Ontario Reign on KCAL Channel 9 Right Now (Sunday at 3 p.m.)

Reign win 4-0. Other goals by Andre Lee and Tyler Madden. Fagemo also got robbed after a beautiful feed from Turcotte in the first.

Turcotte, Clarke and Thomas are too good for the AHL. I liked Andre Lee’s game. Moves pretty well for a big fella. Portillo has great presence for a 1st year pro. Reign look like they’re ready for a long playoff run.

Reactions: jom
Portillo looking decent at worst. Reign showed more fight in the final three minutes than the Kings might have in the whole series. We need some of these guys to get a shot. Can’t be much worse than losing in the first round of the playoffs since missing the playoffs is the only next step.

I also liked the way Helenius was not backing down from the opponents after whistles and during scrums. In fact, he appeared to be using his size to proactively intimidate after the whistles, which is something sorely needed by the Kings.

Pavlychev was also throwing the body and using his size to punish in the corners on a couple occasions in the last half of the game. Dude is huge.

Turcotte, Clarke and Thomas are too good for the AHL. I liked Andre Lee’s game. Moves pretty well for a big fella. Portillo has great presence for a 1st year pro. Reign look like they’re ready for a long playoff run.
I think that given the Kings playoff failure, and the Reigns playoff success thus far, it seems even more imperative that a lot of these AHL guys get a shot with the big club next year. The question is, how to do so without exposing tons of them to waivers. I think Turcotte, Thomas, and Fagemo all require waivers next season regardless, so there is almost no chance any of those three make it through if sent down. Clarke will replace Roy(I guess?). But it would be nice to see Lee and Helenius also get a crack, just like King and Nolan did way back in the Cup days.

Was at the game today, great one by the Reign. They were hitting everyone in sight, made me wonder how come the Kings didn't do thus in their playoff 1st round.

I think that given the Kings playoff failure, and the Reigns playoff success thus far, it seems even more imperative that a lot of these AHL guys get a shot with the big club next year. The question is, how to do so without exposing tons of them to waivers. I think Turcotte, Thomas, and Fagemo all require waivers next season regardless, so there is almost no chance any of those three make it through if sent down. Clarke will replace Roy(I guess?). But it would be nice to see Lee and Helenius also get a crack, just like King and Nolan did way back in the Cup days.

How to do so? Arvidsson and Lewis are most likely gone, possibly at least two of Kaliyev, Grundstrom and Lizotte, too. That's 4-5 forward roster spots for those three and possibly Lee.

To me, Clarke didn't seem ready on the defensive side of the ice during his short stint. I think he is benefiting from the experience in Ontario. Turcotte and Thomas have been held back my injuries more than anything.

They'll all be on the big club next season.

Was very impressed with yesterday's game, much improved from the last game televised locally. It is apparent that it is time for some of these guys to be a permanent part of the big club. Clarke, Turcotte, Fagamo and Thomas need to move up and be regulars. Helenius is close and could take the enforcer role from Englund, as a wing. It's time to move on from Lewis, Gundstrom, Lisotte and I dont think we bring Arvidsson back, he is a small forward that has far too many injuries and was extremely overpaid. It's time to turn Clarke loose. I think Kaliyev needs some time on the top 6, to see if he is part of this team or needs to be moved.

The more and more I dig into improving this team, I keep coming back to Blake and Luc's role in all of this and it sure is looking to me as they may be the biggest problem. Lack of franchise direction is apparent.

This team is pretty darn good. I've been to a handful of games including one game each playoff round. Will be back to see them when they get to round 3, hope more Kings fans will make the trek out to support the boys.

Just saw Akil’s IG story - he’s riding his bike along the beach. I thought oh cool, he’s putting in extra time here during the summer.

Then it dawned on me he’s still playing because they’re not lame like the Kings. Can’t wait to see him, Turcotte and Clarke next year. All gamers. And the only reason I’m not totally pessimistic about next year.

Just saw Akil’s IG story - he’s riding his bike along the beach. I thought oh cool, he’s putting in extra time here during the summer.

Then it dawned on me he’s still playing because they’re not lame like the Kings. Can’t wait to see him, Turcotte and Clarke next year. All gamers. And the only reason I’m not totally pessimistic about next year.
They have to be willing to finally part ways with Grundstrom, Lizotte and Kaliyev one way or another. The 3 guys currently playing postseason hockey that you mentioned plus another forward like Lee will be most welcome changes.

They have to be willing to finally part ways with Grundstrom, Lizotte and Kaliyev one way or another. The 3 guys currently playing postseason hockey that you mentioned plus another forward like Lee will be most welcome changes.
Lee is my 4th line sleeper going into 2024-25. I bet he makes the team out of camp.

Back
Top Bottom