Nurse to have hearing today with DOPS for head butt on Danault

I want a new WTS thread for just this hearing. The bitching Oilers fans will go mental over this?k-crying:

I did not even know this happened until this morning. I was more upset about the Durzi cheapshot crosscheck.

In the Kings-Oilers 1991 series (won by the Oilers in six bitter games, with 4 of them going to OT), Craig Muni injured two Kings players (Bob Kudelski and Tomas Sandstrom) in the SAME game (game 2, a 4-3 Oiler victory in 2OT at the Forum). This prompted Mike Downey, then a columnist for the LA Times, to label the Oilers a few days later as "the dirtiest Oilers since the Exxon Valdez", a reference to the Valdez oil spill in Alaska in 1989 (a catastrophic disaster, by the way). I don't know if these Oilers are at that point yet, but they're heading in that direction!

In the Kings-Oilers 1991 series (won by the Oilers in six bitter games, with 4 of them going to OT), Craig Muni injured two Kings players (Bob Kudelski and Tomas Sandstrom) in the SAME game (game 2, a 4-3 Oiler victory in 2OT at the Forum). This prompted Mike Downey, then a columnist for the LA Times, to label the Oilers a few days later as "the dirtiest Oilers since the Exxon Valdez", a reference to the Valdez oil spill in Alaska in 1989 (a catastrophic disaster, by the way). I don't know if these Oilers are at that point yet, but they're heading in that direction!

But if you touch them Oiler fans go crazy if the refs don't call a penalty.

GM Vachon had a LOT to say about that. Some of the comments from other players were also typical of the times. Saying basically (about Muni): "That's just the way he plays". LOL He wouldn't last 30 seconds in a game today before heading to NY for a hearing. Muni later would take the knee out from Donald Audette (sp?) when DA was in Buffalo.

jom

I'm honestly proud that our team doesn't have douchetards that would intentionally try to injure someone for no reason. It's one thing to bring the intensity because it's playoff hockey, but it's another thing to well, be like Nurse and Kassian.

I'm impressed by DOPS. A suspension in an elimination game shows guts. Not Lizotte level of brass balls but still impressive.
I bet the Edmonton boards are melting down.

It must be summer because I've only got a reggae song as a response:

Night nurse
Only you alone can quench this here thirst
My night nurse (oh, gosh)
Oh, the pain is getting worse

I'm honestly proud that our team doesn't have douchetards that would intentionally try to injure someone for no reason. It's one thing to bring the intensity because it's playoff hockey, but it's another thing to well, be like Nurse and Kassian.

Is Brown already retired?

Is Brown already retired?

giphy.gif

"Danault should have been called for getting his head in the way of Nurse."

- Any Oiler fan

Lemeuix bit a guy's hand... All you can do is hope your guys learn and better themselves.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back