Kings to add new Helmet and Jersey Advertisements

Yeah, the Mercury Insurance patch leaked a bit early during the first global game and was caught by a few of us eagle eyed fans. Is what it is, I have plenty of jerseys without the patch and it's becoming a necessary evil for some sports to help drive revenue.

Personally I have no problem with it. The euro leagues have been doing this forever and it's kind of a cool hockey thing. If it helps the league generate revenue to put toward a better on-ice product I'm totally OK with it.

It would be great if all ad revenue went toward a good cause like growing the game, concussion prevention and after care, etc. but I guess you can't have everything.

'Tis a slippery slope. From a Euro league . . . .

hockey jersey advertising.jpeg

Reactions: TR
I worry that with a couple of our slower guys, the extra weight of the decals will slow them down more.

Having ad signs everywhere on the streets, the outside of the building, the inside of the building, the scoreboard, the boards, and the ice doesn't get the job done?

Having ad signs everywhere on the streets, the outside of the building, the inside of the building, the scoreboard, the boards, and the ice doesn't get the job done?

Not when teams hand out 8 year/$68,000,000 contracts out like candy.

Reactions: TR

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back