Kings Sign Andre Lee

HeadInjury

2 Late to Change My Name
https://www.capfriendly.com/players/andre-lee

A 2019 7th round pick. 6' 5" left wing. Just finished his third season at UMass-Lowell.

Hoven is saying that both Samuel Helenius and Kim Nousiainen have come over from Europe. Helenius was shown skating in El Segundo.

I think everyone is on an AHL contract to finish this season and their ELCs will kick next year.

Edit: Goalie David Hrenak, a 2018 5th round pick was also signed.

Really looking forward to seeing Helenius. A 6'6" dude that's still growing into his body (he's listed at only 201) and is supposed to be an above-average skater, despite his size. He looked good in the World Jrs. Described as "mean."

A mean 6'6" dude who skates well? Yes, please.

A mean 6'6" dude who skates well? Yes, please.

Pair him with Lizotte.

Twins1988.jpg

If there’s one thing the Kings are missing, it’s offensive left shot defenders. If there is a second, it is most definitely ‘mean’. Please bring all of the mean!! It’s a multiplier effect when you’ve got at least 2–3 guys like Lemieux who can -actually- handle themselves in the rough and tumble. The rest of the players level of aggression goes up, even for guys who are typically just average in that department, and you end up with a very nasty team that no one wants to play against because the opposition loses, even when they win. I’d say that was one massive factor to the Kings championship teams, was that they had guys all up and down the lineup, at least one forward on every line and a defender on every pairing who would step up when things get nasty.

If there’s one thing the Kings are missing, it’s offensive left shot defenders. If there is a second, it is most definitely ‘mean’. Please bring all of the mean!! It’s a multiplier effect when you’ve got at least 2–3 guys like Lemieux who can -actually- handle themselves in the rough and tumble. The rest of the players level of aggression goes up, even for guys who are typically just average in that department, and you end up with a very nasty team that no one wants to play against because the opposition loses, even when they win. I’d say that was one massive factor to the Kings championship teams, was that they had guys all up and down the lineup, at least one forward on every line and a defender on every pairing who would step up when things get nasty.

Kim Nousiainen is a left shot with offensive skills. Unfortunately, he's 5' 8".

Yes, I should have clarified, my comment was directed at the mention of Helenius! I’m hoping Andre Lee has NHL skating ability and an amount of mean which is proportionate to his size, as well. Just that type which was on display in game two against the Kraken, where Oleksiak was throwing his weight around.

This is not a huge signing, however it is a tall one. Just sayin

Yes, I should have clarified, my comment was directed at the mention of Helenius! I’m hoping Andre Lee has NHL skating ability and an amount of mean which is proportionate to his size, as well. Just that type which was on display in game two against the Kraken, where Oleksiak was throwing his weight around.

The other thing they're missing is right shot forwards who score. Not including Brown and Frk, they have one who does (Arvidsson) and two who don't (Vilardi and Kupari). Otherwise, they're all left shots. They've got kids, but who knows if they'll ever be NHLers: Madden, Tkachev, Chromiak, Fagemo, Thomas, Dudas, and new guy Ward.

The other thing they're missing is right shot forwards who score. Not including Brown and Frk, they have one who does (Arvidsson) and two who don't (Vilardi and Kupari). Otherwise, they're all left shots. They've got kids, but who knows if they'll ever be NHLers: Madden, Tkachev, Chromiak, Fagemo, Thomas, Dudas, and new guy Ward.

Well, the scoring thing is a massive conundrum anyway you look at it. Our leading score, Kopitar, with 57 points, sits somewhere around 52nd in league point accumulation. Imagine if we had this same team, but replaced our #1 center with a true offensive dynamo who can essentially do it all himself, a la McDavid. If you look at the top 3 seeds from all divisions, they all have one thing in common, save for the Kings. Their goal scoring differential is in the +30 to +70 range!! The kings sit around even.

Last edited by a moderator:

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back