05/04/22 - Kings 0, Oilers 6
05/02/22 - Kings 4, Oilers 3

Playoff Series Stats

2022-PO-Game-6-Oilers-Home-Stats.jpg

**Game Time 7:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW & TBS**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Adrian Kempe (video), Phillip Danault & Todd MacLellan 5/10 Post Game Quotes

Link to Adrian Kempe Post-Game Video

https://twitter.com/i/status/1524263030766424064

Phillip Danault
On the resiliency shown by the group in coming back

Character. We’ve been through a lot this year, we’ve learned a lot, we’re still learning and to come back like that against a big offensive team is huge. Obviously a big win on the road.
On how the Kings were able to reset after the third and come out strong in overtime
Yeah, I think at the beginning of the series, if somebody said you could take 2-2 in the series and overtime in Game 5, we’d have taken it for sure. That’s what we said and kept those positive vibes. We had a good first shift and the second shift followed right away and Juice capitalized. It was a great mentality we have and we wanted to steal that big game here.
On what’s improved and been better over the last two games
We’re playing better, obviously. Game 1, we played to our game, but then we sat back, started watching and after that we started playing our game. When we play our game, that’s when we’re at our best, we had it these last two games and we won. That’s a big character win. We were working hard, we were smart, we made plays and went over details. That was the difference.
On not being content just reaching the playoffs
That’s never enough. It’s never going to be enough. We don’t want to be that team that just goes to the playoffs, loses in four and goes on vacation, we want to achieve some stuff, do some good things, be proud of ourselves. We believe in ourselves and that we can do some damage. It was good the last two games and we want to be even better next game.
On handling momentum swings throughout the game
Even at the end there, we were up by two and found a way. They’re a really good team, they have a really good power play and they capitalized on every chance they had. We have to be careful there, but we came back, we stuck with our systems, and believed in ourselves. Here we are, 3-2.

Todd McLellan
On the group fighting back before overtime and playing so strongly to open the extra session

I was asked a lot of questions the other day about momentum and it can swing within the games and obviously it did in the third. They had a real good period, we were on our heels a little bit, we played hard enough and well enough just to get it to overtime and that was really important for our team. Again, the older leadership in the locker room was calm, we talked about a few things and we’ve had good starts. We’ve had good starts to periods, had good starts to games and it was like we were starting a new game. The score was tied, we went out and had a real good shift and we’re going to hand off a good shift to the next line and we did that. Good for us, but we’re going to have to be better, much better.
On Adrian Kempe’s game and the overtime winner
Adrian was one of our better forwards. He’s become a big-time player for us. He led us in goals this season, he’s got really good legs and he’s got a physical element to his game. If there’s a player I can pick, coming down the wing with any kind of speed, taking it to the net, especially with a team that was tired when they couldn’t get guys off the ice, it would be Adrian.
On his thoughts on the team’s game heading into the final seven minutes of regulation
I liked our game, but part of the game is power play and penalty kill. Those two areas obviously hurt us. I don’t if there’s much we could have done on Connor’s first goal, it was a scramble, world-class player makes a world-class move, but the next two, the shorthanded and the final power play are preventable in my mind. I think I’ve already used the term we’re going to need to be better, and those are the areas we’re going to have to be better in.
On Athanasiou producing tonight, off of a night when Grundstrom and Stecher produced
Yeah, we’ve been getting some of that. Troy coming in, scoring a couple of goals, and Athanasiou coming in tonight and producing, it’s the one thing that he has, is just that poise, that skill to hold on just long enough to wait for Smitty to go down and the puck to go up. He gave us what we needed tonight and we need more of that from him consistently.
On if the Kings need to keep doing what they’re doing in Game 6
No, we need to get better. Not keep doing what we’re doing, it’s got to go up in some areas. We have to clean some things up. These last two games that we’ve played won’t be good enough in Game 6, so we’ll have to find a way to be better.

POG6P4.png

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
POG6KF.png

POG6KD.png

G80KG.png

Kings Injuries

Viktor Arvidsson
Drew Doughty (IR)
Sean Walker (LTIR)

Oilers Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
POG6OF2.png

POG6OD2.png

G73OG.png

POG5OI2.png

NO Former Kings

GOALIE STATS

POG6GSK.png

POG6GSO.png

POG6P3.png

PLAYER STATS

POG6PSK.png
POG6PSO.png

***Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

There are also betting threads for all the other series in Home Ice

POG6-P2-Kempe-winner.png

Last edited:
Thanks Nyssa!

Wish I could make the game...maybe next round...but I have Grandpa duties. And I'm happy to have them. And how strange that I would not have Grandpa duties if I hadn't created an Instagram page so I could post Polaroids of Tim Leiweke's office when I worked for the Kings (LA Arena Co.) here on LGK.

I wanted to share those pics of his office, along with photos of my sister with Wayne Gretzky, Brett Hull and Jaromir Jagr in her office at Upper Deck.

I don't have much of a social media presence, but shortly after I created that account, my long-lost daughter Googled my name and that Instagram page and those photos came up. She subsequently sent me a message, the first time I had heard from her in 20 years:

"Hi Dad, it's Monique. How are you?"

And I became an instant Grandpa.

So my Grandpa duites are more than welcome. And I have a brand new Grandbaby, Kiara.

I still hope to make it to a 2nd Round game* if we get past the Oilers. But to everyone that goes, please try to be as loud as I'd be if I were there (good luck with that)

*this is not a jinx!

https://www.instagram.com/rich.vince11/

Darnell Nurse is suspended, so the defensive pairings will change.

Thank you Nyssa!

No games or distractions tonight for me (yet), will be locked in for this one.

Thank you, Susan et al!

We have a show tonight in Vancouver. So… I am trusting all of you to root the Kings on to victory.

GKG!!!

No matter what happens, this team has exceeded all my expectations for the year. I did not anticipate them making the playoffs and thought we'd be a bottom 5 team in the league for the year, with next year being our first "forward step" ... so way ahead of schedule as far what I thought (not that my thoughts matter much). I think the playoff experience has been outstanding for our younger players, though I do wish Vilardi would get another shot. Byfield not so much, I wish he was with the Reign right now.

When we get to the 2nd round, it will truly be amazing.

GKG!!!

The Kings have got to keep at least one skater duct-taped to McDavid every time he's on the ice. Contain him and the Kings win Game 6.

Thanks, Nyssa!

We CAN win this one! I am pumped!!

So they are pairing Leon and McD... We have the last change, pressure from the drop and we got this! This will allow us to expose their other 3 lines, and lack of TEAM D, off of the rush.

GO KINGS GO!!!!

Keep McDavid from picking up the puck in his own zone and gathering speed up the ice. It puts everyone on their heels and often results in turmoil.

WOW, King's:nhl_check:brown::hockey2::nhl_check:brown::hockey2::hockey2::hockey2::hockey2: heaven, this is like the best dream ever.

GO KINGS

hockey2:hockey2:hockey2:hockey2:hockey2:hockey2:hockey2:hockey2:

The Kings have been an excellent road team all year long and I wasn?t worried at all about being the 3 seed in division.

Having said that, winning 3 in Edmonton is an extremely tough task. So basically, Kings must win on home ice tonight.

The Kings have got to keep at least one skater duct-taped to McDavid every time he's on the ice. Contain him and the Kings win Game 6.

They need to deploy the Red Wings school of puck support.

The wings used to frustrate the crap out of elite star centers or wings by having the defensemen in the way and any move was met by tight back checking by Zetterberg, Datsyuk or a winger like Helm.

Anytime McDavid has done damage this series is when he?s allowed to wind up and gain speed or is given too much ice.

If AA cuts off the ice red wings structure style, nothing happens with that shorty in game 5 and Kings finish them off in regulation.

Luckily, we recovered early in OT and took advantage of an oilers team that will give up a ton of chances.

Forgot to mention, Todd would know a thing or two about this strategy as he came from the Red Wings school of hockey.

The Kings have been an excellent road team all year long and I wasn’t worried at all about being the 3 seed in division.

Having said that, winning 3 in Edmonton is an extremely tough task. So basically, Kings must win on home ice tonight.

It has been a while, but Kings have proven in the past we are capable of winning a game 7 in the opposing team's barn. I think if the Kings can put up 3-4 goals in one of the next two, Quick will be up to the task to get them a win. At the very least we've already shown we can rebound from a loss/rout, regardless of where the next game is being played.

Lineups updated. Should be correct according to twitter reports. From pics I've seen on the interwebs, it looks like tonight's rally towels feature Dustin Brown. I'll be keeping that one for sure.

The only other "clinching scenario" playoff game I've ever attended was the one where we got swept by the VGK, so I'm pretty excited for tonight!!

GO KINGS GO!!!!

They need to deploy the Red Wings school of puck support.

The wings used to frustrate the crap out of elite star centers or wings by having the defensemen in the way and any move was met by tight back checking by Zetterberg, Datsyuk or a winger like Helm.

Anytime McDavid has done damage this series is when he’s allowed to wind up and gain speed or is given too much ice.

If AA cuts off the ice red wings structure style, nothing happens with that shorty in game 5 and Kings finish them off in regulation.

Luckily, we recovered early in OT and took advantage of an oilers team that will give up a ton of chances.

All good points, but I would add that McDavid has been more dangerous in non 5 v 5 (i.e. PP / PK) situations, outside of his game 1 end-to-end goal.

OK, I bit the bullet and bought a ticket. I'll be a nervous wreck but Kings will close it out TODAY!!!!

GKG!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back