Manor Ontario Reign Lineup vs. Bakersfield Condors; Big Prospect Returns + Fagemo News

LGKbot

They see me rollin'. They hatin'.
Staff member
Road-2023-24-1.jpg

If it’s simulated post-season drama that Reign coach Marco Sturm is looking for, Saturday night should whet his appetite. The Bakersfield Condors are in town for the final regular season meeting between the two clubs at Toyota Arena this season. Not so fast, though, as this could also serve as a possible playoff preview.

In six games thus far, things have been pretty evenly split. They traded wins over the first four games played and have also split the two most recent games this month, including Ontario claiming a 4-2 victory on home ice just last Sunday. Akil Thomas had a pair of goals in that contest — just one day before being named AHL Player of the Week.

The 24-year-old Kings prospect hasn’t slowed down since. He scored again on Wednesday, giving him five goals in his past four games.

Of course, the biggest question coming into tonight surrounds the health of Sammy Fagemo. He hasn’t played in over a week. However, he has resumed skating. Fagemo participated in practice yesterday and was on the ice again this morning. From what we’re hearing, he is not expected to be ready for tonight, though. We’re told he’s ‘getting close,’ so perhaps Fagemo draws in for Wednesday’s road game in Henderson. The Reign are likely to have defenseman Jacob Moverare back for that game, as well (details here).

As for tonight, the Reign will take on a Condors team that Strum recently referred to as one of the top two teams in the Pacific Division, saying — “On paper, for me, Coachella and Bakersfield are the two best teams … That’s a team I think will finish very strong and they have really good goaltending. So, it’s going to be a challenge. I’m not going to say we can’t beat him, but it will be a tough test, for sure.”

And in some news that will be music to Sturm’s ears, Andre Lee is expected back tonight. Ironically, his last game was Jan. 21 in a game against the Condors. Standing 6-foot-5, the 2019 Kings draft pick was really starting to find his groove this season. He even saw extended play in an elevated role, moving up the lineup from his usual spot on the fourth line. Lee had a penchant for scoring big goals in big moments — something that could certainly benefit the Reign come playoff time. With tonight being his first game back in over two months, we’ll keep an eye on how long it takes the big man to ramp back up.

REIGN PROJECTED LINEUP vs. CONDORS

Chromiak – Tynan – Ward
Hudon – Thomas – Madden
Pavlychev – Helenius – Doty
Lee – Pinelli – Hodgson

Hicketts – Clarke
Connauton – Santini
Krygier – Wylie

Portillo (starter)
Dell

Other roster options include: (F) Young and (D) Inamoto, Nousiainen

Injured: Fagemo, Rowe (lower hody)

Puck drop is scheduled for 6pm Pacific Time and the game can be viewed on AHL TV.

RELATED CONTENT:

Follow @mayorNHL

Comments

Continue reading...

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back