***LA Kings @ Winnipeg Jets GDT 10/17/23 5:00pm on BSW***

But the one who should’ve gotten 1st star was Moore. In fact he’s been the Kings best player so far this season. It’s not just the scoring. He’s so fast & relentless. He gets to the puck, he forces turnovers, & draws penalties. He didn’t have a great year last season because of injuries. But he looks healthy & better than he was even 2 seasons ago.
My next jersey might have a 12 on it. I haven't bought a jersey since Richards, but he's my emerging favorite player.

Carter Brooks

@CBrooksie84
·
7h

A fantastic gesture from #NHLJets head coach Rick Bowness, who has opted to put the trio of Gabe Vilardi, Rasmus Kupari and Alex Iafallo in the starting lineup against their former Los Angeles Kings teammates.
1697614835520.png
1697614835520.png

Probably the biggest takeaway from this victory was looking pretty dangerous without Arvy. Aside from that first sloppy ten minutes, these guys are going to be hard to defend line by line.

Based on that dominant performance by Talbot, I wonder who will be in net tomorrow.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the traded quartet would combine for 1 point:

SirJW
Dexter
pray4mojo
cokingsfan
beady eye
KernCoKingFan
JayWells24
Jerram
Dr. Tran
Madness20721
Nyssa42
Sevenhole
Bill Hicks
notbob

Guessing past the start of the game was VegasHockey up to Nyssa to have mercy on your soul

Night and day between the first and the second. Talbot had a huge game to keep them in that. Fiala has got to quit sniffing glue. Super glad to see Moore getting rewarded for his excellent play. Having Kaliyev get a chance to develop on that line might take some of the sting out of losing VA. Its now or never for that kid but he made a good board play to turn that puck down for Phil to find Moore on the first goal and he actually breaks that puck out on the one he scores and gets all the way down the ice to pick up the easy goal. I'm somewhat surprised they didn't add assists to Kaliyev and Q on that last goal since they all mucked up that middle for Phil to put it away.

All that said it's 2 points in the bank, hooray win but just like the first two they have to move on and keep working on the consistency to get into the groove of the season.

Really hope Gabe didn't end his season there, that poor guy is absolutely snakebit.

So sad for him. But alas...this was always on the line with his brittleness. Still, didn't think it would start so soon. ☹️ Hope it's not too bad....

Guess I missed it as I missed the first. Don't care to really go look those videos up. I thought it happened before the Kings game. Damn.

Based on that dominant performance by Talbot, I wonder who will be in net tomorrow.

That is an interesting one. I'm guessing Copley to keep the duo going, and even Copley looked a lot better as that particular travesty of a game went on, but I think it'd be too early to go based off one win at a time, though he did kind of say he'd do that. Play em til they lose would be interesting, though kind of early for that I think. I'd stick with the duo as long as both are keeping up.

That is an interesting one. I'm guessing Copley to keep the duo going, and even Copley looked a lot better as that particular travesty of a game went on, but I think it'd be too early to go based off one win at a time, though he did kind of say he'd do that. Play em til they lose would be interesting, though kind of early for that I think. I'd stick with the duo as long as both are keeping up.
Agreed, despite Talbot's strong play last game I hope the next game goes to Copley. Give each an equal chance to outshine the other and go from there.

I'm happy to hear that Vilardi only has a sprain. I saw the play and it looked REAL bad....reminded me of Charlie Simmer's injury. At least he skated off under his own power....lucky if you ask me.

jom

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom