***LA Kings @ Buffalo Sabres GDT 12/13/22 4:00pm on BSW***

Hey, but the good news, according to the Mayor, is that, overall, the "plan" is coming together (see his tweet on 12/3/22). Yeah, sure, got it.

Well the Kings can take pride in the one thing are real good at, that no other team comes close to them. That is making the opposing team look real great. Kings even solve the other teams players that struggle to score by allowing them to score on them.

Extend a point streak, break a scoring slump, get the PP going - Kings provide it all!

Let’s as a group stop blaming goaltenders for this teams disastrous defensive effort every night. They aren’t the solution but they aren’t the problem.

This team is imploding and if Blake and Luc don't see it. It is time that Luc, Blake and TM are replaced. How Blake is sticking with TM is just insane. TM has lost this team.

This team is imploding and if Blake and Luc don't see it. It is time that Luc, Blake and TM are replaced. How Blake is sticking with TM is just insane. TM has lost this team.

How is it clear to most everyone except Blake? I mean...how?

Not me. I'm absolutely giddy about the prospects of being utterly humiliated in every way possible.
There has to be a tipping point, might as well happen now.

Actually your right and it would entertaining to watch a team is really good on special teams for once

I turned the game off at 2-0. How the hell did they score FOUR more goals? Terrific end of game effort there....

jom

Watched the pathetic interview with TM. He states they talk about the mistakes the team does all the time, Stop talking about it idiot and do something about it. It is called accountability. Start benching the players and bring up the youngsters in the minors if need be. At the very least those young prospects will gain NHL experience.

the "good news" is that the Kraken are getting a 6-1 beat down from the Lightning right now

And it looks like the Oilers are gonna beat the Preds tonight, bumping this team down to where it probably belongs in the standings

I can't believe that complete collapse in the 3rd period. Wow, what the F was that? Every wrong thing that's been happening in previous games happened in this 3rd period. I'm not sure which of the goals it was but how do let Tage Thompson set up right off to the side of the net? On another goal the Buffalo player skated right down the middle to the net & Grundstrom couldn't muscle him off the puck knock him off stride. And then another goal, this was a PP goal allowed, on that play the 4 penalty killers were just spinning around like bubble hockey players while the puck got passed back & forth between them. That sort of made me laugh, even though it's not really funny. The only thing I really don't blame this loss on is the goaltending.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed a proper total for the number twins for each team recorded as 19-1, 22-1, 24-3, 26-1, 28-0, the pairs of 53 and 89 were disqualified:

Pair 19-1 (1 point):
JayWells24
Helvetica
kingsmen93
DRGinLBC
DRice
VegasHockey
KHenry14
forum gold
SirJW
Shackelford
Bill Hicks
Sevenhole

Pair 22-1 (1 point):
Kurisu
srm1105
Chateau Bow Wow
beady eye
randdog
sonnyboy11
DRice
pry4mojo
VegasHockey
John a90
SirJW
empire

Pair 24-3 (1 point):
Clif

Pair 26-1 (1 point):
Kurisu
srm1105
jammer06
Rusty
Byron
CIrvine
kingsmen93
sonnyboy11
pray4mojo
VegasHockey
forum gold
SirJW
waynet
dannybuoy1
Liz4LA
hihocarp
Bill Hicks
Nyssa42
Sevenhole
empire

Pair 28-0 (1 point):
Kurisu
JayWells24
jammer06
Chateau Bow Wow
Byron
Helvetica
randdog
DRGinLBC
sonnyboy11
DRice
JETS GARAGE
pray4mojo
AngelEyes
VegasHockey
KHenry14
forum gold
LeftyKing
waynet
Shackleford
Liz4LA
hornman
Rogie-Vachon
Sevenhole
empire

Big congratulations to all posters, for the first time I believe all posters recorded a point who played. I'll need to double check that. The only thing more impressive might have been recording all those answers on a single post it note (that also means I probably missed something, please check my work). High score to VegasHockey who went 4/5 on eligible numbers. Clif was the only poster to get the 24 twin point total. I would comment on the game except I only saw the first since I had to go take mini to his game at the start of the second and thus didn't see anything but that Faust comment regarding their record when getting 15 shots or more in the first seemed ominous and prescient.

Last edited:
I can't believe that complete collapse in the 3rd period. Wow, what the F was that? Every wrong thing that's been happening in previous games happened in this 3rd period. I'm not sure which of the goals it was but how do let Tage Thompson set up right off to the side of the net? On another goal the Buffalo player skated right down the middle to the net & Grundstrom couldn't muscle him off the puck knock him off stride. And then another goal, this was a PP goal allowed, on that play the 4 penalty killers were just spinning around like bubble hockey players while the puck got passed back & forth between them. That sort of made me laugh, even though it's not really funny. The only thing I really don't blame this loss on is the goaltending.

I hesitate to call anyone of their goals "the worst", but oh man, there was one where it wasn't a clear cut 2 on 1, but Doughty was stuck defending two guys, tried to the away the pass, failed, and then just quit on the play as they passed it right back by him to the original puck handler for an easy tap in. It's OK, though, it's not like Doughty is an experienced, former Norris winning veteran.

I hesitate to call anyone of their goals "the worst", but oh man, there was one where it wasn't a clear cut 2 on 1, but Doughty was stuck defending two guys, tried to the away the pass, failed, and then just quit on the play as they passed it right back by him to the original puck handler for an easy tap in. It's OK, though, it's not like Doughty is an experienced, former Norris winning veteran.

that was pretty brutal. I feel like that's exactly the type of play coach talks about too, when he talks about guys trying to do too much, or trying to do other guys' jobs. Like, i understand Doughty's thought process, but if he'd just stuck with his guy, that's possibly not a goal there.

Grundtsrom's lazy penalty in the neutral zone on the PK to set up the 5on3 had me yelling at the tv as well. Completely unnecessary blunder.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back