Official LA Kings Off-Season

These truly are the dog days of summer. We are around 1.5 months away from camp and a little over two months for the regular season. I do love summer and when football starts it does make time go faster, which might not be a good thing for you older fellas. Damn, I 'm one of them, however I didn't used to be. What I am trying to say is, that it's August and I've got nothing.

These truly are the dog days of summer. We are around 1.5 months away from camp and a little over two months for the regular season. I do love summer and when football starts it does make time go faster, which might not be a good thing for you older fellas. Damn, I 'm one of them, however I didn't used to be. What I am trying to say is, that it's August and I've got nothing.
August is the worst month of the year. There is no hockey news and the good hockey podcasts are on break. F1 takes the whole month off basically. It’s long past ski season. Can be too hot even to climb in the mountains. Good news is that August eventually ends and soon after I can hang on every word uttered by 19 year-olds at rookie camp as I work through my sports withdrawals.

that stung a little
Haha well I was over-generalizing a bit TOO much! I actually listen to every ATKM and totally appreciate that you keep it going. What I meant to say, poorly, was that the league-wide hockey podcasts in Jeff Marek, 32 Thoughts, and Steve Dangle are all on summer break. Those are all good shows.

Not going to touch on plenty of pods that I can’t stomach. Thanks for all you do throughout the season and especially now. Even if you are wrong about abolishing the draft.

Last edited:
Lol you must have forgotten the Great Defense in front of Quick!! Love the guy he was a beast but that was no average defense in front of him…
Yes Kings had a balanced team but at the end of the day you have to have a goaltender that makes the saves because a great defense cannot save a goaltender that cannot make the saves.

I believe Kaliyev has already peaked. I was hoping he would have been traded by now. Kings have Fagemo, Chromiak and Laferriere pushing for the RW slots, each of whom brings a more complete game than Artie. And each is a right shot player.
I think you are right. Last year he scored most of his points by Dec 1st. He had a great offensive start. From 12/1 to the end of the season he did not bring a whole lot to the table. If he does not show improvement in camp, I can see one of the other young guys get his spot

Last edited:
August is the worst month of the year. There is no hockey news and the good hockey podcasts are on break. F1 takes the whole month off basically. It’s long past ski season. Can be too hot even to climb in the mountains. Good news is that August eventually ends and soon after I can hang on every word uttered by 19 year-olds at rookie camp as I work through my sports withdrawals.
Hmmm.. Kings themed distractions for a bored fan. You could start a petition, movement, event, online presence, suicide mission to rehang the Taylor Swift banner at the Ponzi scheme arena during Kings games?

From what I understand her fans are...engaging?

Hmmm.. Kings themed distractions for a bored fan. You could start a petition, movement, event, online presence, suicide mission to rehang the Taylor Swift banner at the Ponzi scheme arena during Kings games?

Why would you want to bring back that curse?

Are you Steve Bartman?

Why would you want to bring back that curse?

Are you Steve Bartman?
taylor-swift-i-knew-you-were-trouble.gif

John I'm more of an "Eve Bartman" but perhaps? Remind me of the banner significance? Is it about the Kings' playoff stats? If so...has it really resolved?

While we're getting nuts, I like that you can bake (signature) & you look super proud/happy. Noice. And, the great british bake off seriously makes me feel super calm; so I kind of get it(?).

This is a very thoughtful reply. T Swift is not my cup of tea, even though the talent is undeniable. I will say after the success of the Eras tour I think putting the banner up again would have a real “look who came crawling back” vibe.

201B5C86-5B37-45F4-91E6-984216C8C5E9.gif

taylor-swift-i-knew-you-were-trouble.gif

John I'm more of an "Eve Bartman" but perhaps? Remind me of the banner significance? Is it about the Kings' playoff stats? If so...has it really resolved?

While we're getting nuts, I like that you can bake (signature) & you look super proud/happy. Noice. And, the great british bake off seriously makes me feel super calm; so I kind of get it(?).
that's not me in my signature. It's another LGKer

Regarding the curse

This is a very thoughtful reply. T Swift is not my cup of tea, even though the talent is undeniable. I will say after the success of the Eras tour I think putting the banner up again would have a real “look who came crawling back” vibe.

View attachment 5814
Ha, fair enough Cliff. For the record, Taylor is not in my wheelhouse either but as you said, you have to respect the talent. The banner suggestion was time consuming, ridiculous and hockey adjacent. Thoughtful? More of a cheap laugh(((I have a very particular set of skills)))) ; read: the sloth crawling out of the water gif equivalent of a board poster.

Although, much like the Kings' front office I thought PLD would have garnered more...traction/interest/board fodder. As superficial as this sounds, I'm kind of excited about his je ne sais quoi.

hqdefault.jpg

that's not me in my signature. It's another LGKer

Regarding the curse

AdventurousBonyCollie-size_restricted.gif

Back