Kings and Playoff Teams

Guinevere

TEAM LGK
We haven’t done well but we were in every game against playoff teams. I think the real test will come Saturday against McJesus, Draisaitl, and the refs! We got Dubois and Lewis because of the Oilers and our first round exits.

This is a game the Kings need to send a statement! Last season the December game, McJesus took out Anderson and our home ice was taken by the Oilers. Let’s see how our new pk does against their pp because you know they are going to get at least six!

A solid 60 minute effort like the first game against the Oilers last season.

Do it for your fans Kings!!!

Go Kings Go!!

Season 20 Fire GIF by The Simpsons

I was curious how other good teams were faring against good teams, so I looked it up. Methodology after but here’s the results for the division leaders in the West:

VGK: 10-3-1 / .750
WPG: 7-5-1 / .577
COL: 5-5 / .500
VAN: 5-5-2 / .500
LA: 6-6-3 / .500
DAL: 5-6-2 / .462

This doesn’t excuse the Kings’ record against the best teams, but they’re not anomalous for treading water in that category. This also doesn’t excuse last night’s game. That sucked. But take some heart.

Methodology:

Only includes top 3 in each division as these teams have been the most consistently good, except both PHI and NYI are included as they’re tied in points. So that’s 4 teams repped from the Metro. That means teams included are:

COL WPG DAL VAN LVK LA
BOS FL TOR NYR CAR PHI NYI

While I consider EDM a top team, their atrocious start skews too much luck to include them. Plus they’re not even in a wildcard slot let alone a divisional 3.

If including wildcard teams Kings record actually improves to 9-7-3 / .553 as they beat AZ 3 times, lost to WSH, and haven’t faced NSH yet. But, I’m not doing that for all other teams because I don’t really think it matters and it’s not clear whether any of these 3 will stay in playoff positions.

We’re good against fair teams and good teamed for 1-2 periods. I can only remember maybe 1 or 2 full 60 minutes from this team this season. Dubois doesn’t look like he’s part of this team. For the contract we gave him he’s a bust and Fiala hurts us as much as he help us. He’s good for at least 1 dumb penalty a game. I do really like the player Q is turning into. Hopefully Kopi stays one more year at least to teach this kid how to play the right way.
Good teams have figured how to shut us down. Our razzel dazzle style of play isn’t gonna get us through a playoff series

Irrespective of what has gone before, every future second of every future minute on the ice will, thank goodness, be completely and utterly unknowable and thus unpredictable. As I'm sure the bookies say to themselves upon waking each and every morning, this is a massive part of the beauty and the wonder of Life in general and, in particular (my second favorite pastime;) NHL hockey.

I was curious how other good teams were faring against good teams, so I looked it up. Methodology after but here’s the results for the division leaders in the West:

This doesn’t excuse the Kings’ record against the best teams, but they’re not anomalous for treading water in that category. This also doesn’t excuse last night’s game. That sucked. But take some heart.
wow, thanks for doing this! puts it into good perspective. and increases my hate for the VGK.......

We need the 2nd coming of Joel Otto or Adam Creighton to squash the whiny bitch named Draisaitl. Then I’d put them on the 3rd line with PLD and match Kopitar group against their 3rd line.

wow, thanks for doing this! puts it into good perspective. and increases my hate for the VGK.......

They were literally built to win the cup with the tools given them by the NHL - it makes sense. The D corps alone is staggering.

You got it - I was genuinely curious. Funny thing about Vegas is that their overall points % is lower than the Kings - .662 vs. .682. Just means the Knights fare worse against lesser competition. If it’s not one thing it’s another.

Methodology:

Only includes top 3 in each division as these teams have been the most consistently good, except both PHI and NYI are included as they’re tied in points. So that’s 4 teams repped from the Metro. That means teams included are:

COL WPG DAL VAN LVK LA
BOS FL TOR NYR CAR PHI NYI

While I consider EDM a top team, their atrocious start skews too much luck to include them. Plus they’re not even in a wildcard slot let alone a divisional 3.

If including wildcard teams Kings record actually improves to 9-7-3 / .553 as they beat AZ 3 times, lost to WSH, and haven’t faced NSH yet. But, I’m not doing that for all other teams because I don’t really think it matters and it’s not clear whether any of these 3 will stay in playoff positions.
This definitely speaks to the overall difficulty level of both the kings and the knights schedules so far. They've both had it heavy early. I admit though that I didn't think the Peg was that sturdy as well but they are showing more and more they will be a tough out.

This definitely speaks to the overall difficulty level of both the kings and the knights schedules so far. They've both had it heavy early. I admit though that I didn't think the Peg was that sturdy as well but they are showing more and more they will be a tough out.
WPG is looking really good lately. Could very well make it to at least the WCF. I didn’t see it coming either.

For the Kings it’s a lot of games this month but only 6 out of the 15 are against the top teams. Hoping for 20 pts.

WPG is looking really good lately. Could very well make it to at least the WCF. I didn’t see it coming either.

For the Kings it’s a lot of games this month but only 6 out of the 15 are against the top teams. Hoping for 20 pts.
looking at the schedule, that rematch against the Rags will be the event of the month if things go as planned. They will also have made up some of those games in hand so the standings will look even spicier. Then we just have to hope the hype train doesnt get so crazy that Blake and co push in even more chips.

After destroying the Maple Leafs tonight, the Kings will reel off about 5 wins in a row. They are extremely confident at home and should have zero problem with the schedule for the rest of the month.

This is a problem.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back