***LA Kings @ Philadephia Flyers GDT 11/04/23 4:30pm on BSW***

There used to be a time on television, sports broadcasts in particular, that one or both of the broadcasters would be drunk on mic at all times. Go back and find any Harry Caray clip, Howard Cossell would tie one on during broadcasts, hell even Joe Buck admitted to drinking during games. Let Army live.

HarryDoyle.jpg

And the Oil lost AGAIN!!
2-7-1

tied with Calgary record wise and Only better than San Jose. BWAHAHAHAHA

I don't normally take great relish in another team's misfortune, but the Oil's struggles are demonstrating that my sense of sportsmanship has a chink in it. :devilish:

Admittedly I wasn’t a big England fan but he has had a great defensive night tonight

He had a couple of gaffs, but I have to agree that he was pretty good, especially covering up for his partner's defensive shortcomings.

I miss the days when the Kings couldn't get a win vs. the Flyers to save their life....oh...wait...no I don't.

jom

Oh lordy, those were tough times to be a Kings fan. I can remember being sure every meeting that the streak was surely going to end . . . and then it didn't.

It's Kaliyev! Finally a PP goal!

Good thing, because up until that point his game had been hot garbage . . . and I mean the kind that exits ones fundament. Numerous turnovers, misdirected passes, mental blunders, a constant drag on his linemates. He got a somewhat better after the goal and assist, but without doubt, his worst game of the young season.

I said it on page 3 I think - he seemed smashed tonight. I feel bad for Patrick. Armstrong should be nowhere near a TV camera, just my opinion.
Armstrong is horrid. His speech is unclear & he's unwatchable.
Now, Stoll?
Clear, concise, good visuals (so I'm told)

Oh lordy, those were tough times to be a Kings fan. I can remember being sure every meeting that the streak was surely going to end . . . and then it didn't.
As I recall, the Kings record against Philly for that time period (74-82 roughly) was 0-28-4. The first 8 years I followed the Kings I didn't see them beat the Flyers. Hell, one game at the Forum the Flyers scored TWO shorthanded goals on the same penalty. It's easy to laugh now...it wasn't so funny then.

jom

God I hope Derek was drunk because he was a mess. Where has Jarret Stoll been the last couple games? I really like to listen to him.

That was the worst I've seen Army. They needed a big hook to drag him off. Stoll does Kings thangs when he's absent.

Armstrong is horrid. His speech is unclear & he's unwatchable.
Now, Stoll?
Clear, concise, good visuals (so I'm told)

Patrick and Stoll have a good back and forth banter that at times is hilarious. Army it's pure cringe with Patrick trying to keep the ship afloat. I'm a Patrick fan.

There used to be a time on television, sports broadcasts in particular, that one or both of the broadcasters would be drunk on mic at all times. Go back and find any Harry Caray clip, Howard Cossell would tie one on during broadcasts, hell even Joe Buck admitted to drinking during games. Let Army live.

Lmao. I mean yeah it's not the most important gig, being an intermission reporter. Dude was banging the stick around and yelling choo choo forever, it was so bad. But hey, Army is Army I guess. I will say, the Kings have the weirdest intermission report I've seen from any team banter/joking wise.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 2 combined points and/or Kempe with the game winning goal:

Both (2 Points):
VegasHockey
randdog
rinkrat
Cross Traffic
notbob
hornman
AngelEyes
SaltyPuck
pray4mojo
Kurisu
Shackleford
Dr. Tran
beady eye
Chateau Bow Wow

2 Total Points (1 Point):
Busted Chops
Madness20721
Sevenhole

Kempe GWG (1 point):
sonnyboy11
Guinevere
symbology
VCRW
CIrvine
Rusty
katydid213
DRice
SirJW
Jerram
KHenry14
empire
fourm gold
JAyWells24
Liz4LA
PuckMaster
Clif
Nyssa42
hihocarp

Firstly its terrible to hear the passing of Tim. I met him once at a pregame and like he did for so many, the guy bought my drink because thats just the kind of guy he was. RIP

The game itself took a minute for the kings to find their feet, but once they did it was a clinic. Im not sure how great it was that part of finding their feet was realizing just how bad Cal's tending has gotten, but they took advantage like they should have. Way to bank the points and now come the hardest stretch of this month with a 3 in 4 starting with the Knights.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom