Honoring my dad

ownbestenemy

Prospect
I am not sure if anyone here can help with this but my step-father (really my dad) who introduced me to hockey back in 1989 and supported my club hockey play with the South Coast Sabers from 1991 to 1998 has macular degeneration. He has been a lifelong Kings fan since their inception and for many years was a season ticket holder. Now in his 80s, just can't go to games but makes sure he catches them on TV or radio.

The fact that Nick Nickson is our play-by-play has brought joy to the game when he can 'watch' on TV. Nick calls the game so well that it doesn't matter if you can see it or in another room, you know what is going on. I remember long road trips after hockey tourneys or practice when we couldn't catch the game on TV and we would have it on the radio and Nick was there to paint the picture.

I was hoping someone here knows how to get a hold of the Kings organization or maybe can point me in the direction to thank them and hopefully honor my dad.

I am not sure if anyone here can help with this but my step-father (really my dad) who introduced me to hockey back in 1989 and supported my club hockey play with the South Coast Sabers from 1991 to 1998 has macular degeneration. He has been a lifelong Kings fan since their inception and for many years was a season ticket holder. Now in his 80s, just can't go to games but makes sure he catches them on TV or radio.

The fact that Nick Nickson is our play-by-play has brought joy to the game when he can 'watch' on TV. Nick calls the game so well that it doesn't matter if you can see it or in another room, you know what is going on. I remember long road trips after hockey tourneys or practice when we couldn't catch the game on TV and we would have it on the radio and Nick was there to paint the picture.

I was hoping someone here knows how to get a hold of the Kings organization or maybe can point me in the direction to thank them and hopefully honor my dad.

I hope you get this figured out. I remember my first duty station I felt very isolated (Air Force) and the only thing that brought me some comfort was hearing Bob & Jim during Kings games. I've tried stuff like this with the Kings and always had a bit of trouble compared to other teams (long stories) but I'm sure there's an avenue.

Hope you find a way to get it done! I played Bantams for the South Coast Sabers in 89-90! Sounds like we just missed each other.

I hope you get this figured out. I remember my first duty station I felt very isolated (Air Force) and the only thing that brought me some comfort was hearing Bob & Jim during Kings games. I've tried stuff like this with the Kings and always had a bit of trouble compared to other teams (long stories) but I'm sure there's an avenue.
Thank you. He is turning 80 soon. I wouldn't have the love of the game if not for him.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back