Previous Meetings

01/07/23 - Kings 5, Golden Knights 1
12/27/22 - Golden Knights 2, Kings 4
10/11/22 - Golden Knights 4, Kings 3

**Game Time 7:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:***BSW***

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Sean Walker (video), Viktor Arvidsson, & Todd McLellan 4/4 Post Game Quotes

Watch Sean Walker’s Post Game Interview Here

Viktor Arvidsson on if he felt tonight’s game was similar to the one in Edmonton
I’m not sure, they had the puck a lot and I think we defended well, but it came down to a power-play goal, that’s what it came down to.
Arvidsson on if he feels there’s anything, offensively, that’s lacking as a group, minus the finishing
I think we should play a little bit more with the puck, but also we have to defend. We’ve had chances to score and we’ve got to bear down on them. It’s a little bit of both, I think.
Arvidsson on if he feels the Kings and Oilers are evenly matched teams
Yeah, I think so. I think we play a little bit differently, both teams, it’s always tight and low scoring. We’ve got to keep an eye on that and try to score more goals than them.

Todd McLellan on any frustration with playing well at 5-on-5 again, but coming up short
I think, one they’re really good hockey club, so we have to acknowledge that and they’ve made some changes that have improved their team. So, frustration is going to be part of the game and we have to channel it a little bit better. Our special teams have to be better against theirs. This game was very reminiscent to the one in Edmonton. We got more to the net in Edmonton and probably had more scoring chances in Edmonton, but the team that scores first has a huge advantage. [In] Edmonton, the first one was near the end of the period, we were actually checking well and then the shorthanded one really cost us, so we lost the special teams in that situation. Here, our penalty kill did a pretty good job, but both of their goals were on clearing attempts that we weren’t successful on. 32 or 35 percent power plays make you pay for that and they did tonight.
McLellan on if the power-play tonight was about a lack of execution or a lack of personnel
It’s not a lack of personnel, we just didn’t execute well.
McLellan on what he feels could be lacking offensively
You know, it’s funny because when teams check hard against us, that’s what it feels like when we’re doing it to the other team. It can be a taste of your own medicine and that’s how we’ve played these last five games, in my opinion, Calgary, Edmonton, Seattle, Vancouver, Edmonton. They’re all tight-checking, there’s not a lot of space and when we’ve been able to win the special teams battle and get that first goal, it makes a world of difference. The games we weren’t successful in, we didn’t do that, so there’s a bit of a recipe there. The frustration part is because guys want to want to win, they’re not just along for the ride. We can do a better job of channeling it and we will.
McLellan on Rasmus Kupari’s game tonight
I thought he had good legs and you need legs to fight through some of the checking. He was skating well, he’s a good skater, so we tried some different things, some different combinations. This was the seventh game in 11 nights for our team. I thought we we were working hard but the gas tanks weren’t quite where they need to be, so it’s something we also have to consider as we move forward, making sure we got the right rest.
McLellan on if these tight games, with guys out, give the team confidence heading into the playoffs
That could be the case. If we meet them in the playoffs, or whoever we play in the playoffs, we could be without those guys and three more, so it really doesn’t matter. It doesn’t. I know you guys want to ask me and I want to tell you, yeah it’d be great, but the lesson we learned last year is it doesn’t matter who’s out, it matters who’s in.
McLellan on the intangibles the group has going right now
I think all of those intangibles that you can’t open up the newspaper and read are at a fairly high point with our team right now. The focus is there, the attention to detail is there quite a bit, the drive to win, the game management, we’re in a good spot. We have to continue to build on that and make sure that we’re keeping our gas tanks full.

showimage.php

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

G78KF.png

G78KD.png

G73KG.png

Kings Injuries

Mikey Anderson
Alexander Edler
Kevin Fiala
Gabe Vilardi (D2D)

Golden Knights Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

G79VGKF.png

G79VGKD.png

G79VGKG.png

G79VGKI.png

Former Kings

Michael Amadio
8478020.jpg

Ben Hutton
8477018.jpg

Alec Martinez (IR)
8474166.jpg

Brayden McNabb
8475188.jpg

Jonathan Quick
8471734.jpg

GOALIE STATS

G79GSK.png

G79GSGK.png

PLAYER STATS

Click Here For More Stats & Rosters

2023-G79-Golden-Knights-Home-Player-Stats.png

WESTERN CONFERENCE STANDINGS

G79-WConf-Standings.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

Probably asked this same one before, but:
Part 1 - How many TOTAL POINTS will be scored by all FORMER KINGS now on the VGK in tonight's game?

One guess only for Part 1

Part 2 - How many SHOTS ON GOAL will the KINGS get in tonight's game?

One guess only
+/-2 = 1 point, +/- 1 = 2 points, dead-on = 3 points

Previous Game’s Winners

Congratulations to everyone (except me…again….) who correctly guessed the first goal by the Kings would be scored by Arvidsson in the 4/4 game:

LeftyKing, jammer06, DRGinLBC, Helvetica, Byron, Rusty, VegasHockey, JETS GARAGE, randdog, beedee, AngelEyes, DRice, hihocarp, John a90, srm1105, kingrussell, Kurisu, KHenry14, beady eye, kingsmen93, Joe Laviguer, sonnyboy11, pray4mojo, empire, dannybuoy1, Bill Hicks

3/30 Game Results:

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the Kings & Oilers would combine for 2 PPG over the two games. Nobody correctly guessed they would kill 25:09 of penalty time (or to within +/- 2:00 of that time):

SirJW
VegasHockey
DRGinLBC
Cross Traffic
notbob
pray4mojo
hornman
TooCool
Liz4LA
puckoff

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 61 points:

VegasHockey

59 Points

srm1105

56 Points

LeftyKing

54 Points

Kurisu

52 Points

Rusty

51 Points

DRice
hornman
sonnyboy11

50 Points

AngelEyes

49 Points

48 Points

Bill Hicks

47 Points

DRGinLBC
John a90
randdog

46 Points

pray4mojo

45 Points

Helvetica

44 Points

forum gold

43 Points

beady eye
Chateau Bow Wow
jammer 06
Liz4LA
TooCool

42 Points

SirJW

41 Points

CIrvine

40 Points

36 Points

Nyssa42

32 Points

dannybuoy1
hihocarp
notbob

31 Points

JETS GARAGE
Rogie-Vachon

30 Points

empire

29 Points

28 Points

27 Points

KHenry14
kingsmen93

26 Points

Clif

25 Points

JayWells24

24 Points

kingrussell

23 Points

Sevenhole
Shackleford

22 Points

Dr. Tran

21 Points

20 Points

waynet

19 Points

Byron

18 Points

Cross Traffic
RoS

17 Points

11 Points

Busted Chops

10 Points

beedee
kopinator

9 Points

Dirtweazle

8 Points

7 Points

6 Points

Joe Laviguer

5 Points

Dexter

4 Points

3 Points

HTK
puckoff
salami
STONE

2 Points

05/29/93
Ice24
jneol67
KingzLA
PuckMaster
SaltyPuck

1 Point

cokingsfan
HiFi
mugs
RagBone
Rinkrat
twistedwrister

***Bet your karma in geogirl's betting thread here***

Last edited:
Thank you Nyssa!

1 point for former kings
36 sog for kings

If we see Quick, i hope its because we chased Brossoit

Going to be real hard to win this one with all the injuries Kings have.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back