Previous Meetings

03/10/22 - Sharks 3, Kings 2 (OT)
01/17/22 - Kings 2, Sharks 6

2021-22-Game-60-Sharks-Away-Stats.jpg

**Game Time EARLY START 6:30pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

G60P7.png

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Jordan Spence, Trevor Moore & Todd MacLellan 3/10/22 Post Game Quotes

Jordan Spence
On his emotions in warmups, on his first shift

It’s emotional, you play hockey to be at the next level in the NHL and having that moment, going out in warmups especially, it’s nerve wracking, but also excitement. Playing in the game, I was just trying to take it all in but focus on the game as well. Overall, it was an amazing experience, but it was a tough loss tonight that’s for sure.
On managing his emotions throughout the day
It was just a lot of excitement, I called my parents right away. They helped me with a lot, moving to Canada, all sots of things, so I really appreciate what they’ve done and what they’re doing right now. With the emotions, I just tried to keep it all in, soak it all in, that’s what all the guys were saying. It was a great experience.
On the biggest differences between the NHL and the AHL
I think it’s just more structured, more skill, there’s a lot of good players out there, so you really have to be aware of who’s on the ice. You just have to make simple plays and after that, you can be more comfortable and try and make plays.
On the messaging from the coaching staff, coming in to play his game
Yeah, the first period, you just want to get your jitters out and just make the simple play, but as the game goes on, they want me to shoot the puck and create that offensive threat in the o-zone. I was just trying to do the best I can to contribute and help the team.
On having a comfort level playing with Jacob Moverare, and others who were teammates in Ontario
I was partnered with Moverare, he was my D-partner at the start of the season, so it was pretty comfortable playing with him, because I know how he plays and he knows how I play. Durzi played with us at the start of the season too, so it’s pretty cool seeing how they started and how they ended up playing with the LA Kings.

Trevor Moore
On tonight’s loss, and falling against San Jose

I guess they’ve had our number for a little bit now, too many penalties for sure, a little bit sloppy in spots.
On the penalties, specifically in the offensive zone
I think any kind of penalties stink, but offensive-zone penalties kind of hurt. I thought our kill did a pretty good job tonight, but it kind of deflates the team, can’t really get a lot of guys in a rhythm, things like that.
On building chemistry with Andreas Athanasiou now on his line
Yeah, two really good players, obviously. Phil does it everywhere, I think we know that by now, and Dubs is a super talented offensive guy, you get him the puck and it could be a goal at any moment. I’m fortunate to play with them.
On if getting one point tonight is acceptable, in the playoff race
No, I think that game was disappointing for us. We want to beat those guys. They’ve had our number a little bit, dating back to last year and we want to beat them. It’s another one that we let slip through.
On areas to focus on heading into the rematch on Saturday
We were a little sloppy in the neutral zone, maybe, just staying out of the penalty box and we’ve just got to get on the forecheck better. We didn’t have great dumps tonight, it played into the way they set up their breakouts. If we can clean up those things we’ll have a good chance.

Todd McLellan
On tonight’s result

Yawns was just saying, it was a point on a night where we probably didn’t deserve a point, so let’s move on, let’s fix a few things – a lot of things – and get ready to play again in San Jose. It’s that time of the year where you’ve got to flush it quick, you’ve got to get your game back.
On if tonight’s result was on account of missing players
No, the players that are in the lineup have to do a better job of playing. Missing players, it doesn’t help, of course we’d like to have every one of them back, but it’s a fact of life, that’s what it is. If you’re wearing a uniform, playing in the game, adjust a little bit. Do the things that we do well, well all the time and the rest will take care of itself and we didn’t do that today. Six minors, when’s the last time we took six minors, four in the offensive zone. We overworked some players, underworked others, there was no rhythm in the game. It played right into their hands, their special teams are very good. It was not a good night for us.
On his impression of Jordan Spence
I thought he did a real good job. Just think of how I spoke about our team, that’s not an easy night to come in and play. He played with Jacob, three games of total experience, they were fine. We had some experienced guys that maybe didn’t quite get it done as well as they should have. I’m happy for him, that he got the opportunity, and he didn’t disappoint.
On the penalty kill and giving up two PPG’s tonight
It starts with not taking six, because that’s 12 minutes of the game and that’s too taxing on our group. The penalty kill itself, we’re four seconds away from getting it done on the second one, the first one was a good shot, double screen, sometimes teams are going to do that to you. The second one, we pressured them enough, we had them in a bad spot, we let them off the hook and we weren’t good around our net. Four seconds left, we were through it. We have been giving up some goals at inopportune times over the last few weeks, so all of that needs to get cleaned up as well.
On Athanasiou’s play since rejoining the lineup
Dubs has had a tough year, health-wise, that’s been his biggest obstacle. When he did come back, I think he missed so much hockey, I think he forgot a little bit about how hard it is to play. He sat out a couple of games and then came back and gave us really good efforts. He was physical, he blocked shots in Boston, scored big goals on that road trip and tonight another one. He’s been the player we expected him to be. His injuries, and his in and out of the lineup, has not helped him one bit this year, it’s tough for him.
On if he wants to see more from Kopitar and Kempe
They have to pick their share up a little bit. They don’t have to score all the time, just their overall game, and I think on the power play in particular. They’re world-class players, and we have world-class players on the power play, who need to get it done. It’s as simple as that.
On what he’d like to see turned around for the two games upcoming versus San Jose
I know they have the advantage when it comes to special teams right now. Their penalty kill is number two in the league and their power play is running at 27, 28 percent in the month of February. For us to keep putting ourselves in those situations, it keeps us out of our strength. Yeah, don’t take the penalties, but polish up the penalty kill, get the power play going so it at least generates a bit of momentum. I would say that those are big factors.
On Jacob Moverare coming back into the lineup
He has been fine as well. Tough to evaluate him, because he’s in and then he’s not in for a while. He may have had the tougher task tonight, maybe a tougher job or task to come into the game, in comparison to Jordan, because Jacob’s been practicing and practices aren’t very long at this time of the year. He’s had to find a way to keep his game, without playing, while Jordan has been playing at the American League level, getting 22, 23 minutes a night.

G60P8.png

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
G60KF2.png

G59KD2.png

G52KG.png

Kings Injuries

Viktor Arvidsson (IR)
MIkey Anderson (IR)
Andreas Athanasiou (IR)
Drew Doughty (DtD)
Alexander Edler (LTIR)
Brendan Lemieux (IR)
Sean Walker (LTIR)

Sharks Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
G60SF.png

G60SD.png

G59SG.png

G59SI.png

Former Kings Draft Pick

Jacob Middleton
8478136.jpg

(it's OK if you've never heard of him - I haven't either - 7th round pick in 2014)

G60P10.png

GOALIE STATS

G60GSK.png

G60GSS.png

G60P6.png

PLAYER STATS

G60PSK.png
G60PSS.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

G60-Standings.png

G60P4.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

THIS QUESTION IS FOR TONIGHT AND TOMORROW NIGHT’S GAMES. NO NEW QUESTION FOR TOMORROW’S GAME. It’s similar to the question from a couple of weeks ago, but with a new twist.

Pick ANY THREE KINGS PLAYERS you like. Guess how many points each player will get in the next 2 games combined (tonight and tomorrow). YOU CANNOT GUESS ZERO POINTS.
So, for example, you can say: Kempe 3, Brownie 1, Athanasiou 5

For each CORRECT guess, you will receive THE NUMBER OF POINTS THAT PLAYER SCORED.

(so, you can play it safe and guess 3 players you think will get 1 point, or go for broke and guess 5 for AA or 3 for Kempe, etc.)

Take your best guesses in your post below.
The only prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

Previous Game’s Winners

Congratulations to our sole poster who correctly guessed there would be 10 individual trips to the penalty box in the previous game:

Busted Chops

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 45 points:

srm1105

40 Points

Reg or Rog?

36 Points

LeftyKing
VegasHockey

35 Points

AngelEyes
John a90
Rusty

34 Points

pray4mojo
Sonnyboy11

33 Points

notbob

32 Points

Chateau Bow Wow
DRice
Helvetica
Kurisu

31 Points

hokiecat
Liz4LA

30 Points

Bill Hicks
Dr. Tran
hornman

29 Points

Busted Chops
jammer06

28 Points

JayWells24

27 Points

kingrussell

26 Points

25 Points

KHenry14
Nyssa42

24 Points

Byron

23 Points

dannybuoy1
STONE

22 Points

21 Points

CIrvine
Shackleford
SirJW

20 Points

empire

19 Points

Sevenhole

18 Points

TooCool

17 Points

forum gold
Rogie-Vachon

16 Points

Clif
JETS GARAGE

15 Points

14 Points

cokingsfan

13 Points

Dirtweazle
DRGinLBC
PuckMaster
randdog

12 Points

11 Points

Greg33
kopinator

10 Points

beady eye
beedee

9 Points

8 Points

7 Points

MaxwellSmart

6 Points

Joe Laviguer

5 Points

kingsmen93
waynet

4 Points

3 Points

2 Points

Ice24
rinkrat

1 Point

lurker
MBreeden
RoS
Salami
Stormy2213

***Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

G60P1.png

Photos courtesy of NHL.com/Getty Images​

Last edited:
Danault 3, Kempe 3 (he’s due), and Kaliyev 2

Go Kings!!

Pick ANY THREE KINGS PLAYERS you like. Guess how many points each player will get in the next 2 games combined (tonight and tomorrow).

ARTY PARTY: 3

THOUSAND OAKS TREVOR: 4

JORDAN "Baby Face" SPENCE: 2

Nobody ever remembers that Jacob Middleton was a Kings draft pick, hahaha.

Anyways:
Moore: 2
Kopi: 1
Kempe: 2

EDIT: yanked Athanasiou from my answer since he was just put on IR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Nyssa!

I wonder if Kaliyev changed his number to 47 if he would be an even better sniper. AK47 (wump wump).

Anywho here are my guesses:

Trevor Moore from Thousand Oaks - 5
Danault from the Habs - 4
Kempe from wherever he's been lately - 3

Thank you, Susan et al!

Who starts a west coast hockey game at 6:30pm? Odd time...

GKG!!!

Danult 4
Moore 3
AA22 3

Edit* I see AA went on IR, So lets switch in Kempe for 3

Last edited:
Nobody ever remembers that Jacob Middleton was a Kings draft pick, hahaha.

OK....I put a picture of Mr. Mystery Pick in the OP

kind of cool that he's finally making it at age 26 - played 40 games this season. Yet another success by the Kings scouting staff!! (7th rounder in 2014) A nice "never give up" story....only 14 NHL games before this season.

Thank you, Susan et al!

Who starts a west coast hockey game at 6:30pm? Odd time...

GKG!!!

They like to get a head start on Daylight Saving Time?

Moore: 3
Kopitar: 2
Kempe: 1

GKG

Last edited by a moderator:
Suggested poll question for tomorrow - guess the forward lines at puck drop.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom