2023-Game-60-Islanders-Away-Logos.png

G60-Team-Stats.png

Los Angeles Kings @ New York Islanders

UBS Arena | Elmont, NY

Deaf Awareness Night
Girl Scouts Night &
2010’s Night
-
The Isles are throwing it back to the 2010s, including pricing! Enjoy $4.50 hot dogs, presented by American Express.

No Previous Meetings This Season

**Game Time 4:30pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:BSW

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Sean Durzi & Todd McLellan 2/23 Post Game Quotes

Sean Durzi on the disappointment in getting just the one point tonight
Disappointing. I thought we could have won that game, I thought we should have won that game. I think the belief in here is strong, I think every night we think we could win, so it’s disappointing.
Durzi on his goal tonight to initially put the Kings ahead late
Kopi made a good pass and I put it in the net, but we’ve got to lock it down after that. He’s a world-class passer, Kevin won a battle and I saw their two guys kind of puck watching. Kopi just made a good pass.
Durzi on the focal points with the back-to-back tomorrow
I mean, we’ve got to win. That’s kind of your focus right now, points, everyone’s got to be desperate for points. Regroup, rest up and right back at it. It’s a good opportunity.

Todd McLellan on the balance between a good point and being disappointed not to get two
We’ll take the one we got. Not a lot of teams that come into this building or play against that team leave with points. On the other side of it, it is disappointing that we couldn’t get the last 30 seconds done, but you have to give them some credit too, they broke us down and made a nice play to the net. Again, I thought a pretty good effort from our group, maybe not enough players tonight to roll four lines, our fourth line got beat up a little bit and that was a little bit disappointing. For the most part, not a bad night, unfortunately, only one out of the two.
McLellan on if he felt there were similarities to leads given up over the past few weeks
No, not at all, I thought this was a completely different effort and attentiveness during the game than it was against Arizona the other night. Not even close.
McLellan onslotting Kevin Fiala with Phil Danault and Viktor Arvidsson
Well, it’s one thing that we haven’t tried all year, is Kevin with Phil and Arvy, I thought they were tremendous tonight. I really thought they had the puck a lot, I thought they made skilled plays and didn’t hurt us at all defensively. They look like they’ve played together before and yet they haven’t.
McLellan on the number of odd-man opportunities the Kings had tonight
Well, it’s sometimes not what we’re doing right, maybe sometimes what the other team is doing wrong, whether they gamble or they pinch at the wrong time, our team does that too. You want to keep plays alive, you’re pinching, I think offensive players are reading that the puck is going to stay alive and they stay in the zone and then it goes the other way. So, we did have some really good rush opportunities tonight, many more than we did in the o-zone. I thought it was an up and down game, it was fast, both teams played sharp, played well. It was probably a pretty entertaining night.
McLellan on New Jersey’s speed in 3-on-3 settings
Their speed can kill people 5-on-5, so imagine taking two players off the ice surface. They’re extremely skilled and talented and their offensive players may not be the biggest guys, but they can slither and slide off checks, change pace and escape. There’s probably a reason why they’re winning most of those.

showimage.php

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

G60KF.png

G55KD.png

G47KG.png

Kings Injuries

Carl Grundstrom (IR)
Trevor Moore (D2D)

Islanders Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

G60IF.png

G60ID.png

G60IG.png

G60II.png

Former Kings Draft Pick

Hudson Fasching
8477392.jpg

Former King on Coaching Staff

Doug Houda - Assistant Coach
G60-Houda.png

GOALIE STATS

G60GSK.png

G60GSI.png

PLAYER STATS

Click Here For More Stats & Rosters

2023-G60-Islanders-Away-Player-Stats.png

WESTERN CONFERENCE STANDINGS

G60-WConf-Standings.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

Part 1 - How many total points will be scored by former Western Conference rivals Bo Horvat, Kyle Palmieri, Zach Parise, and Semyon Varlamov? (Clutterbuck is on IR)

You can take 2 guesses for this part

Part 2 - At what time of the game will the Kings score their 1st goal?
You can take 3 guesses - use the ___Min:Sec of the __ Period format
You can also choose “No Goals”

