***Nashville Predators vs. LA Kings GDT 1/18/24 7:00pm EARLY START on ESPN+ & Hulu***

Nyssa42

jammer's overlord
Staff member
TEAM LGK
LGKlogo2.png

Game Day Thread
Game #42/82
01/18/24

7:00pm Pacific on ESPN+ & Hulu

2024-G42-Preds-Logo.png
2024-G42-Kings-Logo.png

Los Angeles Kings
Crypto.com Arena | Los Angeles, CA

Tonight's Giveaway - Rally Towel
2024-G42-Giveaway.png

Last Season's Meetings

03/11/23 -- Predators 2, Kings 1 (SO)
01/21/23 -- Kings 3, Predators 5
10/18/22 -- Kings 4, Predators 3 (SO)

2024-G42-Team-Stats.png

**Game Time 7:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**ESPN+ & Hulu**
Radio:
LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here

Trevor Lewis & Todd McLellan 1/16/24 Post-Game Quotes:

Trevor Lewis
On his takeaways from tonight’s game

You know, I think our passing wasn’t very good tonight and they capitalized on a lot of those chances when we had the puck or they transitioned quicker than us and they capitalized on a few there early in the third.
On how much the Kings had in the gas tanks tonight in Dallas
I don’t think there’s any excuses, I mean we’ve all been around long enough to play these back-to-backs and it was a three o’clock game yesterday, so there was no excuse for that. I thought we were good in spurts but just not a full 60 tonight.
On the team’s play in the second period and what he liked about that stretch
Yeah, I think in the second we were good. We got back to our game and kind of kept it simple and got more pucks to their net. They don’t make it easy to get those chances at their net and in the second, we did a good job and we kind of got away from that in the third.
On if the Kings could have turned the game around by capitalizing on their chances in the second
Nothing’s going easy for us right now and we’re going to come out of it and then we’re going to be stronger for it. We’ve just got to keep fighting and keep working through.
On the message to the group right now, heading home off of this trip
I think when times get tough, that’s why you build that structure at the beginning of the year and you build your foundation, your identity. When times get tough, you have to fall back to those and just kind of keep it simple, play to your identity and work through it.

Todd McLellan
On his evaluation of tonight’s game

I’ll start at the beginning of the night, I thought it took us some time to find our legs and get going and we’re down 2-0 by the time that happened. I thought we had a tremendous second period, a character period. Going into the third, you had a feeling that we either needed the next or we were going to be in a little bit of trouble and obviously they got it about four or five minutes in. After that, we have to open it up. I didn’t think our passing and our execution again in the third period was anywhere near what it was in the second. 2-on-1’s, 3-on-2’s, we had a 4-on-2, we had a power-play entry, just the passing annihilated any opportunity that we had at offense. They, on the other hand, they came down and they scored on three entry goals and they made their plays, that’s the difference.
On the play in the second period and if the Kings lack of finish let them down in that period
We were a lot cleaner. Sometimes when you play back-to-back and you travel like we did, it does take a little bit to get your legs going, that’s understandable, but the passing – whether it was the quarterback or the receiver – in the first period wasn’t real good. Then, that began to dissipate, I thought, late in the first. In the second, we were well connected, we looked fast, we were on top of them, we created multiple scoring chances and didn’t finish. In the third, after they got that goal, I thought our execution was poor again. So, we’ll get home and get some rest and get ready to play on Thursday.
On if the lack of polish and finish in the second let the Kings down tonight
We had our share of opportunities. We had a shorthanded 2-on-1 and we never got a shot on goal, they scored on theirs. They had 3-on-2’s, as I said earlier, they executed on them. We had a 4-on-2 and didn’t even handle the puck and that’s concerning for me, because I think we have some really talented people right now that aren’t, you know, we stress checking and preventing, but we also have to score goals. When you don’t use the opportunities you have, the sixth game on a road trip, it’s going to be hard to win and we didn’t take advantage of them.
On the energy levels tonight after a game when the Kings exerted a lot emotionally and physically in Carolina
Back-to-back games are hard in the league, but everybody wants to play them. We can’t use that as an excuse. It’s been a long road trip, yeah, but it’s been an emotional roadtrip for a lot of people. We’re struggling right now to win games, a lot of them are close, I’d even consider this one close until the back end of it. But, it’s the NHL and every team goes through the travel rigors that we just went through and I don’t think anybody in our locker room, at least during the coaches room, was even considering throwing that out there as it’s okay we lost because we have to play back-to-back.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change
Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com

2024-G41-KF.png

2024-G40-KD.png

2024-G36-KGI.png

PREDATORS PROBABLE LINEUP

2024-G42-PF.png

2024-G42-PD.png

2024-G42-PGI.png

Former King

Luke Schenn
2024-G42-Schenn.png

___________________________________________________________________________________
2024-G42-Goalie-Comp.png

2024-G42-Players-To-Watch.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS
2024-G42-Standings.png

*VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

**Today’s Poll Question**

Part 1 - How many goals will be scored by BOTH TEAMS in the 2nd period of tonight's game?
Part 2 - How many goals will be scored by BOTH TEAMS in the 3rd period of tonight's game?
ONE GUESS PER PART

Take your best guesses in your post below
the only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed a two game total of 6 goals
and/or that all the D men would combine for 3 points in Dallas:

Both 6 goals and 3 combined (2 points):

hornman
AngelEyes
ICE24
mugs

6 goals (1 point):
randdog
DRGinLBC
notbob

3 combined (1 point):
SirJW
beady eye
VegasHockey
puckoff
Guinevere
jammer06
DRice
forum gold
VCRW
Cross Traffic
Rusty
empire
KernCoKingFan
Drum4Pigs
KHenry14
SaltyPuck
katydid213
Chateau Bow Wow
sonnyboy11
Jerram
Nyssa42
Shackleford
pray4mojo
JETS GARAGE
Dr. Tran
Liz4LA
Kurisu
TooCool
Symbology

Kings of the Mountain with 27 points - Angel Eyes & notbob

26 points = forum gold

25 points = Rusty

24 points = hornman, Jerram, Nyssa42, VegasHockey

23 points = mugs

22 points = beady eye, Cross Traffic, SirJW

21 points = Chateau Bow Wow

20 points = clif, Guinevere, katydid213, KernCoKingsFan, puckoff, Randdog, VCRW

19 points = Dr Tran, jammer06

18 points = empire, Kurisu, Shackleford

17 points = CIrvine, DRGinLBC, JayWells24

16 points = pray4mojo, Rogie-Vachon

15 points = dannybuoy1, DRice, KHenry14, Liz4LA, TooCool

14 points = Byron, hihocarp, Madness20721, Rinkrat, waynet

13 points =

12 points = Bill Hicks, Rog or Reg?

11 points = Madness20721, Salty Puck

10 points = Sevenhole

9 points = sonnyboy11

8 points = cokingsfan, Ice24, symbology

7 points = Drums4Pigs, rfischer

6 points = Busted Chops

5 points = JETS GARAGE

4 points = beedee, Dexter, fake_it_make_it

3 points =

2 points = Ragbone

1 point = JC6388LAKings, PuckMaster, STONE

2024-G42-Pic1.png

photos courtesy of LA Kings twitter

2nd : 2 goals
3rd : 3 goals

Will be in the Crypt tonight.
GoKingsGo!

Thanks Nyssa & Jammer.

Thanks Nyssa and Jammer!

2nd. 3 goals
3rd. 2 goals

C’mon Kings let’s start a winning streak at home! GO KINGS GO!

Thank you, Susan et al!

So... if things go according to the recent pattern, the Kings will score in the first period and then lose their lead in the second period, followed by briefly tying it up in the 3rd, and then losing in OT...

Part 1: 2 goals

Part 2: 2 goals

GKG!!!

Back
Top Bottom