M. Andersons signed for next season

J

jgs

Lurker
Kings signed Mickey Anderson to one year contract for one miilion. I guess Blake is not sure if he will progress any further than his current form.

:panic:

At the end he is still RFA but with arbitration, if he got the 2x2 we where all expecting would he be UFA at end?

My guess (and hope) is that there is a handshake deal already discussed that will get him signed long term next year. And that’s why he signed such a team friendly deal now, he know he will get paid later.

My guess (and hope) is that there is a handshake deal already discussed that will get him signed long term next year. And that’s why he signed such a team friendly deal now, he know he will get paid later.

Exactly. Blake and Mikey are both to be commended for putting the team's future first. Well done on both sides.

I hope so, because he did play a big role in the Edmonton series and he played good throughout the year. But the Kings do have some good d-men that will be fighting for a starting spot with the Kings.

There definitely must be some sort of discussion that transpired about seasons beyond this next, for him to accept a one-year, $1 million deal. Call it a handshake deal or whatever, but really the kings were holding all of the cards. Anderson had no arbitration rights, so it was either take a one year prove it to me type deal and bet on himself, or sit out, not play, make no money this season, and then have no way to set himself up for future paydays. So I wouldn?t say a handshake deal per se, but the team being able to stick to his guns and dictate the terms, since Anderson had very little recourse otherwise.

If that?s the case, what remains to be seen as whether the kings exerting their position of power leaves a bad taste in the mouth of Anderson?s camp, and how that plays out should he and his agent have a greater hand to play in the future. Either way, he will still be an RFA at the end of this year, but he might be arbitration eligible after this newly signed contract expires at seasons end.

My guess (and hope) is that there is a handshake deal already discussed that will get him signed long term next year. And that?s why he signed such a team friendly deal now, he know he will get paid later.

[I want to believe, but...]

487be0d9-03fe-48e6-8dea-5f92c9bd2675_text.gif

There definitely must be some sort of discussion that transpired about seasons beyond this next, for him to accept a one-year, $1 million deal. Call it a handshake deal or whatever, but really the kings were holding all of the cards. Anderson had no arbitration rights, so it was either take a one year prove it to me type deal and bet on himself, or sit out, not play, make no money this season, and then have no way to set himself up for future paydays. So I wouldn’t say a handshake deal per se, but the team being able to stick to his guns and dictate the terms, since Anderson had very little recourse otherwise.

If that’s the case, what remains to be seen as whether the kings exerting their position of power leaves a bad taste in the mouth of Anderson’s camp, and how that plays out should he and his agent have a greater hand to play in the future. Either way, he will still be an RFA at the end of this year, but he might be arbitration eligible after this newly signed contract expires at seasons end.

Since he will be arbitration eligible, he doesn't have to rely solely on the Kings being reasonable with his next contract.

I don't think Durzi gets more than him, but with offense being valued so much, it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

And that’s why he signed such a team friendly deal now, he know he will get paid later.

He and Durzi have no leverage. They don't have arb rights and there's not even a semi-plausible threat that they can play in the KHL for a year. Both players will sign one year deals or extremely team-friendly mutli-year contracts. Any delay is posturing because there's only sign a one year deal or sit out and sign a one year deal next year.

He and Durzi have no leverage. They don't have arb rights and there's not even a semi-plausible threat that they can play in the KHL for a year. Both players will sign one year deals or extremely team-friendly mutli-year contracts. Any delay is posturing because there's only sign a one year deal or sit out and sign a one year deal next year.

I read your post and after swinging the hammer that hard; took a look at CapFriendly, there does not appear to be any wiggle room, regardless. Then made the connection of why the Kings were not mentioned in any of the crazy (read: sad) Subban rumors (always a bridesmaid). Which led me to the bottom of the page where I saw that we're still paying Dion, that's the hardest I've laughed all day.

Phaneuf_CP_Photo_Ryan_Remiorz_SN.jpg

[Sutter to Phaneuf: ]
zooey-deschanel-one-day-youll-be-cool.gif

Good comments from Mikey in this article by Eric Stephens

L.A. Kings’ Mikey Anderson on his development and why he inked a 1-year contract

My favorite question and answer were as follows:

You and Rob don’t already have a handshake deal worked out to announce after January 1, do you?

Oh, no. Not at all. Obviously, that’s part of the process with this deal. Trying to get another year and build off what I’ve done. We’ll hopefully be able to find something in the future after this deal that makes sense for us again. For the time being, this was the deal that made sense. Buys me a little more time to keep building up what I’ve already built up. Like I said, we’ll take another look at it again next year and see where things are at.

Most of the rest of the interview he positioned himself as a guy who's trying to get better and enjoyed being on the lake in Minnesota over the summer. If you want to get real paranoid he's hoping to go to the wild but I don't think so.

Good comments from Mikey in this article by Eric Stephens

L.A. Kings’ Mikey Anderson on his development and why he inked a 1-year contract

My favorite question and answer were as follows:

Most of the rest of the interview he positioned himself as a guy who's trying to get better and enjoyed being on the lake in Minnesota over the summer. If you want to get real paranoid he's hoping to go to the wild but I don't think so.

I would wager that the Kings offered him something like 3 years @ 2 mill a piece, or maybe even longer in attempt to buy cheaply into some of his UFA years. Rather than accept a little bump for the next few seasons, is banking that he will turn in a very solid performance this year, and cash in bigger for the remainder of his RFA years, perfectly setting himself up to also cash once he hits UFA.

I might be going out on a limb, however I believe we are less than a month away from the NHL hockey season.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back