LA Kings Prospects that should've been stars

P

Pretty Vivid

Lurker

Hey guys, just finished working on a new video and thought it would make for a good topic on here.

Hope you guys enjoy the video and would be interested to hear if you have any guys you were really excited about coming up the ranks and never really panned out or got a chance.

All the best! LGK!

That was good, but at the same time depressing! As a swede, I hade high hopes for 2001 first round pick Jens Karlsson. That never materialized…

I'll watch it tomorrow, but first names that come to mind:

Pavel Rosa
Jens Karlsson
Lauri Tuokonen
Yanick Lehoux
Konstantin Pushkarev

That was good, but at the same time depressing! As a swede, I hade high hopes for 2001 first round pick Jens Karlsson. That never materialized…

If and when I do a draft bust video, I would like to include Karlsson. Personally felt like that was more of a missed pick than a stud who never lived up to expectations. But obviously there were people really high on him.

I'm not more than casually familiar with Kings prospect history, but this was really interesting and thoroughly entertaining. Well done.

I always thought Aki Berg was going to do something. 3rd overall, played 600+ Nhl games (50! playoff games), but never really got there.

Going back Doug Smith should have been something. The Kings passed on Bobby Carpenter and....yikes....Ron Francis to draft him at #2 . Didn't work out.....

jom

My fave in this category was Linden Vey. 116 points in his last year of juniors..and he ended up playing all of 138 games in the NHL, most of those in the 2014-15 season with the Nucks. He's spent the last 4 years in the KHL being mediocre

This was awesome! Thanks PV! A couple of things to add:

Loktionov - I still recall that video of Lombardi soooooooo excited about his development before he got his cup of coffee.
Sully - Loved that guy! I thought he was going to be the best LW we had since Ziggy. However we did get Mr Game 7 for him...

These are who I remember there being buzz about at the time but didn't pan out (at least for the Kings):

Yanick Lehoux
Olli Jokinen
Aki Berg
Jens Karlsson
Jaroslav Bednar
Petr Kanko

These are who I remember there being buzz about at the time but didn't pan out (at least for the Kings):
Olli Jokinen
17 seasons
1300 games, 321 goals, 429 assists
6 playoff games
$44,000,000
He made a living, if no impact whatsoever

17 seasons
1300 games, 321 goals, 429 assists
6 playoff games
$44,000,000
He made a living, if no impact whatsoever

From what I've read he could be an NHL hire sometime soon as a head coach. And a very god one at that.

Wayne McBean
Craig Duncanson
Dan Gratton
Aki Berg
Robb Stauber
Kale Clague
Oscar Moller
Jamie Storr
Mathieu Biron
Vitali Yachmenev

Seems like every year there was on that disappointed.
I worry that we put too high hopes in these young men.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back