***Ottawa Senators vs. LA Kings GDT 3/7/24 7:30pm on BSW***

Kings sleepwalk for 40 minutes and still get the 2 points. let’s hope they don’t make a habit of that.
Lots of mental gaffes, disconnected passes for sure… but sleepwalking is definitely not what I was seeing. The physicality in this game was playoff intensity level, in my opinion. Lots of players hitting the ice baths after the game tonight, I think.

Lots of mental gaffes, disconnected passes for sure… but sleepwalking is definitely not what I was seeing. The physicality in this game was playoff intensity level, in my opinion. Lots of players hitting the ice baths after the game tonight, I think.
The hitting was a very good sign. They knew their regular game wasn’t working tonight so they started throwing around the body until they found their game in the 3rd. You can definitely tell they’re ramping up for the playoffs.

Not the best game but a great win. I don't think they were horrible. They just couldn't get going until the 3rd. But they ground out a win. I thought Talbot should've gotten 1 of the game's stars. He kept them in the game. And that game winner by Fiala was 100% effort. Also a great game by Lizotte. Also ha ha to Stutzle, who tipped the Moverare goal & who got beat by Fiala on the game winner.

At the game it looked like they were frustrated at the officiating. Every time they started to gel some weird or borderline call went against them and it wasn't being reciprocated. That gets old and it seemed to show in their play. They looked back at the refs often like "really???" That makes it tough to get a feel for the game.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 3 points for the class of 2020 and/or were within +/-2 mins of 6:27 of PK time in the game:

3 for 2020 (1 point):
AngelEyes
puckoff
jammer06
SirJW
KernCoKingFan
mugs
dannnybuoy1
Rusty
katydid213
Cross Traffic
notbob
JETS GARAGE
sonnyboy11
VCRW
forum gold
Bill Hicks
Jerram
Shackleford
Guinevere

5:57-6:57 (3 Points):
JETS GARAGE

5:27-7:27 (2 Points):
DRGinLBC

4:27 - 8:27 (1 point):
Byron
Jerram
Shackleford

Congratulations to @JETS GARAGE for being the only poster to max all 4 points. That was absolutely a sloppy game and while very early the Kings were playing their own game it quickly devolved to the game the Sens wanted to play. Talbots huge saves kept them in it. I still have a hard time with what was being let go and what wasn't. As some posters noted the check to the head against Englund turning into a 4 on 4 is not a good look for the NHL. There was no immediate arm up on that at all and without the linesmen I'm not sure any ref is making a call on that. A hit that for years they've been explicitly trying to get out of the game. Fiala's efforts in OT were wonderful as a moment in time, but they should have put this game away and got Moverare his first GWG to boot with breaking through on the goal scoring sheet.

Last edited:
With the win the Kings move within 3 points of Edmonton and 2 points ahead of Vegas. Vegas falls to 8th in the West. 6 points ahead of Calgary, Seattle and St. Louis.

At the game it looked like they were frustrated at the officiating. Every time they started to gel some weird or borderline call went against them and it wasn't being reciprocated. That gets old and it seemed to show in their play. They looked back at the refs often like "really???" That makes it tough to get a feel for the game.
I hope Blake has a call into the league office to discuss the officiating in the last 3 games. Atrocious is too nice a word…

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 3 points for the class of 2020 and/or were within +/-2 mins of 6:27 of PK time in the game:

3 for 2020 (1 point):
AngelEyes
puckoff
jammer06
SirJW
KernCoKingFan
mugs
dannnybuoy1
Rusty
katydid213
Cross Traffic
notbob
JETS GARAGE
sonnyboy11
VCRW
forum gold
Bill Hicks
Jerram
Shackleford

5:57-6:57 (3 Points):
JETS GARAGE

5:27-7:27 (2 Points):
DRGinLBC

4:27 - 8:27 (1 point):
Byron
Jerram
Shackleford

Congratulations to @JETS GARAGE for being the only poster to max all 4 points. That was absolutely a sloppy game and while very early the Kings were playing their own game it quickly devolved to the game the Sens wanted to play. Talbots huge saves kept them in it. I still have a hard time with what was being let go and what wasn't. As some posters noted the check to the head against Englund turning into a 4 on 4 is not a good look for the NHL. There was no immediate arm up on that at all and without the linesmen I'm not sure any ref is making a call on that. A hit that for years they've been explicitly trying to get out of the game. Fiala's efforts in OT were wonderful as a moment in time, but they should have put this game away and got Moverare his first GWG to boot with breaking through on the goal scoring sheet.
I guessed 3 🤷‍♀️

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom