Kempe signed to four year deal

B

Butsy

Lurker
Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun
?
3m
Hearing that the Kings have agreed to a four year deal with Adrian Kempe. Sounds like the official announcement to come Saturday.

Announce the terms tomorrow? I am assuming Mikey will be the next contract for Blake to work.

Welp, it's official: Hot boys summer!! Amirite people who find men attractive?

bcff92ce16d29e1bfb0df3e90628a3d9.jpg

ef8d74413a4ff5c512cd314c665788cd.jpg

Congrats Kempe! Now you can go back to scoring 15 goals a year and call it a season.

Congrats Kempe! Now you can go back to scoring 15 goals a year and call it a season.

Congrats to Blake for this negotiation! The new contract should result in both parties feeling satisfied with both the term and the compensation.

It seemed the light went “On” for Juice at the All-Star game. He came back a confident, dominating player. Hope that mindset remains as long as he wears a Kings jersey.

Love Juice dashing and slashing. Or am I thinking of another Juice.

Congrats to Blake for this negotiation! The new contract should result in both parties feeling satisfied with both the term and the compensation.

It seemed the light went “On” for Juice at the All-Star game. He came back a confident, dominating player. Hope that mindset remains as long as he wears a Kings jersey.

Agreed. I think it's a fair deal for both sides. If he wants more, he needs to show that he score 30-40 goals a year consistently. I remember he went on a really long scoreless drought for a better part of the season too so that was frustrating.

Mikey next?

Would love to see a longer, slightly discounted salary type of deal for the long term security. 6 years at 3.5? He could easily become a 4-5 million dollar type Dman in the next year or two.

Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun
?
3m
Hearing that the Kings have agreed to a four year deal with Adrian Kempe. Sounds like the official announcement to come Saturday.

Bryan Erickson, is that you?

Would've preferred 10 years@ $1.3Mil/per, but ok.

Nah, JK.

Good deal.

Agreed. I think it's a fair deal for both sides. If he wants more, he needs to show that he score 30-40 goals a year consistently. I remember he went on a really long scoreless drought for a better part of the season too so that was frustrating.

Compared to the goal droughts registered by his linemates, Iafallo and Kopitar, Kempe’s slowdown in January was minor.

What a nice signing. Whoever said Fiala signing will set the bar for Kempe - as I said, Adrian is still ways away from Fiala's offensive production.

This will be a real blessing if Kempe improves further. I hoped for 5-5,5 short term bridge. Was prepared to see 6,5-7 if it was a long term deal. Super happy it's the former with a pretty decently long term.

Last edited:

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back