Last Movie Watched

Licerony said:
And for you guys, not that I need to tell you, but Scarlett Johansson is HOT.

It is entirely possible that she is hotter in that movie than in any other movie she's ever been in.

adgy said:
Oh man! You mean someone actually paid attention to my signiature?!?! SWEET!!!
I've seen two of your recommended Asian flicks.
Audition was good, but a tad out there (didn't like the ending).
Battle Royale (I think you suggested it) was awesome.

(by the way, I have no idea who Ziyi is, but from your avitar I think she's in my law school)

Since our friend was in Date Movie ( last scene ) was able to see it at home, was rolling on the floor laughing. I would never pay to see this movie but it spoofed almost every movie you could think of. The Milk shake song has a whole new meaning now.

Also saw Cake, which was a sappy romance flick that I hated seeing about weddings, Blah!

King Kong was the last new movie I've watched... not bad. VERY Peter Jackson in both style and length.

King of NY said:
I've seen two of your recommended Asian flicks.
Audition was good, but a tad out there (didn't like the ending).
Battle Royale (I think you suggested it) was awesome.

Well, thanks. Odd, though, as I was just today thinking about changing my sig, thinking no one was paying any attention to it. But since I see that is NOT the case, I added more to it just now. :)

King of NY said:
(by the way, I have no idea who Ziyi is, but from your avitar I think she's in my law school)

Don't know who she is!?!? She's in Memoirs Of A Geisha, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Hero, Rush Hour 2, etc. Ring a bell? :)

Is the girl you go to law school single? Give her my number.

King of NY said:

I think that's blasphemy in adgy's book. :)

The last three movies I watched...Madea's Family Reunion (because it was free at my company's screening room), Amistad (it was very good), and On the Edge (slow but interesting.)

Licerony said:
I think that's blasphemy in adgy's book. :)

Not quite blasphemy. That'd be more like "Ziyi sucks!" or something. In King Of NY's case... I feel the need to educate, rather than berate.

adgy said:
Don't know who she is!?!? She's in Memoirs Of A Geisha, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Hero, Rush Hour 2, etc. Ring a bell? :)
How was Memoirs of a Geisha? I saw a trailer and it caught my attention.

adgy said:
Is the girl you go to law school single? Give her my number.
She is single, but barely speaks English. She has major "Itis" issues (always wearing a sweater).

King of NY said:
How was Memoirs of a Geisha? I saw a trailer and it caught my attention.

It was good. Maybe not great, but I enjoyed it. Cast is freaking phenomenal.

King of NY said:
She is single, but barely speaks English. She has major "Itis" issues (always wearing a sweater).

I say again to you, sir. Give her my number. Or get hers for me. :)

adgy said:
I say again to you, sir. Give her my number. Or get hers for me. :)
I'll ask her if she's on the market and interested. For a small fee I can tell you what time her classes start;)

adgy said:
It was good. Maybe not great, but I enjoyed it. Cast is freaking phenomenal.

I concur with this. I found it to be a tad long at times but overall pretty good.

Also recently seen,

Rent. Also too long IMO. I have seen better musicals.

When a Stranger Calls. The original was better.

Crash. Excellent movie. Says alot about racial boundries.

Brokeback Mountain. I think my daughter and myself are the only ones who liked this film. I dunno.

Hustle & Flow. Hated it. I don't see what the hype was about.

Underworld: Evolution. Umm. Ok. I went along with what he wanted to see. The choices were limited and I was a good sport I think.

As far as movies at home, I can't recall half the things we see, I live with movie whores.:)

King of NY said:
I'll ask her if she's on the market and interested. For a small fee I can tell you what time her classes start;)

Ha! I'd rather you give me her number and let me find out when her classes are for myself. ;)

Last night I watched Midnight Cowboy and then Altered States. Both were great. Midnight Cowboy was a widespread film way ahead of its time in the late sixties and Altered States had some fantastic visual components to the movie (although the ending seemed kinda like a cop-out and out of character).

BDTR said:
Last night I watched Midnight Cowboy and then Altered States. Both were great. Midnight Cowboy was a widespread film way ahead of its time in the late sixties and Altered States had some fantastic visual components to the movie (although the ending seemed kinda like a cop-out and out of character).

Altered States should only be viewed after dropping a tab of acid...then the ending will make perfect sense.

I just saw Rent for the first time.

It was everything I thought it would be and more! The songs! The characters! The story!

Awesome.

It confirmed for me once again that I hate musicals (except for Grease, which I was practically raised on).

Blueline said:
Altered States should only be viewed after dropping a tab of acid...then the ending will make perfect sense.

****SPOILERS****

DONT LOOK IF YOU HAVEN"T SEEN IT...

I meant more like his sudden love for her after years of just her being more of an item of comfort, and his sudden love for her and then hugging/fade to black just seems like to easy of a way to end it. I get his whole reasoning for seeing the dark reality of truth-less, cold, cruel existence and not wanting to go down that path, but... I guess maybe I just don't like it when movies that throw an unneeded "I love you" at the end, lol. Leaves a funny taste in my mouth from an otherwise flawless meal.

Licerony said:
Match Point - I liked it. It was twisted and messed up, but it was enjoyable. It's probably the only Woody Allen movie that I've seen that didn't leave me going "huh?" at the end. And for you guys, not that I need to tell you, but Scarlett Johansson is HOT. Oh, the Elvis look-alike isn't so bad either. :)

I hated this movie. My wife told me it was a Woody Allen thriller. It wasn't even close to that. She kept hitting me any time I started laughing out loud at parts that were not intended to be funny. Scarlett is hot, but she has problems in movies with a lot of dialogue. We saw The Producers at a place that serves you dinner while you watch the movie. That's probably the best way to watch it. Lots of gayness but it was pretty good for the most part. We Netflixed The Constant Gardner and Red Eye the other day. CG was not what I expected and Red Eye was OK.

Good Night, And Good Luck.

Before that, Hoodwinked.

Before that, Up & Cummers 63 - Schoolgirl Extreme.

Good times... Good times.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom