GDT ***LA Kings @ Montreal Canadiens GDT 10/17/24 4:00pm on BSW***

didn't everyone used to pronounce "Jackeye" as "ZHeekazh"?? These poor guys from countries with unusual spellings/pronunciations....

Zhekaj is from Slovakia, and Slovaks have really weird pronunciations for their names because of their quaint language. At least their Czech neighbors are easier to pronounce with their own names.

Finally, a win for LA. Montreal was controlling for the most part in the game, but LA and Rittich held down the fort for the road win. Thank you, Rittich, for regaining your form after that debacle in Toronto.

Yeah the Habs suck and all, but it's nice to see the Kings clamp down and just give up one goal, especially after giving up 14 in the last two games. Although, I have to admit, my attention wasn't fully on the Kings game...and man was that Cleveland/New York game a wild one! Fun night!

I'll take the W but Rittich made some (4 or 5 really...) saves you wouldn't expect him to make consistently. It was a pretty even game at the end of the day, but nice W.

Going home with a .600 points percentage seems like a minor miracle after their performances in Ottawa and Toronto.

Happy to see Hiller be willing to make a major shakeup this early in the season - rather than stubbornly staying the course as his predecessor did far too often. I think he is on the right track with the new lines. Hope Thomas gets a shot at 4C in L.A.

Going home with a .600 points percentage seems like a minor miracle after their performances in Ottawa and Toronto.

Happy to see Hiller be willing to make a major shakeup this early in the season - rather than stubbornly staying the course as his predecessor did far too often. I think he is on the right track with the new lines. Hope Thomas gets a shot at 4C in L.A.
Good.

That's what Hiller is getting paid to do. In my opinion, he had to do something after giving up 14 goals in two games. He really shook things up and the team responded. Montreal or not, that was a great effort. It probably should have been a shutout, but Dave was a little slow there on that wrap‐around. So to go from a average of seven goals against in the past two games to a virtual shutout is reason for optimism.

And on a personal level, I can't wait for this East Coast trip to end so I can watch these games at a normal human hour.

That brings up an obligatory trivia question:

Is this the longest Kings Road Trip to start a season in team history?

Back