It's now 12PM. That's it?????

If anyone was expecting the Kings to make a big splash today, they're going to be disappointed. The Kings just made a couple of trades for depth, which was perfectly fine. No sense overpaying at this point, this year. Expect more action during the summer.

Meh. Some people get mad when there's a big trade, and others get mad when there isn't.

Also, maybe I'm getting my deadlines confused, but I thought that 12:00pm is the deadline to submit the trade request, so there might be trades announced after the deadline? Maybe?

In any case, the team has been playing well enough. I don't see the need to make a big trade.

Short of Chychrun, Boesser, Bertuzzi, or maybe Sanheim didn’t want to see the team make any moves today. Not worth the assets at this time.

On the contrary, relieved to not have given up what it takes for Garland or to have him on the payroll for four more years after this one.

Yes, disappointing. Thought Blake would add some grit up front or a sniper to play with Kempe/Kopitar. I wasn’t expecting anything major, but a piece like the aforementioned would have been nice. Especially if the 9 injured players are out longer than anticipated.

If anyone was expecting the Kings to make a big splash today, they're going to be disappointed. The Kings just made a couple of trades for depth, which was perfectly fine. No sense overpaying at this point, this year. Expect more action during the summer.

This! Less is more at this point in the rebuild. The team has great chemistry and is playing well enough to make the playoffs. The odds are very long that we will win the Cup. Let's get in and see who rises to the occasion. If there was a hockey trade to be made (Chyhrun for Vilardi and Turcote and a first) then Blake should have made it but we do not need rental players. I'm very happy Rakell went to Pittsburgh and not LA.

I have to give Blake credit. He's been really good at being patient.

Me:
Refresh, refresh, refresh. Hamburglar joke, *chuckle*...nothing.

Blake be like:
giphy.gif

What?

this whole thing has been nothing but a tease.
You were really thinking the Kings were going to get some top players or rentals? Why? Hell, imo I don't think most of us even thought they would be in this position this year. There is absolutely no reason right now to trade away picks/top prospects for rentals. The Kings are not a Stanley Cup ready team and this has been a great year, but not one where they should be buying yet. Maybe in a couple of years. But yeah. Not sure what you were really expecting from the Kings here. Personally, I am glad they did nothing. Absolutely no reason to do anything.

There's absolutely no point in making a big trade at this point in the season. This team isn't a Cup contender but they are a playoff squad. Let the kids get a taste of the Playoffs and get them hungry to take the next step and add another piece this Summer.

For this offseason when Blake will make a move, who are the character players out there with skill that are similar to a player like Justin Williams?

You were really thinking the Kings were going to get some top players or rentals?

no, i wasnt expecting anything like that. I would have thought though with our injuries that something might transpire.

Entertain me, would you have kicked the tires on p.k. Subban if half the salary would retain? Not sure I'm sold on the guy he's kind of a head case and a drama in the locker room but I know he plays defense and I know we don't have any workable defense right now hahaha

After reading the updates on the injuries to the defensemen, I agree with Blake not making a big move. The Kings will be fortunate to even make the playoffs with so much inexperience on the blue line, let alone make any kind of splash.

The stretch run is going to be a great learning opportunity. The Kings will have plenty of time for young player evaluations and determining who really wants to be on this team next year.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back