***NOON-START GDT - LA Kings @ Carolina Hurricanes at NOON PACIFIC TIME 1/15/24 12:00 noon on BSW***

Nyssa42

jammer's overlord
Staff member
TEAM LGK
LGKlogo2.png

Game Day Thread
Game #40/82
01/15/24

12:00pm Pacific on BSW

2024-G40-Kings-Logo.png
2024-G40-Hurricanes-Logo.png

Los Angeles Kings @ Carolina Hurricanes
PNC Arena | Raleigh, NC

JUSTIN WILLIAMS HALL OF FAME GAME

The Carolina Hurricanes will induct Justin Williams into the team's Hall of Fame on Monday,
before they take on one of his former teams, the Los Angeles Kings.

Previous Meeting

10/14/23 -- Hurricanes 6, Kings 5 (SO)

2024-G40-Team-Stats.png

**Game Time 12:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW at NOON**
Radio:
LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here

Quinton Byfield (video), Anze Kopitar & Todd McLellan 1/13/24 Post-Game Quotes:

Anze Kopitar
On what went wrong for the Kings in the second period that opened up the deficit

I mean, we just didn’t stick to the plan and they’re a skiled, explosive team that can make you pay on that occasion. We got off page for a few and it cost us.
On frustration seaping into the team’s game in that stretch
Yeah, obviously everybody cares in here, so it’s hard to be in this situation, but then again, it’s going to be everybody that’s going to pull us out of the situation. We saw the third period as a good indicator of what we have to do, play as a team and how we have to play, with how high of a intensity. That’s the only way we’re going to get out of this.
On getting three power-play goals, including two from his unit
That’s one, probably the only positive tonight, getting power-play goals. The third period was pretty good and obviously we’ve got to do more of that throughout the 60-minute game.
On the message to the group from him and team leaders during this stretch of games
Stick to the plan and bring your intensity, bring your energy on Monday. We’ll obviously try and put a 60-minute effort and win a game.

Todd McLellan
On how he saw the game get away from the team during the second period

We’re in a 2-1 game, had a breakaway shorthanded, didn’t score and then after that, we made mistakes that we talked about before the game that were defendable, correctable. The third one, the outnumbered rush where we stepped in on a puck and they scored and then the fourth one I thought was an unlucky one. Royzie went to chip the puck and he chipped it right into Patrick Kane for a breakaway. Then the real disappointing one is right at the end of the period, where we have an opportunity to gain a line and we don’t, so that’s what happened in a three-minute span. You throw a bad goal into the mix and an unlucky 5-on-3 and all of a sudden, you’ve given up five goals and we’re not scoring five. So, it’s pretty simple. The tenacity, I thought woe is us was our theme song after the second, but the tenacity in the third showed up and that was a positive sign, if we’re going to take anything out of it.
On if he saw frustration seep into the team’s game for the first time during that stretch
Of course, but the frustration part of it shouldn’t affect the outcome of the game. We’re allowed to be frustrated, it’s a tough battle, it’s hard. The other team gets in the way sometimes and you’re going to be frustrated. It’s not always going to be your way, but to make some of the mistakes were making, I don’t know if that’s frustration or just plain old not very sharp. It’s affecting us and then it affects everybody else in the group. So, still stuff to clean up.
On what was learned of the group in the third period, with the score 5-1
I didn’t learn anything, quite frankly, because I knew that’s in us. I don’t think we have a rollover factor one bit, so I can’t stand here and tell you I learned something. Had we done the other thing, and not competed and not played hard, then I would have learned something, so that’s a pretty simple answer.
On getting three power-play goals tonight
I thought our special teams were good. Yeah, we gave up a goal, 5-on-3, tough one, but I thought our special teams were good. 5-on-5 offense went away a little bit in the second period, but I thought we had our share of chances. It’s still the defending part, which should be our bread and butter, got away on us.
On the message to the group coming out of this game
We can’t make crap up, we’ve got to tell them where we are and we have to be honest with them. We’ve tried to accentuate a lot of the positives, because there are a fair number in the game, but when it’s all said and done, I think that each individual has to do some inventory-checking and making sure they’re bringing what they can. Not to do everything for the team, but just to clean their own game up a little bit and that’s what will get us out of it.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change
Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com

2024-G37-KF.png

2024-G40-KD.png

2024-G36-KGI.png

HURRICANES PROBABLE LINEUP

2024-G40-HF.png

2024-G40-HD.png

2024-G40-HGI.png

Former King

Brendan Lemieux
2024-G40-Lemieux.png

Special Advisor to the General Manager, Justin Williams
2024-G40-Williams.png

___________________________________________________________________________________
2024-G40-Goalie-Comp.png

2024-G40-Players-To-Watch.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS
2024-G40-Standings.png

*VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

**Today’s Poll Question**

TODAY'S GAME STARTS AT NOON Pacific Time
Part 1 - The Hurricanes have the lowest Hits/60 total in the league at 12.74. The Kings are 21st at 16.84. How many TOTAL HITS will there be in this game by BOTH TEAMS COMBINED?
You can take 2 guesses for Part 1
+/- 1 = 1 point, dead on = 2 points

Part 2 Bonus Question - TWO-GAME QUESTION - How many TOTAL GOALS will the Kings score in both today and tomorrow's games combined?
ONE GUESS ONLY for part 2

Take your best guesses in your post below
the only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the GWG would be scored in the 2nd period:

AngelEyes
Dr. Tran
jammer06
Chateau Bow Wow
Byron
Jerram
DRGinLBC
ICE24
empire
dannybuoy1
mugs
Rog or Reg?

King of the Mountain with 26 points - notbob

25 points = Angel Eyes, forum gold

24 points = Rusty

23 points = Nyssa42, Jerram, VegasHockey

22 points = hornman

21 points = beady eye, Cross Traffic, mugs, SirJW

20 points = Chateau Bow Wow, clif

19 points = Guinevere, katydid213, KernCoKingsFan, puckoff, Randdog, VCRW

18 points = Dr Tran

17 points = CIrvine, empire, JayWells24, Kurisu, Shackleford

16 points = DRGinLBC, jammer06, Rogie-Vachon

15 points = dannybuoy1, pray4mojo

14 points = Byron, DRice, hihocarp, KHenry14, Liz4LA, Madness20721, Rinkrat, TooCool, waynet

13 points =

12 points = Bill Hicks, Rog or Reg?

11 points = Madness20721

10 points = Salty Puck, Sevenhole

9 points =

8 points = cokingsfan, sonnyboy11

7 points = rfischer, symbology

6 points = Busted Chops, Drums4Pigs, Ice24

5 points =

4 points = beedee, Dexter, fake_it_make_it, JETS GARAGE

3 points =

2 points = Ragbone

1 point = JC6388LAKings, PuckMaster, STONE

2024-G40-Pic1.png

photos courtesy of LA Kings twitter

DID I MENTION TODAY'S GAME STARTS AT NOON?

Last edited:
Thanks Not Melf for the GDT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 hits, 14 hits, 11 hits, Not Melf

5 goals total, Not Melf!

:melfgod:

Noon start? The Kings don't start until the game is over. :mhihi: :cheers

Thank you Nyssa!

18, 22 hits

5 goals combined

Surprised you didn't go with this clip for Williams

Screenshot_20240115-082442.png

This is my all time favorite image for JW (or BBW) that I have
1000016904.jpg
saved from LGK over the years. I hope I don't get in trouble with the mods for this one.

Back
Top Bottom