NHL Prospects : Brandt Clarke - 22-23 Highlights

Anyone catch Jonathan Davis on Marek today? He was saying stuff I’ve never heard from anyone before about Brandt Clarke having off-ice concerns. He called it very “mysterious” he didn’t make the AUS trip and that it was Blake, not McClellan, who made that announcement. What? He was hurt - he didn’t even play the Kings first preseason non-AUS game against the Ducks.

Also Spence simply had the better camp. This guy is looney sometimes.

Anyone catch Jonathan Davis on Marek today? He was saying stuff I’ve never heard from anyone before about Brandt Clarke having off-ice concerns. He called it very “mysterious” he didn’t make the AUS trip and that it was Blake, not McClellan, who made that announcement. What? He was hurt - he didn’t even play the Kings first preseason non-AUS game against the Ducks.

I didn’t see this, but I always assume the Talking Heads for the NHL just make a lot of conjecture and speculative observations in regards to the pacific teams. They never seem to know anything about our actual players, who is doing what, or even how the overall arc or where the Kings are at. Guys like Dom L and his goofy algorithm on the athletic. Kings are ‘fake good’, yadda yadda. None of them stay up late enough to watch the majority of the pacific games, so I suspect they’re getting their intel from short highlight packages, and parroting something some other amateur NHL writer may have quipped

I didn’t see this, but I always assume the Talking Heads for the NHL just make a lot of conjecture and speculative observations in regards to the pacific teams. They never seem to know anything about our actual players, who is doing what, or even how the overall arc or where the Kings are at. Guys like Dom L and his goofy algorithm on the athletic. Kings are ‘fake good’, yadda yadda. None of them stay up late enough to watch the majority of the pacific games, so I suspect they’re getting their intel from short highlight packages, and parroting something some other amateur NHL writer may have quipped

Agreed, there is a lot of shoddy reporting and false conjecture out there especially when it comes to west coast teams (as you mentioned, due to the time difference).

If his off-ice concerns were due to injuries, then he was spot on haha. I agree with you, sounds like the guy is just trying to attract readers. Pretty sure Mayor has the most accurate information.

Totally - I notice that all time when a lot of these guys talk Kings, even with commentators I like.

Worst part about Davis is he’s a West Coaster and gets billed as one on Marek. But his Clarke bit is basically just conspiratorial. Like what, Blake grounded Clarke from AUS for attitude issues like he’s his dad? And then Clarke, a confident young player, went along with it and pretended to be hurt? Davis has his share of bad takes but this one takes the prize.

If his off-ice concerns were due to injuries, then he was spot on haha. I agree with you, sounds like the guy is just trying to attract readers.
Good call - sure he’s just taking his moments to build up attention for his show. Can’t blame him for that in spirit. But oof on this one.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back