Laferriere sent down

DarkLeftHand

Super Star
Laferriere was sent down today. Possibly just an accounting move, since the Kings don’t play until Thursday, but I’m of the opinion that line needs someone who is high energy. Maybe time for Turcotte to get a sniff playing wing with those guys? Fagemo scored a goal in his first game back with the Reign today, also..

Laferriere was sent down today. Possibly just an accounting move, since the Kings don’t play until Thursday, but I’m of the opinion that line needs someone who is high energy. Maybe time for Turcotte to get a sniff playing wing with those guys? Fagemo scored a goal in his first game back with the Reign today, also..
It would be nice to get a right shot somewhere in the lineup.

I wonder if the team still pays them an NHL salary for the few days they're sent down as a paper transaction. Or if they actually have to give them AHL money.. (because that would suck).

I wonder if the team still pays them an NHL salary for the few days they're sent down as a paper transaction. Or if they actually have to give them AHL money.. (because that would suck).
Its entirely the point. HRR doesn't give anyone a free pass unless you're the lightning and knights and its LTIR we're talking about

So who will come in to take Laferriere's spot in the Kings lineup for the next upcoming game in Thursday? Anderson-Dolan or some other winger in the Reign?

Both the AHL and NHL seasons this year are 191 days, making the calculations easy. Laf's NHL salary is $875,000 and his AHL salary is $80,000.

Daily pay at NHL $4581.15
Daily pay at AHL $418.85

The team saves and Laf loses $4162.30 per day x 4 days=$16,649.20

Both the AHL and NHL seasons this year are 191 days, making the calculations easy. Laf's NHL salary is $875,000 and his AHL salary is $80,000.

Daily pay at NHL $4581.15
Daily pay at AHL $418.85

The team saves and Laf loses $4162.30 per day x 4 days=$16,649.20

Seems sleazy, but it's still a healthy chunk o change.

Our own Karma Chameleon, he comes and goes. :D

boy george GIF

I wouldn't be surprised if he got sent down for real soon, his game has regressed since the season started

So it appears Laferriere was called back up, and it was merely an accounting exercise(bean counting to be more precise), but that got me thinking.. if the Kings are really just trying to squirrel away every little extra bit of cap space, why aren’t they sending all non-waiver eligible players down at every given opportunity? Well, a quick glance over at Capfriendly shows that they have been, actually. JAD has been bounced back and forth several times, and Spence was actually sent down the last couple days as well. I don’t think they would dare do this with guys like Byfield/Kaliyev for fear of insulting them come next contract time, but I suppose they technically -could- right? Unless there is a mandated minimum player count required to be on the NHL roster at all times, even when there is a span of several days downtime. Can anyone clarify on this?

I wouldn't be surprised if he got sent down for real soon, his game has regressed since the season started
I agree with this, and with Birdman’s call above for another right hand shot on the roster. I feel like Fagemo deserves a crack, as he’s a pretty good skater and has a pro level shot.

So it appears Laferriere was called back up, and it was merely an accounting exercise(bean counting to be more precise), but that got me thinking.. if the Kings are really just trying to squirrel away every little extra bit of cap space, why aren’t they sending all non-waiver eligible players down at every given opportunity? Well, a quick glance over at Capfriendly shows that they have been, actually. JAD has been bounced back and forth several times, and Spence was actually sent down the last couple days as well. I don’t think they would dare do this with guys like Byfield/Kaliyev for fear of insulting them come next contract time, but I suppose they technically -could- right? Unless there is a mandated minimum player count required to be on the NHL roster at all times, even when there is a span of several days downtime. Can anyone clarify on this?
It’s not about insulting a player; it’s about rewarding them. It’s generally understood that you do not play accounting games with guys who have fully graduated from the AHL (on multiple opening night rosters, plays a regular shift over multiple seasons) because you’re depriving them of the full nhl salary and service time (even if it’s a minimal amount of both).

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back