I know it's the Ducks, but I still feel bad about this . . .

T

triplcrown

Lurker
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/34919599/ducks-d-jamie-drysdale-4-6-months-shoulder-injury

I feel bad for the Ducks, even though they are our rivals.

I really liked Drysdale as a prospect, and was alarmed when the Ducks chose him.

Maybe the Ducks promoted him a little too soon, instead of giving him more time
in the AHL (although he did have 32 pts in 2021-22, so maybe not?)

I hate it when injuries become a factor, especially for the Kings, but really, for ANY team.

I want the Kings to beat the Ducks and other teams honestly, without injuries as a factor.
Plus Jamie is an exciting, dynamic player who entertains the fans and makes the NHL more interesting.

I hope Jamie heals well and comes back strong, just as I would hope for any of our guys if they got injured.

But I still want the Kings to kick the Ducks' butts on the ice. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much my thoughts when I saw this news, too. It's no fun beating a team that sucks or is decimated by injuries. And, we have no reason to dislike Drysdale....at least not yet. Let's hope he makes a fast recovery so we can start hating him/wishing he was on our team soon!

Injuries are always sucky. Who's to say that he wouldn't have suffered it in the AHL though? All the best to him and his recovery. One bright side for the Ducks fanbase is that at least they can fully tank, knowing they aren't a good team this year anyway.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/34919599/ducks-d-jamie-drysdale-4-6-months-shoulder-injury

I feel bad for the Ducks, even though they are our rivals.

I really liked Drysdale as a prospect, and was alarmed when the Ducks chose him.

Maybe the Ducks promoted him a little too soon, instead of giving him more time
in the AHL (although he did have 32 pts in 2021-22, so maybe not?)

I hate it when injuries become a factor, especially for the Kings, but really, for ANY team.

I want the Kings to beat the Ducks and other teams honestly, without injuries as a factor.
Plus Jamie is an exciting, dynamic player who entertains the fans and makes the NHL more interesting.

I hope Jamie heals well and comes back strong, just as I would hope for any of our guys if they got injured.

But I still want the Kings to kick the Ducks' butts on the ice. :)

Sucks for him but injuries are a part of the game. Won't diminish any wins we hopefully get against the Ducks this season.

I had this same injury about 20 years ago (also from hockey). It is a tough one to recover from. It took me over a year to get back almost full range of motion and strength and it never got back to 100%. I remember doing PT and I was going on the same day and time as another guy who had blown out his ACL. After a couple of months, I confessed to the guy that each day I'd come in and be thankful that I wasn't rehabbing a torn ACL after watching him get worked on and he confessed to me that he used to think the same thing about my injury after watching me get worked on. The point of the story is that this is a really tough injury given the complexity of the shoulder and I hope the guy is able to recover fully.

I don't think they have any players on the team anymore that I can't stand.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back