01/28/23 -- Kings 2, Lightning 5
10/25/22 -- Lightning 2, Kings 4

2024-G37-Team-Stats.png

**Game Time 4:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**
Radio:
LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here

Kevin Fiala & Todd McLellan 1/7/24 Post-Game Quotes:

Kevin Fiala
On what the difference was in tonight’s game and losing out on the moments in the game

We just have to make sure next game, we’re ready to play 60 minutes. I feel like we started well, they kind of scored at the bad moments, at the end as well. One minute to go, I feel like in those moments, we have to tighten up, play smarter, play better, just dial in a little bit more.
On if he feels there is any letdown in mentality throughout the 60 minutes
Right now, we just didn’t have the bounces, that’s how it goes. We’re not going to win every game, but obviously now we have five in a row, losses, so that’s not acceptable. We’re going to make sure that next game, we’re going to do everything that we can to win. We have to be better.
On the play of his line tonight with Danault and Kaliyev
I think everything was connected, it just didn’t go that way in the last couple games. We just tried to play simple, a North-South game, and just attack, go to the netfront and I liked our game. It’s too bad that in the end, we couldn’t prevent that goal, but overall, I think it was a better night for us.
On the improvements he saw on the power play tonight
There, we got the bounces. We worked on it and it was just a good night, but it’s only one night. We just have to dial in and win the next one.
On the improvements he saw on the power play tonight
We’re trying every game, even if it doesn’t look like it. It’s hard, it’s a long season. Sometimes the bounces go your way, sometimes not, like you saw today. I felt like we should have won the game, and of course they had their chances, but in the last couple of games, they have one chance and one goal. I feel like some bad luck with that, but it’s us who are going to have to work to get out of this, just us together as players and the coaching staff and all of that, but I’m sure I’m not scared about it. We’re going to do better.

Todd McLellan
On if tonight was another example of losing the “moments” he discussed yesterday

I don’t know if I totally agree with that, we were talking about getting the third one in the past and we got the third one tonight. Yeah, we had chances at four, but if we as a group expect to score five every night to win, which is what we did tonight, that’s not going to happen. I’m a little more disappointed in the defensive part of it. The last three goals, the turnover in our end on a breakout, neutral zone checking and then the last one they earned, they broke us down and shot through somebody. The two middle ones we’re not happy with.
On defensive mistakes in tonight’s game
You can talk about d-zone but some of them came off of sloppy breakouts, again individual mistakes, not necessarily structure or systematic things but just individuals at a certain time,making poor decisions or poor execution and it’s in your net.
On how the group is working to get itself out of the five-game skid it’s currently on
Well, we’ve tried some different things, some effective things. We’ve shuffled some lines and I think we’ve liked some of the combinations, not all of them. We’ve worked on different areas of the game where we think we’re slipping a little bit in practice. We’re not going to get a lot of practice time now on the road trip, but we’re getting tested a little bit with the resiliency of our group, and fully expect with the leadership that we have that we can fight our way through it. This was probably the toughest one because you don’t even get a point. You play 59 minutes and leave with nothing. So, we’ll see how we are tomorrow at practice and we’ll make sure we’re ready to play in Tampa.
On the play of the Fiala – Danault – Kaliyev line in tonight’s game
They were our best line, I don’t think it was even close. They had real good defensive play, unfortunately they were on the ice for the winning one, but [good] defensive play and I think they took or attempted 15 shots on goal, so that’s not a bad thing. I thought Kevin had his best game in a long time, not only 5-on-5, but also he made the power-play goal. So, that’s a positive sign for us.
On the improvements shown on the power play tonight
Much better, much better. Even when we didn’t score early in the first power play, we had opportunities, we had looks, we sustained o-zone pressure time. It had an intensity that it’s lacked for a number of games.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change
Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com

2024-G37-KF.png

2023-G31-KD.png

2024-G36-KGI.png

LIGHTNING PROBABLE LINEUP

2024-G37-LF.png

2024-G37-LD.png

2024-G37-LGI.png

Former Kings Prospects

Erik Cernak
2024-G37-Cernak.png

Michael Eyssimont
2024-G37-Eyssimont.png

___________________________________________________________________________________
2024-G37-Goalie-Comp.png

2024-G37-Players-To-Watch.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS
2024-G37-Standings.png

*VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

**Today’s Poll Question**

Part 1 - How many total PP goals will be scored by both teams in tonight's game?
Part 2 - How many total points will be scored by former Kings prospects Michael Eyssimont and Erik Cernak?
ONE GUESS ONLY FOR EACH PART

Take your best guesses in your post below
the only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the game winning goal would be scored by Carlson:

SirJW
Rogie-Vachon
CIrvine
dannybuoy1

Kings of the Mountain with 24 points - notbob & Rusty

23 points = Angel Eyes

22 points =

21 points = Cross Traffic, forum gold, Nyssa42, VegasHockey

20 points = clif, Jerram, SirJW

19 points = beady eye, hornman, Randdog

18 points = Guinevere, mugs, puckoff

17 points = Chateau Bow Wow, Dr Tran, katydid213, Kurisu, VCRW

16 points = CIrvine, empire, Shackleford

15 points = KernCoKingsFan, Rogie-Vachon

14 points = dannybuoy1, DRGinLBC, DRice, hihocarp, jammer06, JayWells24, KHenry14, Liz4LA, pray4mojo

13 points = Byron, Rinkrat, TooCool, waynet

12 points = Bill Hicks, Madness20721

11 points = Madness20721,

10 points = Salty Puck, Sevenhole

9 points =

8 points = cokingsfan, Rog or Reg?, sonnyboy11

7 points = rfischer, symbology

6 points = Busted Chops

5 points =

4 points = beedee, Dexter, Drums4Pigs, fake_it_make_it, Ice24, JETS GARAGE

3 points =

2 points = Ragbone

1 point = JC6388LAKings, PuckMaster, STONE

2024-G37-Pic1.png

photos courtesy of LA Kings twitter

Last edited:
Thanks Nyssa & Jammer

2 ppg
0 pts

Go Kings Go!
We need to get some wins. Come out with your A game and stop with the turnovers please!

Dooley said the forward lines are right back where they were before the shakeup. 💤 💤

Thank you Nyssa!

I'm going secret agent with the double 0's

PPG 0
Points 0

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom