02/17/23 -- Kings 6, Ducks 3
12/20/22 -- Ducks 1, Kings 4

2023-G18-Team-Stats.png

**Game Time 12:30pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW (& BSSC if you want to listen to Hayward)**
Radio:
LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

2023-G18-Pic1.png

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here

Pheonix Copley & Todd McLellan 11/20/23 Post-Game Quotes:

Pheonix Copley
On the win tonight and the key to another road victory

I think it’s just sticking with it. They forecheck hard and make creative plays in the offensive zone, so I think at times, we were a little more sloppy than we wanted to be, but we all stuck together and worked through it. Then, on our offensive end, we did really well, so that was the key.
On how he felt the Kings limited Grade A’s, despite Arizona’s puck possession in the second period
For the most part, we were keeping them to the outside, they didn’t get a whole lot of stuff inside. When they got shots, we were there to clean up the rebounds and our net play was strong. That was key to when they were having those pushes, to keep them off the board and kind of kill the momentum.
On a big night from the group on the penalty kill
I mean, first, we’re blocking a lot of shots and that’s huge. We’re taking away lanes, that was a really good PP, that was a good test for us and we did a really good job keeping them on the outside. I think we’ve beeb sticking to keeping it simple and that’s leading to the success.
On his focal points in practice, between starts, leading into today
I’ve been doing a little bit of extra work with [goaltending coach Mike Buckley]. I think to start the season, I’ve been a little bit inconsistent and I just wanted to give the guys here a full 60. I’ve put in some extra work with Bucks over the past week and a half or so and I think it helped to clean up some things. I felt good tonight.

Todd McLellan
On his takeaways from tonight’s win on the road

One, we won, so we’re obviously leaving here real happy. Two, the penalty kill played a real large role in that, obviously we didn’t want to go down six times against that power play, for as potent as they were. I think Copley played a big role in the game as well. Half their shots came on the power pla and some nights, when you don’t have everybody clicking the right way, you need other individuals to step up and I thought we saw that from Mooresy, Kev and Phil’s line tonight.
On turning to Pheonix Copley and seeing him get rewarded for the work he’s put in
Absolutely. This was kind of where things started for him and we targeted this game, we wanted him to get a good effort from the group, so that they could play well in front of him and get him back to where he needed to be. All the work he did, leading up into the game, was real important. I know Mike Buckley, our goaltender coach, was coming in daily saying he’s really playing well, practicing well, was ready to play and obviously he was. Last time we were in here, we started and we went down, three real quick right off the bat. We had to pull him and it wasn’t necessarily on him.
On the shorthanded goal and what it did for the group early in the first period
I thought there was going to be a psychological factor in this game. After the last one we played here, where they had the lead and we came back, both coaches are probably saying “hey, if we just fix part of it, it will be important.” So, for us to score on their power play, which they rely on a lot, right off the bat, I think that helped us psychologically to get going the right way. Then, to pad it with two, but after that our power play was very sloppy and we almost let them back in, in those situations.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change

2023-G17-KF2.png

2023-G15-KD.png

2023-G17-KGI.png

DUCKS PROBABLE LINEUP

2023-G18-DF.png

2023-G18-DD.png

2023-G18-DGI.png

NO Former Kings

_____________________________________________________________________________________

2023-G18-Goalie-Comp.png

2023-G18-Pic3.png

2023-G18-Players-to-Watch.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

2023-G18-Standings.png

*VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

**Tonight’s Poll Question**

The Ducks are 9th in Hits per 60 with 18.81, and the Kings are 14th with 16.95
How many TOTAL HITS will there be by BOTH teams combined in today's game?
You can take 2 guesses

+/-2 = 1 point, +/-1 = 2 points, Dead On = 3 points
Take your best guesses in your post below
the only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS

Congratulations to the only poster to guess JAD as the first penalty of the pervious game:

Clif

Kings of the Mountain with 11 points - Dr Tran, notbob, Rusty

9 points = Byron, CIrvine, hornman, JayWells24, Kurisu, Liz4LA, SirJW, VegasHockey

8 points = Angel Eyes, beady eye, Chateau Bow Wow, clif, DRGinLBC, hihocarp, Nyssa42, pray4mojo, Salty Puck

7 points = Cross Traffic, Jerram, katydid213, KHenry14, mugs, Randdog, TooCool

6 points = forum gold, Guinevere, jammer06, Madness20721, Rinkrat, waynet

5 points = dannybuoy1, DRice, empire, Sevenhole, Shackleford, VCRW

4 points = Busted Chops, Dexter, KernCoKingsFan, puckoff, Rogie-Vachon, sonnyboy11

3 points = beedee

2 points = Bill Hicks, cokingsfan, Ragbone, rfischer, symbology

1 point = PuckMaster, STONE

2023-G18-Pic2.png

Thank you nyssa!
27 and 44

Remember peeps, if you're shopping today, please film horizontally

LGKlogo2.png

Game Day Thread
Game #18/82
11/24/23

12:30pm Pacific on BSW

2023-G17-Kings-Logo-Away.png
2023-G18-Ducks-Logo-Away.png

Los Angeles Kings @ Anaheim Ducks
Honda Center | Anaheim, CA

Last Season's Meetings

04/13/23 -- Kings 5, Ducks 3
02/17/23 -- Kings 6, Ducks 3
12/20/22 -- Ducks 1, Kings 4

2023-G18-Team-Stats.png

**Game Time 12:30pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW (& BSSC if you want to listen to Hayward)**
Radio:
LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

2023-G18-Pic1.png

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here

Pheonix Copley & Todd McLellan 11/20/23 Post-Game Quotes:

Pheonix Copley
On the win tonight and the key to another road victory

I think it’s just sticking with it. They forecheck hard and make creative plays in the offensive zone, so I think at times, we were a little more sloppy than we wanted to be, but we all stuck together and worked through it. Then, on our offensive end, we did really well, so that was the key.
On how he felt the Kings limited Grade A’s, despite Arizona’s puck possession in the second period
For the most part, we were keeping them to the outside, they didn’t get a whole lot of stuff inside. When they got shots, we were there to clean up the rebounds and our net play was strong. That was key to when they were having those pushes, to keep them off the board and kind of kill the momentum.
On a big night from the group on the penalty kill
I mean, first, we’re blocking a lot of shots and that’s huge. We’re taking away lanes, that was a really good PP, that was a good test for us and we did a really good job keeping them on the outside. I think we’ve beeb sticking to keeping it simple and that’s leading to the success.
On his focal points in practice, between starts, leading into today
I’ve been doing a little bit of extra work with [goaltending coach Mike Buckley]. I think to start the season, I’ve been a little bit inconsistent and I just wanted to give the guys here a full 60. I’ve put in some extra work with Bucks over the past week and a half or so and I think it helped to clean up some things. I felt good tonight.

Todd McLellan
On his takeaways from tonight’s win on the road

One, we won, so we’re obviously leaving here real happy. Two, the penalty kill played a real large role in that, obviously we didn’t want to go down six times against that power play, for as potent as they were. I think Copley played a big role in the game as well. Half their shots came on the power pla and some nights, when you don’t have everybody clicking the right way, you need other individuals to step up and I thought we saw that from Mooresy, Kev and Phil’s line tonight.
On turning to Pheonix Copley and seeing him get rewarded for the work he’s put in
Absolutely. This was kind of where things started for him and we targeted this game, we wanted him to get a good effort from the group, so that they could play well in front of him and get him back to where he needed to be. All the work he did, leading up into the game, was real important. I know Mike Buckley, our goaltender coach, was coming in daily saying he’s really playing well, practicing well, was ready to play and obviously he was. Last time we were in here, we started and we went down, three real quick right off the bat. We had to pull him and it wasn’t necessarily on him.
On the shorthanded goal and what it did for the group early in the first period
I thought there was going to be a psychological factor in this game. After the last one we played here, where they had the lead and we came back, both coaches are probably saying “hey, if we just fix part of it, it will be important.” So, for us to score on their power play, which they rely on a lot, right off the bat, I think that helped us psychologically to get going the right way. Then, to pad it with two, but after that our power play was very sloppy and we almost let them back in, in those situations.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change

2023-G17-KF2.png

2023-G15-KD.png

2023-G17-KGI.png

DUCKS PROBABLE LINEUP

2023-G18-DF.png

2023-G18-DD.png

2023-G18-DGI.png

NO Former Kings

_____________________________________________________________________________________

2023-G18-Goalie-Comp.png

2023-G18-Pic3.png

2023-G18-Players-to-Watch.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

2023-G18-Standings.png

*VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

**Tonight’s Poll Question**

The Ducks are 9th in Hits per 60 with 18.81, and the Kings are 14th with 16.95
How many TOTAL HITS will there be by BOTH teams combined in today's game?
You can take 2 guesses

+/-2 = 1 point, +/-1 = 2 points, Dead On = 3 points
Take your best guesses in your post below
the only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS

Congratulations to the only poster to guess JAD as the first penalty of the pervious game:

Clif

Kings of the Mountain with 11 points - Dr Tran, notbob, Rusty

9 points = Byron, CIrvine, hornman, JayWells24, Kurisu, Liz4LA, SirJW, VegasHockey

8 points = Angel Eyes, beady eye, Chateau Bow Wow, clif, DRGinLBC, hihocarp, Nyssa42, pray4mojo, Salty Puck

7 points = Cross Traffic, Jerram, katydid213, KHenry14, mugs, Randdog, TooCool

6 points = forum gold, Guinevere, jammer06, Madness20721, Rinkrat, waynet

5 points = dannybuoy1, DRice, empire, Sevenhole, Shackleford, VCRW

4 points = Busted Chops, Dexter, KernCoKingsFan, puckoff, Rogie-Vachon, sonnyboy11

3 points = beedee

2 points = Bill Hicks, cokingsfan, Ragbone, rfischer, symbology

1 point = PuckMaster, STONE

2023-G18-Pic2.png

Go Kings Go #duckssuck

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom