New Bailey.. Thoughts?

Why fix it if it aint broke?

I think they originally changed his look because the old one was the butt grabber/sexual harasser right? Then the new one was just too ugly.. and so they went with this? Either way, he's not the ugliest mascot in the NHL, so there's that.

I always figured since the issue was the guy playing the character and not the character and they kept the character, they should've just kept the same costume.

But I do prefer this third one over the second one. Looks closer to the first one, but his eyes look Manga-ish, which is ok, but it'll take some time getting used to it. ;)

I literally couldn't tell you what was different. The plastic surgery bit was amusing, but I wouldn't have noticed the change without the hype.

... I don't remember what any of them looked like. Looks more creepy now? Am only going off memory of seeing it do weird things on a quad on ice.

Those Manga eyes are going to take some getting used to for sure, but they'll probably resonate with the kids. Personally I kinda liked the mummy face.

Isn't it just closer to the original? Taking away the mane on a lion made no sense. So this is an improvement.

Can't stand mascots in general. I don't like how Bailey interferes with the game-watch experience during game play, bangs the drum, stands up pounding the glass, etc.. That said, I like this costume much better than the last rendition.

P.S. My kids always like looking for him.

I always figured since the issue was the guy playing the character and not the character and they kept the character, they should've just kept the same costume.

But I do prefer this third one over the second one. Looks closer to the first one, but his eyes look Manga-ish, which is ok, but it'll take some time getting used to it. ;)

First thing my daughter said was why does he have "anime eyes" I want the old bailey back.

Why are we even talking about this, it’s a friking mascot. Open a kids thread haha. Somewhat concerned that my GDT friends have turned into costume designers outside of Halloween

Last edited:
Why are we even talking about this, it’s a friking mascot. Open a kids thread haha. Somewhat concerned that my GDT friends have turned into costume designers outside of Halloween

:agree:

Mascot, we talking about the mascot? We are sitting here talking the mascot. Not a game, not a game, not a game. We are talking about the mascot. Not a game, not the game the Kings go out and play every game like its their last. We're talking about the mascot. How silly is that?

I don't like how Bailey interferes with the game-watch experience during game play, bangs the drum, stands up pounding the glass, etc..

I thought the Kings constrained the latest iteration to his spot in the arena and maybe some concourse wandering. I think too many STH complained about him blocking our views during the last 5 minutes of the game or blowing out eardrums with his stupid drum. I had many better reasons for dropping season tickets but annoying Bailey helped make the decision easier.

I think he got hooked on the pain meds, or he found shrooms...

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back