How to tell if you're officially old

Thankfully I never had that medicine, we were a vicks vapor rub family. Between that and the Tussin we could cure anything

I know them all well....my mom made coffee in that pot every morning for 49 years, I think. Hence, why I do not drink coffee. I still have one of those meat pounder things, and the potato masher. LOVED to play with my dad's slidy address book thing!! I don't know if he had any actual addresses in it, lol. And, I'm pretty sure there are still a couple of those toilet paper dolls lurking somewhere in my house (my mother-in-law was a knitter....)

And, mercurochrome was awesome! Although, my family was partial to curing every ailment with Listerine and Vick's Vaporub.

I recognize some things, others not so much.

This is before my time and for some reason it blows my mind that these snacks came in foil.

sub-buzz-12405-1606938410-2.jpg

I remember most of them, but not all.

This one really takes me back though, especially since its the holiday season.

sub-buzz-12408-1606938146-1.png

One of the Trader Joe's I worked at still used a percolator to make coffee for customers (remember when you could have samples at the store?)
So many people would ask us why the coffee tasted better there than at home, I loved telling them why.

Number 34 gave me a little trouble but then I remembered that Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge.

I once had a stocking stuffed with 12 bags of Woolworth's marbles... At least that year I didn't lose any marbles...but think the cats lost three under the fridge... I still have two of those bags (100 + 1 shooter) with the 25¢ price tag on them...

I once had a stocking stuffed with 12 bags of Woolworth's marbles... At least that year I didn't lose any marbles...but think the cats lost three under the fridge... I still have two of those bags (100 + 1 shooter) with the 25¢ price tag on them...

I used to collect marbles when I was a kid! They were a poor kids prize collection! 😁

Only stuff that burned more the mecurochrome was a product call "New Skin"
That stuff is still around! I keep some in my first aid kits... It's essentially just super glue.

Reactions: JWR
When you sit in your living room, watching the neighborhood kids through the window, play ball in the street, having fun, not hurting or bothering anyone, and all you're thinking is "Come on ya little bastards! I dare you to let that ball land in my yard!". Then the second it does, you run out, grab the ball, hold it up on the air, and yell "I KEEP IT NOW!!!!". Then laugh maniacally as you add the ball to the other 36 balls you have in your collection! 😁

When you sit in your living room, watching the neighborhood kids through the window, play ball in the street, having fun, not hurting or bothering anyone, and all you're thinking is "Come on ya little bastards! I dare you to let that ball land in my yard!". Then the second it does, you run out, grab the ball, hold it up on the air, and yell "I KEEP IT NOW!!!!". Then laugh maniacally as you add the ball to the other 36 balls you have in your collection! 😁
Or 36 balls sold on eBay...

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back