LGK Random IMAGE/MEMES Thread 5

447898654_10161456333259679_3460197697442439160_n.jpg

My great grandfather's WWI picture.

GPff192WAAAARRj

;) :devilish:
Mine had an uncanny resemblance to Teddy Roosevelt...will send requests to my Iowa relations to see if they have any pics to share... I forgot if it was Grandpa McLane or Neu (later changed to New)... This branch is keeping the family tree going strong as well as the San Antonio crowd... I've been the youngest surviving first cousin since 1981...

Unfortunately I never served...but it wasn't without trying... It was the X-rays that exempted me from the knees down... The closest that I came to wearing a military uniform was in a play...and I was playing a cook (a comedy role - no matter entrance or exit...I was hitting someone in the face with the door)... On top of that...it was supposed to be a silent role...not with me in it... I improvised every line and other pieces I'm of dialog in the play to make it fill in the time it was short... I believe it was called "The Chocolate Arrow" or something of that nature... I want to know how a mess hall fight scene can last twenty minutes without me saying SOMETHING...

The reviews were great for me... "Court martial the cast...but save the cook (the only one in this play worth the price of admission alone)"...

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back