***LA Kings @ Seattle Kraken GDT 11/19/22 >>7:00pm<< on BSW***

Blaming players for losses gets old. In OT it's a game of chances. You don't play conservative, you take chances, sometimes it doesn't work. The Kings team gave up two goals in regulation, that is outstanding.

Cal made some big saves but that OT goal was a weak one he let in. Should stopped it, but WTH was Walker doing in the O/Z corner leaving Arvi out to dry. Kings were lucky to get a point out of this game.

It's not a bad goal. From our perspective, we could probably all see he was shooting, but Cal was looking at him directly and he was looking pass the whole time and that was a great shot. Agree it was stoppable, but it was not a bad goal. Cal had a pretty good game. That first one was actually more his fault, even though it was a cross ice pass, he got himself caught on the post, there was time for that save, BUT he made enough big saves that I can easily forget it. If this is the form he is in now, that's a huge relief.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the total two team pim of 8:

Kurisu
Chateau Bow Wow
srm1105
DRGinLBC
DRice
CIrvine
Helvetica
waynet
beady eye
Sevenhole
sonnyboy11
SirJW
kingsmen93
Dirtweazle
Bill Hicks
dannybuoy1
hornman

This team has got to figure out how to beat pacific division foes.... Just has to

One point against clearly a better and more physical team, I'll take it. Nobody here expected a win against this Kraken team. So to lose in OT is a win in my book. Well done Kings pulling out a point. 1-3 on the road trip with 3 points, not that bad!

First night of a back to back maybe, second - nah.

IMO, I don’t think they played poorly against Seattle. Seattle is just more physical and it takes a toll on a non physical team. Once again they only gave up two goals in regulation. I agree they did play poorly against VAN.

they were terrible in the 1st period, and i think it was the start that i remember most. They did play a decent 2nd and 3rd against SEA.

they were terrible in the 1st period, and i think it was the start that i remember most. They did play a decent 2nd and 3rd against SEA.

In the first, Seattle came out and physically beat down the Kings. We have to remember playing physical is tiring as well on the team that is playing that way, so at some point they have to back off. If the Kings can withstand the initial onslaught, they will have a chance possible later in the game, if they are not that worn down.

In the first, Seattle came out and physically beat down the Kings. We have to remember playing physical is tiring as well on the team that is playing that way, so at some point they have to back off. If the Kings can withstand the initial onslaught, they will have a chance possible later in the game, if they are not that worn down.

that might be true, but teams have to find a way to stay in the game. They put on a blocked shot clinic in EDM, but didn't have a single blocked shot in the 1st against SEA. The communication wasn't there and they were allowing SEA players to get open looks when they couldnt sort out the coverage. The inability to sort out defensive zone coverage has been an issue all season. And they were doing a poor job of getting set up in 1-3-1, allowing SEA to send players in with speed to retrieve dump-ins. They fixed a lot of those issues in the 2nd and 3rd. Those are things they can control, regardless of who they play against.

that might be true, but teams have to find a way to stay in the game. They put on a blocked shot clinic in EDM, but didn't have a single blocked shot in the 1st against SEA. The communication wasn't there and they were allowing SEA players to get open looks when they couldnt sort out the coverage. The inability to sort out defensive zone coverage has been an issue all season. And they were doing a poor job of getting set up in 1-3-1, allowing SEA to send players in with speed to retrieve dump-ins. They fixed a lot of those issues in the 2nd and 3rd. Those are things they can control, regardless of who they play against.

Along with their defensive coverage issues has been their lack of decisiveness and assertiveness within their own zone when they have the puck. So much back and forth, tough going on breakouts, making it easier for the opposition to continue with their forecheck when they don't even have the puck. The Kings have had so many turnovers within their own zone, even in games they've won. They don't know what they're doing back there most of the time. And if this is the area that they're being consistent, that's worrisome for the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a little concerned because Vilardi and Kempe haven't scored in the past 3 games and if these two don't put the puck in the net. Kings are going nowhere. That has been the difference in they're losses.

I am a little concerned because Vilardi and Kempe haven't scored in the past 3 games and if these two don't put the puck in the net. Kings are going nowhere. That has been the difference in they're losses.

There was no way Vilardi was going to maintain his early season pace (40-45 goals), so this hasn't surprised me. But Kempe? <sigh> Despite his very impressive campaign last season, I'm once again seeing the skilled but aloof forward who just kind of flits in and out of plays, and doesn't seem to really care very much about winning.

There was no way Vilardi was going to maintain his early season pace (40-45 goals), so this hasn't surprised me. But Kempe? <sigh> Despite his very impressive campaign last season, I'm once again seeing the skilled but aloof forward who just kind of flits in and out of plays, and doesn't seem to really care very much about winning.

I see it differently and see Kempe as just not a good fit on a line with Vilardi and Kopitar. Put him with Danault or even Lizotte and I think we see him being successful. Also Kempe has shown a lot of dedication on defense which typically isn't something a forward does if he doesn't care about winning or losing.

On Vilardi I 100% agree that he wasn't going to keep up his early pace. Hopefully we see him light the lamp a bit more frequently going forward though that was he has done over the past few games. Ideally he gets to 30 goals by the end of the season.

Back