***LA Kings @ San Jose Sharks GDT 3/12/22 >>>6:30pm<<< on BSW***

How early is everyone drinking for tomorrow’s game? Maybe Bloody Mary’s and Mimosas with a few brews to get through the afternoon with some neat whiskey during the game? Shrooms optional.

bad trip! I checked out at 0-3, got lost in Elden Ring. Had a better night overall I think. If I saw right Brown is injured? Probably a good thing. The other 6? Not as much.

I don’t think I wished for a game to end as much as I did this one. I guess I could’ve turned it off but I was hoping to see at least someone get a goal. The worst part wasn’t the play on ice, it was the pity party from Alex & Jim. The injuries suck & we got hit with a bunch of them. But nobody cares. The games still go on & the points count. Whoever’s in the lineup needs to step up & that starts with the top line. Unless they’re secretly playing with injuries, there’s no excuse for them to go so cold right now. And whoever gets recalled from Ontario, I hope they do well. It’s a big opportunity for them. I feel a little bad for Spence having his 2nd game be a disaster, especially when one of his mistakes led to a goal. But he’s a good kid with a bright future so no worries.

And I don’t want to pile on Brown. There’s plenty of people here to do that. But this is the last year of his contract. And if he’s out for a significant amount of time, this could be the last game he plays for the Kings. I hope it’s not though. But he’s not been good for a long while. And having him on the 3rd line has hurt Byfield. I know glad is not the right word but I’m glad Brown’s not on Byfield’s line. I just wish it wasn’t this way. I like Lias with Byfield. I’d also like to see Arty on that line. And on the 2nd line either Vilardi or Kupari. But they need a win tomorrow.

The pity party from Alex & Jim

I keep thinking about this further because it bugs me so much & I can’t sleep. Know what I wish Faust would’ve done? Call the game. Literally, like “Bjornfot passes the puck to Moore, who skates it into the zone”, etc. And Fox just analyze the game as it’s happening. I know they can’t ignore what’s happened to the team but it can’t be the entire focus of the broadcast. It makes it unbearable to watch & listen to.

I keep thinking about this further because it bugs me so much & I can’t sleep. Know what I wish Faust would’ve done? Call the game. Literally, like “Bjornfot passes the puck to Moore, who skates it into the zone”, etc. And Fox just analyze the game as it’s happening. I know they can’t ignore what’s happened to the team but it can’t be the entire focus of the broadcast. It makes it unbearable to watch & listen to.

100% agree. It's bull****. And the crazy thing is most hockey fans are hardcore fans. We're not just wandering in off the street to follow the Kings. Most people know the game (I hope) so it just feels so insulting to have Faust talking and trying to put a spin on things. That said, I'm not sure it is from him or commanded from the executives. He can call a good game on the national broadcast. I think the homerism is very intentional.

It's why I posted the snarky "at least we outshot them". Some of the stuff coming out of Faust and Patrick O is so bizarro world. We're getting crushed by the Bruins 7-0 and they're tickled that we kept a shots streak alive.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom