Kings trade Lemieux

Our long national nightmare is over! Welcome to LA Zack!

zack-macewen-2023-53.jpg

Looking at the return I thought, why? Then I thought about finger-biting and suddenly it makes sense.

This trade gives us even more cap space, hopefully something we will use today!

I know I am in the Minority, but I liked Lemieux. He was the only "tough" guy we had. Agitator/pest guys who can drop the gloves are good to have in the playoffs. Don't know anything about the guy coming back though.

Screenshot-2023-02-27-at-11.10.58-AM.png

I guess Zack fits if we need to go big in the playoffs. It doesn't seem like he provides much otherwise.

The biting thing was like 400 days ago get over it.

Jk

I liked Lemieux but he clearly didnt have a role here. And he seemed to get near hurt every time he's gone out there since he got hurt.

Are Kings just going hard for cap space?

Is there any big fish left?

I assume this is just to resign new dudes for next season(s)?

I believe this is just a muscle move for when things get rough and tumble down the stretch, and in the playoffs.

I think the Kings really lost their nerve in the series against Edmonton, in games 6/7, when the oilers amped up their physical aggression. Kane and Kassian were absolutely running amok and there was very little response. That said, this guy appears to lose more scraps than he wins. Maybe it’s just the willingness to go, and take a player like Evander Kane off the ice with him..

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. Lemieux was fun to watch and I like him a lot but this trade is an upgrade. Did I say I like it? I like it.

This trade gives us even more cap space, hopefully something we will use today!

I don't think the Kings do anything more. I believe this is purely a cap space trade for the off-season. Vilardi, Kupari, JAD...all need new contracts. That's not even counting Gavrikov and Korpisalo should the team really want to sign both of them. Those 2 alone are $4.1M in salary this season. MacEwen at $925K, Edler at $750K and all of a sudden, if none of these new guys and Edler sign, you've got close to $12M in cap space for the offseason...again, assuming some of that will go toward signing Gabe, Ras and JAD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back