 on opening night on Wednesday
I don’t know what we’ll go with yet, but we wanted to try 11 and seven tonight just to get a feel for it. We’re going to be 12 and six or 11 and seven, that’s all we have, and we’ve got to figure that part out over the next few days. Again, that’s why we purposely chose to go 11 and seven today, to expose the players, and us as coaches, to how it would feel and how the rotation would affect individuals, how they would react. I think rhythm is really important in a game and in a team and it didn’t feel like we had a lot of rhythm, but we’ll learn.
On a combination of relief being done with preseason and disappointment at how it ended
There is that, in the immediate right now, there’s a little bit of disappointment because we started the night well, we got sloppy, we took some unwarranted penalties, we just didn’t get it done tonight. We know what’s ahead of us and that’s exciting, but this training camp has certainly been odd. As we mentioned between the second and third, are you ready and are we ready? The answer, I believe, is yes but we’ve still got a little work to do. The camp has been odd, there’s no doubt about it. The relief is that, knock on wood, we came out of this healthy. I know talking to some of the other coaches around the league, everybody’s looking forward to Monday morning and then from there on it’s game on.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

2023-G1-KF2.png

2023-Gm1-KD.png

2023-G1-KGI2.png

AVALANCHE PROBABLE LINEUP

2023-G1-Av-F2.png

2023-Gm1-Av-D.png

2023-G1-Av-GI2.png

Former Kings

Jack Johnson
G1-JJohnson.png

Kurtis MacDermid
G1-KMacdermid.png

GOALIE COMPARISONS (2022-23 Season)
2023-G1-Goalie-Stats-Avs.png
2023-G1-Goalie-Stats.png

TOP SCORERS (2022-23 Season)
2023-G1-Team-Stats-Avs.png
2023-G1-Team-Stats-Kings.png

DEFENSE STATS (2022-23 Season)
2023-G1-DStats-Avs.png
2023-G1-DStats-Kings.png

***VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE***

And, the Poll Game is BACK!! Most games will have only 1 question, but we’ll start off with a 2-parter to get the points rolling.

Tonight’s Poll Question

Part 1 - Who is going to score the FIRST KINGS HOME GOAL of the regular season?
Part 2 - Who is going to take the FIRST KINGS HOME PENALTY of the regular season?

You can TAKE UP TO 4 GUESSES for each part
(you can also guess “no goals” or “no penalties”-LOL-as one of your 4 guesses)
1 point for each correct guess (so 2 points available)

ENJOY THE CLIMB!!

Last edited:
Thank you Nyssa!

Kings first goal
Kempe
Kopitar
Fiala
Moore

Kings first penalty
Fiala
PLD
Lewis
Kempe

TNT game should be fun

Thanks Nyssa!

Woooohooo! It begins. GKG!

First goal
Dubois
Fiala
Laferriere
QB

First penalty
Englund
Anderson
Fiala
QB

First Kings Goal:
Lizotte
Danault
Moore
Grundstrom

First Kings Penalty:
Anderson
Bjornfot
Roy
Lewis

Goal:
Kempe
Fiala
Danault
Byfield

Penalty:

Lewis
Byfield
PLD
Kempe

Goals : Kopitar , Kempe , Moore , Fiala.

Penalty : Doughty , Roy , Kempe , Grundstrom .

First Kings Goal:
Kempe
Fiala
Dubois
Moore

First King Penalty:
Grundstrom
Anderson
Fiala
Byfield

Arvidsson, Danault, Dubois, Kopitar

Penalty: Lewis, Byfield, Doughty, Roy

Just stopping by the GDT to say hi and that I won’t be participating this year. Life is busier than ever so I’m not sure how much hockey I’m going to get to watch this season.

Nyssa and Jammer: Thank you for the years of GDT’s and questions. It’s made the bad seasons fun and the good seasons even better. I’ll still be around and will never not support our boys.

GO KINGS GO!!!

Thanks Nyssa!

First goal
Byfield🤞🤞
Kempe
Kopitar
Fiala

First penalty
Englund
Fiala
Dubois
Doughty

GO KINGS GO!!

Attachments

• IMG_3162.jpeg
    IMG_3162.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6829.jpeg
    IMG_6829.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 16
KINGS 1st Goal:
Laffy, Fiala, PLD, Kopi

KINGS 1st Penalty:
Fiala, Doughty, Bjornfot, Grundstrom

Go Kings GO!!!

Only choosing one because I’m right….

First Goal - Fiala
First Penalty - Fiala
I should have done what I did for the end of season "last goal, last penalty"....I gave 4 points if you only took one guess and got it right. But I'm keeping it at just the 1 point per correct guess.

Most of the poll games this year will be only 1 question because jammer and I are both in super busy times of life, but fortunately he's agreed to help me again!

NHL website was non-functional at 2am-3am.... I'll try to get more stats in the OP later today. The new format on there sucks.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom