Pheonix Copley out for the remainder of the season with torn ACL

BDCAA5AA-D385-4391-B133-63160E2CA75F.jpeg
95F75EBA-8903-46D7-B110-349055D18E9E.jpeg

Bad break for a nice fellow. Given the premium on knee flex and movement, wonder how many NHL goaltenders fully recover from this injury. A recent one I'm aware of is Chris Driedger (Kraken) who was hurt in May22 and played his first NHL game since the injury last week.

I like Copley a lot and hope his NHL stint isn't over after a pretty remarkable comeback story last year. Sucks this happened during practice especially.
Easy guy to root for. Great story coming back to the NHL last season and seems like a good human being. Hope he comes back next year better than ever.

As someone who has had the surgery and rehab it's a BRUTAL recovery and funny enough the toughest part isn't the physical but the mental part of anytime you have to straighten you knee out there is a worry about f***ing it up again.

As someone who has had the surgery and rehab it's a BRUTAL recovery and funny enough the toughest part isn't the physical but the mental part of anytime you have to straighten you knee out there is a worry about f***ing it up again.
My fiance just had her ACL surgery end of December. Stupid skiing accident at Mammoth in July. Summer snow aint all it’s cracked up to be.

Apparently it’s a 9 month go. She’s in good shape though and feeling good all things considered. I take it the mental side of it eases with time?

My fiance just had her ACL surgery end of December. Stupid skiing accident at Mammoth in July. Summer snow aint all it’s cracked up to be.

Apparently it’s a 9 month go. She’s in good shape though and feeling good all things considered. I take it the mental side of it eases with time?
I mean for me it's still with me and I can imagine it will be with Copley say the first time he has to stretch the knee out to make a save. Depends also on what they used to replace it as in my case I have a deceased person's ACL and they just graphed it in there. The most important thing to do and I probably overdid it was doing the rehab as my buddy got the surgery and kind of half assed the rehab and essentially has a permanent limp.

Good luck to you and her.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back