Kopi Kings Gms played Leader

Tough call between him and Brown. Culture started w Brownie.

IDK. Brown took a few years to come into his role. I remember Kopitar being pretty damn good right away. I think the culture was still with the "older" guys at the time, transitioning into the rookies. Nobody knew what the future would hold with them and that it was the beginning of an era. Kopitar is the greatest Kings player overall IMO. I mean he's.. still topping our scoring sheet. Gotta slot Doughty and Quick in there too IMO.

IDK. Brown took a few years to come into his role. I remember Kopitar being pretty damn good right away. I think the culture was still with the "older" guys at the time, transitioning into the rookies. Nobody knew what the future would hold with them and that it was the beginning of an era. Kopitar is the greatest Kings player overall IMO. I mean he's.. still topping our scoring sheet. Gotta slot Doughty and Quick in there too IMO.
Yeah, definitely a great core.

The most important Kings player to me is Brown, followed by Quick. But by the time he’s done Kopi will be the greatest King in history. He might even be that right now. Nobody’s played as long as he has & been as consistent as he has. And no one’s been as good defensively while also being the top scorer. And he looks like he can play several more years. Which means he can run down most of the all time Kings records, which he’s already doing now. Maybe the only other player that can match him in longevity will be Doughty. But Kopi beats him in consistency.

The Triple Crown era was great. The Gretzky-Robitaille era was great. But the Brown-Kopi-Quick-Doughty era we just went through might be the best. Not all years were great. But 2 of them were the best ever & 1 was right up there. But to have all 4 of those guys become Kings legends & probably all get statues is amazing. And 3 of them will be the best at their positions in franchise history.

I still think the Kings win the Cup in 2013 if Kopitar and Doughty were healthy. Kopitar sprained his knee at the end of the lockout and he went on to play some of the worst hockey of his career in 2013.

The official word was that he was healthy but the results speak for themselves. He was more than a step slow that season and his playoffs were awful.

Doughty barely avoided blowing out his knee in game 2 of the WCF when that bum Bryan Bickell targeted his ankle/knee. Extremely dirty play. Doughty was playing on one knee for the rest of the series and he was coming off of one of the most physically punishing series that Kings squad played in their 3 year run.

Round 2 vs the Sharks saw them targeting and successfully hitting Doughty on every dump in as they tried their best to wear him down. They succeeded like few teams have ever be able to against Drew and the end result was he was a shell of himself in the WCF.

No doubt. A three peat with prime time Quick and the rest of the gang would have been too much I think, though we lost to the champions that also gave us a bit of hell the next year, which was the best hockey series I've ever seen (2014 round 3). I just think it's amazing to have had 4 career players who are just household Kings names for so long.

I still think the Kings win the Cup in 2013 if Kopitar and Doughty were healthy. Kopitar sprained his knee at the end of the lockout and he went on to play some of the worst hockey of his career in 2013.

The official word was that he was healthy but the results speak for themselves. He was more than a step slow that season and his playoffs were awful.

Doughty barely avoided blowing out his knee in game 2 of the WCF when that bum Bryan Bickell targeted his ankle/knee. Extremely dirty play. Doughty was playing on one knee for the rest of the series and he was coming off of one of the most physically punishing series that Kings squad played in their 3 year run.

Round 2 vs the Sharks saw them targeting and successfully hitting Doughty on every dump in as they tried their best to wear him down. They succeeded like few teams have ever be able to against Drew and the end result was he was a shell of himself in the WCF.
Brownie was also playing with a hurt knee for the 2013 playoffs

Good on Kopi for getting this, and as much as Doughty is going to want to have all the longevity records I don't know that he's going to beat father time the way Kopi will. He's not exactly Chelios and I think he's too much a competitor to put up with playing 10 mins a night.
That said greatest king is a funny title, and how has nobody voted for Lubo?

Good on Kopi for getting this, and as much as Doughty is going to want to have all the longevity records I don't know that he's going to beat father time the way Kopi will. He's not exactly Chelios and I think he's too much a competitor to put up with playing 10 mins a night.
That said greatest king is a funny title, and how has nobody voted for Lubo?

I was sad as sh*t when Lubo left.

Back