GDT ***LA Kings @ Toronto Maple Leafs GDT 10/16/24 4:30pm on BSW***

Hiller doesn't seem like the right coach for this team.
It’s a personnel issue. Put Scotty Bowman in his prime out there and it’s the same outcome.

Forgive my being a contrarian, but I think Hiller is perfect for this team. He gets the experience. He seems fully capable, but obviously green. (This is his first gig, right?) And he’s not good/clever enough to have this team steal games, so we get our high draft pick (or at least are more likely to get one).

Alright, game over. The Kings didn't show up for the first 40 minutes then they score 2 goals in the 3rd period after allowing 5 unanswered goals to the Leafs. But a late Toronto PP goal killed off any chance of a comeback for LA. Well, better late than never. On to Montreal they go now for tomorrow.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 2 PPG and/or 8 total goals in the game:

Both (2 points)
Cross Traffic
Rusty
notbob

2 PPG (1 point):
Kurisu
Chateau Bow Wow
JayWells24
beady eye
rinkrat
forum gold
KernCoKingFan
ICE24
randdog
ucsdguy1
Mlk999999
Drum4Pigs
VCRW
JETS GARAGE
DRice
Shackleford
Liz4LA
kingsmen93
Sevenhole

8 goals total (1 point)
VegasHockey
Byron
Dr. Tran
Clif

I still don't understand how Kopi had the most forward time in that game with Kempe and managed to be completely invisible. Burn that tape

Last edited:
Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 2 PPG and/or 8 total goals in the game:

Both (2 points)
Cross Traffic
Rusty
notbob

2 PPG (1 point):
Kurisu
Chateau Bow Wow
JayWells24
beady eye
rinkrat
forum gold
KernCoKingFan
ICE24
randdog
ucsdguy1
Mlk999999
Drum4Pigs
VCRW
JETS GARAGE
DRice
Shackleford
Liz4LA
kingsmen93
Sevenhole

8 goals total (1 point)
VegasHockey
Byron
Dr. Tran

I still don't understand how Kopi had the most forward time in that game with Kempe and managed to be completely invisible. Burn that tape
Hey Jammer - i had 8 goals - post 12. First point of the season. Yay…

Part 1: 3
Part 2: 7 or 8

Just caught the final score...
...very happy I missed this one....

... great party unfortunately no Kings screens...

... not sure anybody here caught this but Kiki Hernandez hit a big home run and this place freaking exploded like the 4th of July.

Blake Treinen just smoked the Mets in the 7th... two more innings to go!

So Rittich instead of Keumper and same result? that's not good.

Busy off-season... didn't follow the Kings other than the fact I knew they did not fire their management and traded PLD for Keumper and got Jeanotte and Fogley...

... but allowing 14 goals in two games is not a good sign for our future.

So Rittich instead of Keumper and same result? that's not good.

Busy off-season... didn't follow the Kings other than the fact I knew they did not fire their management and traded PLD for Keumper and got Jeanotte and Fogley...

... but allowing 14 goals in two games is not a good sign for our future.

Problem is Blake overpaid for a LHD that may have worked ok in the 1-3-1, but the Kings stopped playing the 1-3-1 and are trying to play aggressive, but with big slow LHD that cannot move the puck quickly. What the heck kind of plan was that Blake? Very frustrated with this front office over the last few years.

Last edited:
Back