S

SaltyPuck

Lurker
Did you guys catch this?

BREAKING: LA Kings Trade Offer for Pierre-Luc Dubois is Leaked​

Published June 19, 2023 at 5:44 PM
BY JULIEN TREKKER
Share on Facebook

Rumors surrounding Pierre-Luc Dubois' next destination have been circulating since he announced that he wasn't going to play for the Winnipeg Jets anymore.

Everything points to the Montreal Canadiens for his next team, but the Los Angeles Kings are reportedly also interested. Their offer has been leaked.

Kings Offer for Dubois Revealed​

Here's what LA offered to the Jets:

Byfield + Durzi for Dubois

or

Vilardi + Durzi for Dubois
They're offering two key players for the Quebecer.

We don't know yet where Dubois will sign, but as a UFA, trading him now without a deal on the table seems improbable.

Updates will follow.

As seen on Hans Fanatics - Major: The Kings' trade offer is revealed, and it changes everything for Kent Hughes and the Montreal Canadiens in the Dubois case

Visualize the largest salt lick you can imagine, and then digest that cr--, er, rumour.

Did you guys catch this?

BREAKING: LA Kings Trade Offer for Pierre-Luc Dubois is Leaked​

Published June 19, 2023 at 5:44 PM
BY JULIEN TREKKER
Share on Facebook

Rumors surrounding Pierre-Luc Dubois' next destination have been circulating since he announced that he wasn't going to play for the Winnipeg Jets anymore.

Everything points to the Montreal Canadiens for his next team, but the Los Angeles Kings are reportedly also interested. Their offer has been leaked.

Kings Offer for Dubois Revealed​

Here's what LA offered to the Jets:

Byfield + Durzi for Dubois

or

Vilardi + Durzi for Dubois
They're offering two key players for the Quebecer.

We don't know yet where Dubois will sign, but as a UFA, trading him now without a deal on the table seems improbable.

Updates will follow.

As seen on Hans Fanatics - Major: The Kings' trade offer is revealed, and it changes everything for Kent Hughes and the Montreal Canadiens in the Dubois case

I saw it on Twitter from some unnamed and don't know if it actually had a history of breaking news before.

My guess is it's someone not in the know but wants to get Eklund-like clout.

Neither deal would work cap-wise anyway.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to suggest those players for a DuBois trade and it takes zero insider knowledge to do so. I just don’t like it either way. Kings need another center for next year. Lizotte and Kupari is not going to do it. But the points given up from Vilardi and Durzi will be more than what DuBois scores.

Need a Bjugstad type on the third line. Still pissed Blake missed that one last deadline. 3rd rounder - give me a break.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to suggest those players for a DuBois trade and it takes zero insider knowledge to do so. I just don’t like it either way. Kings need another center for next year. Lizotte and Kupari is not going to do it. But the points given up from Vilardi and Durzi will be more than what DuBois scores.

Need a Bjugstad type on the third line. Still pissed Blake missed that one last deadline. 3rd rounder - give me a break.
Given we could utilize Byfield, Vilardi, JAD, Kupari or Lizotte to center the bottom two lines, center is really the least of our concerns right now. Goal tending would be #1, big bodied physical winger (who isn't afraid to drop the gloves) would be #2.

Bjugstad would be a great addition, though.

If you listen to a lot of the Winnepeg media and bloggers they all think they would get some combo of QB, GV, and Durzi. This is no leak, this is just someones delusional fantasy. The person who posted this probably does not know many other players on the Kings.

Not saying this will not, or could not happen. Just that smells of some serious Taco Bell BS!

Just some insight on the man Mr. PLD that I found online. You can start listening at 20:45 mark. The discussion is around whether or not PLD should be someone the Habs go after and why LA may want him.

Last edited:
Given we could utilize Byfield, Vilardi, JAD, Kupari or Lizotte to center the bottom two lines, center is really the least of our concerns right now. Goal tending would be #1, big bodied physical winger (who isn't afraid to drop the gloves) would be #2.

Bjugstad would be a great addition, though
It works to start the season, just likely not enough to win a round. Concerned about Vilardi going back to center after how good he became on wing. Great on the boards, productive, don’t want to budge on that. Byfield could hopefully grow into that role soon, but not sure he’s a competent third line center next season.

We saw what Vegas did this season without a true #1 goalie. The Kings need a lot more than a goalie. They need defensemen and forwards that can punish the opposing team and also can put in a few goals.

Concocted and leaked by WPG to get MTL to move the dial some more

It works to start the season, just likely not enough to win a round. Concerned about Vilardi going back to center after how good he became on wing. Great on the boards, productive, don’t want to budge on that. Byfield could hopefully grow into that role soon, but not sure he’s a competent third line center next season.

Yep I agree on both counts. Vilardi did look pretty good at center during the shifts we got at the position during the playoffs though so it may be an option. The thought with Byfield is that he grows into being a solid 3rd line center by the time in which the playoffs begin if he starts the season in the role.

I agree with you though that neither are necessary a home run at center currently.

It is inevitably that Kopitar will start to decline soon, no matter how much we wish he won’t. So an upgrade at the center position will be a priority pretty soon and it’s not very often a center like Dubois becomes available.

But then it’s of course the usual concern about if he’s the right fit, both when it comes to personality and salary demands! Regarding the first, maybe we shouldn’t trust everything we read and I’m sure Blake will do his homework if we’re really interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish it was Fiala (and his stupid penalties) in the mix... He's good for the 20-30 goals...but not the 40-50 unnecessary penalties that seem to snatch defeat from victory...

I wish it was Fiala (and his stupid penalties) in the mix... He's good for the 20-30 goals...but not the 40-50 unnecessary penalties that seem to snatch defeat from victory...
No way Fiala is in the mix. Yeah, his 52 PIM were often costly but he was an absolute spark plug finishing only 3 points behind Kopi despite playing 13 less games. He's one of the last guys I would ever put into the trade discussions.

Fiala was great until.. a few weeks before his injury. I saw him get hurt in a game those weeks before, I don't think it was noticed/talked about much. He was my favorite player early season and Kempe finished it out for me I think, besides Copley (been a goalie fan since Potvin/when I started watching). But Fiala is... something the Kings haven't had in a long time. Take the PIM - whatever - but stay healthy.

BTW - Kopi is a monster. 5 years at least left I think of him performing at this level.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back