+/-2 mins = 1 point, +/- 1:00 = 2 points, +/- :30 = 3 points
1 point if you correctly guess “The Kings will not score any goals tonight”

Previous Game’s Winners

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within +/-4 of 54 SOG (The SOG total as of 9:00pm on 1/23):

Dead on 54 (3 points)

Chateau Bow Wow

+/-2 52-56 (2 points):
Rusty
beady eye
empire
TooCool

+/-4 50-58 (1 point):
SaltyPuck
pray4mojo
Liz4LA
notbob
SirJW

***WIN TOTALS NOT UPDATED - WAITING TO MAKE SURE SOG TOTALS DON’T CHANGE***

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 44 points:

VegasHockey

40 Points

LeftyKing
Rusty
sonnyboy11
srm1105

39 Points

Kurisu

38 Points

hornman

37 Points

Bill Hicks
John a90

36 Points

randdog

35 Points

AngelEyes

34 Points

pray4mojo

33 Points

DRGinLBC
DRice
forum gold

32 Points

beady eye
Liz4LA

31 Points

CIrvine
Helvetica
SirJW
TooCool

30 Points

29 Points

28 Points

Nyssa42

27 Points

jammer 06

26 Points

25 Points

Chateau Bow Wow
Clif

24 Points

23 Points

Rogie-Vachon
Sevenhole

22 Points

dannybuoy1
JETS GARAGE
KHenry14
notbob

21 Points

empire
hihocarp

20 Points

19 Points

waynet

18 Points

RoS

17 Points

kingsmen93

16 Points

Dr. Tran

15 Points

JayWells24
kingrussell

14 Points

Shackleford

13 Points

12 Points

Cross Traffic

11 Points

Busted Chops
Byron

10 Points

kopinator

9 Points

Dirtweazle

8 Points

7 Points

6 Points

beedee

5 Points

4 Points

3 Points

Dexter
HTK
salami
STONE

2 Points

05/29/93
PuckMaster

1 Point

Ice24
RagBone
Rinkrat

***Get, Give, & Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

Last edited:
3 or 4 points

15:15 of the 1st
5:45 of the 1st
17:00 of the 2nd

GKG!!!

Part 1: 0 or 2 points
Part 2: 7:28 of the 1st, 11:47 of the 1st, 16:18 of the 1st

Go Kings!!

1 or 2 pts

4:14 of the first
7:27 of the first
9:31 of the first

Two or Three points.
7:11. First.
10:22. First.
14:08. First.

2 or 3 points

5:15 of the 1st
13:15 of the 1st
12:00 of the 2nd

I: 1 or 2
II: 5:30 1st ; 9:48 1st ; 13:33 1st

^In this playoff hunt we just HAVE to come out swinging, right?

If the last two games were huge, this game is humongous. Just saying.

Thank you Nyssa!

0,1 points

4:00 of the first, 8:00 of the first, 6:00 of the second

Lets see what the boys have left.

Thank you, Susan et al!

Will the Kings show us a new way to lose today? Or will they man up and play responsible, playoff style hockey? Hope the Devils enjoyed their overtime gift yesterday.

GKG!!!

Kings probably should win this game. But who knows at this point.

Kings probably should win this game. But who knows at this point.

The Kings have the weapons and the speed to beat the older Islanders, even with Sorokin in the net. Really want to see a good bounceback game from the whole squad tonight. These guys really are a good team. Don't understand the inability to put a boot on the opponent's throat once they have established a lead.

Whoever is running the kangaroo court in the locker room needs some tutoring from Matt Greene. Accountability seems to be hard to come by in this group. If the pattern persists much longer, Rob may need to have a very private session with the boys and coaching staff.

We see how talented they are every game. We know what they can be. But the team has squandered away at least a dozen points up to this point. This team could easily be tops in the division if not the conference if they could just learn how to dominate for 60 minutes. Home ice in Round 1 will be huge!

If it's this frustrating for we fans, then I can only imagine what's going on in the organization.

The Kings will definitely drop in the standings if they losing games. They seem to relaxed, they don't seem to realize that it is time to raise it up a notch and play playoff hockey because the other teams are.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back