Injury Updates - Durzi, Fiala, Vilardi

HeadInjury

2 Late to Change My Name
We miss him on the power play. He is a net negative everywhere else.

Love his attitude, but we should try to recover some draft capital for him in the offseason.

Yeah, I was thinking I'd much rather have the defensive stability of Spence or Walker over Durzi at this point, and Walker goes for it offensively, just not quite as creative as Durzi on the PP.

When they say "skated on his own," what exactly does this mean? Nobody was there helping him skate?

I picture him using one of those training walkers when I read that.

From La Kings Insider.

Per Todd McLellan, Kevin Fiala skated on his own today, while Gabe Vilardi will skate tomorrow. Good signs for both.

on Durzi:
[FONT="][SIZE=3][FONT=arial]Regarding Durzi, McLellan called today a positive step forward as he rejoined the group for the first time since he sustained an injury on March 6 versus Washington. Durzi had been skating on his own and had progressed toward this moment. McLellan is hopeful that tomorrow will present another step forward.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#111111][FONT="]

Anyone else not missing Durzi?
[/FONT]

On the power play yes. But I think I am in the majority in saying he can take his time to heal.

If Durzi can learn not to try to clear the puck in the D-Zone into the middle of the ice instead of along the boards, I'll be more comfortable with him out there in pressure situations.

If Durzi can learn not to try to clear the puck in the D-Zone into the middle of the ice instead of along the boards, I'll be more comfortable with him out there in pressure situations.

You make a good point. It is probably unfair to say that he will not continue to develop. Defenseman don't peak until 26 in some cases. Some even older. His offense is nice, if he can develop his D skills he could be an amazing player.

You make a good point. It is probably unfair to say that he will not continue to develop. Defenseman don't peak until 26 in some cases. Some even older. His offense is nice, if he can develop his D skills he could be an amazing player.

Sure, let him learn D on the Reign. He's making lots of dumb fundamental mistakes he never learned along the way to going pro. Sure, he can learn here but it will and has already cost us too many times honestly. We have enough scoring on this team, so until he shores up his glaring weakness on the team he wil at best break even with mistakes versus points made.

[FONT=&quot]The Kings had all three individuals who are currently injured on the ice with the full group today. Sean Durzi and Gabe Vilardi skated in full-contact jerseys, while Kevin Fiala was on in a non-contact red jersey. Today is Durzi’s second practice back with the full team, while it’s the first for Fiala and Vilardi, who have skated independently in the days preceding. A good push back towards full health. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Really good to have everybody out there,” McLellan said. “Are they all options, I’m not sure yet, I have to get some type of feedback from our training staff. The one negative is that we’ve got a lot of players around right now and it makes practice a little bit awkward, but that’s okay. We have options to pick from a number of players when we’re healthy. Unfortunately, the ones that don’t get picked, it’s hard on them, because they see how healthy we are, knock on wood, when we get there. It may push them deeper, it might not, I don’t know, but it’s a fact.”[/FONT]

If you watched the last few games Durzi played, he was going up the boards with his passes to avoid turnovers. He is young and still learning and will make mistakes, however it's all part of the experience. I'm not worried about Durzi costing the Kings games or goals as if McLellan believes he is the best option, who am I as an expert, to say he isn't the best option.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back