It was twenty years ago today, Sgt. Pepper...

santiclaws

I was in the pool!!
OK, ten years ago today.

39911-eight.jpg

Yeah, that was me. Sitting on the couch at home. I do remember the odd feeling after we won....it was sort of a shock I guess that the Kings (yes, the KINGS) actually won the Cup. After 39 years of being a fan...they won. I'm still not quite sure it actually happened.

jom

Best day ever as sports fans for my son and me. The memory of that glorious day inside Staples will last forever.

On the couch for me too. Gave my boys Kings playoff rally towels and we were spinning them over our heads for the last few minutes of the game.

That was the first time I'd ever bought tickets from Stubhub. I remember telling my wife this would either be one of the best purchases that we'd ever made or one of the worst. It was definitely one of the best. Those final minutes of the 3rd with the we want the Cup chants were great.
My avatar picture is the view from 334 that night.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was the first time I'd ever bought tickets from Stubhub. I remember telling my wife this would either be one of the best purchases that we'd ever made or one of the worst. It was definitely one of the worst. Those final minutes of the 3rd with the we want the Cup chants were great.
My avatar picture is the view from 334 that night.

Why was it one of the worst? You were there. (or is my sarcasm meter broken? :)

That was the first time I'd ever bought tickets from Stubhub. I remember telling my wife this would either be one of the best purchases that we'd ever made or one of the worst.

I was refreshing the Ticketmaster page the night before and two seats together appeared in 216, at $650 each, and I told myself the exact same thing. This is either going to be the best $1300 I ever spent or the biggest waste.

Worth every penny.

And 8 years ago today for cup number 2. The joy on our fans faces in the background is wonderful. It took weeks for me to get the smile off my face and I still get goosebumps when I watch that goal.

140614-martinez-goal-ga-0054_bb27ce7d2b2d9b1959daa77b0a5740ad.fit-760w.jpg

R.f27f405419ff22a1e37a0a3f5a303bb4

I was refreshing the Ticketmaster page the night before and two seats together appeared in 216, at $650 each, and I told myself the exact same thing. This is either going to be the best $1300 I ever spent or the biggest waste.

Worth every penny.

Same thing for us, same price too, but different year, June 13, 2014!!!

OK, ten years ago today.

39911-eight.jpg

I smile every time I see this moment. Or even if I just think about it. I really thought, until about the last 2 minutes, that the Devils would somehow make a miraculous comeback.

I was in the upper 300's, I forget where. Tickets went down in price after the devils won game 5. Paid 500.00. After 30 years of being a fan, I was not going to miss this.

My stomach was in knots that day. Feeling the wheels could come off any time. I was not even comfortable with 4-0 lead. I cried in front of 18,000 people that night.

I was in the upper 300's, I forget where. Tickets went down in price after the devils won game 5. Paid 500.00. After 30 years of being a fan, I was not going to miss this.

My stomach was in knots that day. Feeling the wheels could come off any time. I was not even comfortable with 4-0 lead. I cried in front of 18,000 people that night.

We were in 303 about 8 rows up. Definitely worth the grand we paid for those two seats.

I also paid about $500 each after prices dropped. I don't remember the exact section but we were probably around the blue line where the Kings attack twice, maybe mid way up the upper deck. Also went to game 3 that year. Didn't go to any other playoff games so we chose wisely.

Also splurged for game 5 in 2014. Needless to say that was also a good bet.

Why was it one of the worst? You were there. (or is my sarcasm meter broken? :)

Sorry it was one of the best. I guess when you hit middle age, figuring out the proper adjective can be difficult. No sarcasm or clever wit from me, just dad brain...

2014 was a bit easier. We bought a partial plan and game 5 was in it. So I was in the back row of 328 celebrating; this time with the wife and kid.

I also remember trying to explain to my son around 2015 (he was 6 or 7) that winning the Cup was very rare and the Kings went 4 decades before winning the first one. To him, the Kings were always amazing. Mom and Dad saw a Cup a couple years before when grammy watched him and then he'd gone a the ring giveaway and a bunch of other games and the Kings had won the vast majority with a second Cup in 2014. I jinxed it! Only 3 appearances in the next 8 years with 0 series wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I jinxed it! Only 3 appearances in the next 8 years with 0 series wins.

No worries, it wasn't you it was Tim Leiweke leaving AEG.

It did not take long after Timmy left to see AEG's premiere sports franchises Kings and Galaxy crater to the bottom in an unprecedented fashion.
Once Danny B. (B is for bean counter) took over it was all about how much $$ he could squeeze out of fans, and not about winning.

No worries, it wasn't you it was Tim Leiweke leaving AEG.

It did not take long after Timmy left to see AEG's premiere sports franchises Kings and Galaxy crater to the bottom in an unprecedented fashion.
Once Danny B. (B is for bean counter) took over it was all about how much $$ he could squeeze out of fans, and not about winning.

Bingo

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back