***Playoffs Rd 1, GM 5 GDT - Kings @ Oilers 4/25/23 >6:30pm< on KCOP Ch 13 & ESPN***

orpheus

The Dolphin Cares!
A Kings playoff game on KCOP13?

Watch with CMore!

FId08yWVUAAXiiB

Thank you Nyssa!

Will be really curious to see how the minutes play out in this one, best of three but with a 4 day break? How many minutes will everyone play? If it gets to OT who will lengthen the bench first?

Which jersey to wear? Games 1-2 I went with Kopi White, Games 3-4 I went Dougthy White, I think Game 5 is going to be Frolov white(purple) over Retro blank.

Ok, guys and gals, please help me understand something... Why is Elder in the lineup? That third D pairing needs improvement... I don't understand why we haven't thrown Spence into the mix!

Ok, guys and gals, please help me understand something... Why is Elder in the lineup? That third D pairing needs improvement... I don't understand why we haven't thrown Spence into the mix!

"Veteran leadership" is my guess.

I'm still upset and annoyed the Kings choked a 3-0 lead. You can't give wins away... especially not in the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong but I sense a blowout win for the Oilers tonight. Plus it always feels like the very rare chance we get a game on KCOP, we don't win those. That's because I finally get to watch it on TV.

I know people are saying we got Fiala and Vilardi back but the fact is that we HAD them and we still lost. Having Fiala back was supposed to make the Oilers think.. "****!! We're ****ed!" Especially when we went up 3-0 early. But the fact that they showed they can come back and dominate.. yeah, you can see why I don't have my hopes up.

Prove me wrong Kings! I dare you!

Thank you Nyssa!

Will be really curious to see how the minutes play out in this one, best of three but with a 4 day break? How many minutes will everyone play? If it gets to OT who will lengthen the bench first?

Which jersey to wear? Games 1-2 I went with Kopi White, Games 3-4 I went Dougthy White, I think Game 5 is going to be Frolov white(purple) over Retro blank.

I'd go with your Fukufuji.

And, thanks Nys!!!

I'm still upset and annoyed the Kings choked a 3-0 lead. You can't give wins away... especially not in the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong but I sense a blowout win for the Oilers tonight. Plus it always feels like the very rare chance we get a game on KCOP, we don't win those. That's because I finally get to watch it on TV.

I know people are saying we got Fiala and Vilardi back but the fact is that we HAD them and we still lost. Having Fiala back was supposed to make the Oilers think.. "****!! We're ****ed!" Especially when we went up 3-0 early. But the fact that they showed they can come back and dominate.. yeah, you can see why I don't have my hopes up.

That was Fiala's first game back, Skinner is shook and Campbell will get rattled. kings win this game and end it in LA in 6

I CANT

I can.

Thank you Nyssa!

First game I wore the purple Quicky from 2012, I took it off for the 3rd because I felt it was cursed, then we won, so I was confused, so I wore my black team signed 2007 ultra elite year of LA Kings hockey practice jersey for game 2, which we lost, then I realized Quicky weren't cursed, so I wore that for game 3 and we won, then game 4 obviously it is cursed because I wore it so now I'm just gonna blend all my jerseys together in a blender and drink the sludge as the game goes on for game 5 as it seems the only logical answer to a question nobody's asked. I figured it out. east coast bias and lack of sleep is real over here. Comeback game from Korpi, Kempe, and angry smiling Fiala incoming.

4 day break is stoopid.

Last edited:

Honestly I'm a bit surprised. We've been choking 3-0 and 5-0 leads all year. I know we all got excited after the 1st. That was our downfall as fans. It's this team's weird identity this year. We've been a comeback 2nd period dragging thru OT team all year. When we get the lead fast we're totally f-d.

One of the amazing things about the Oilers and their fans is the overconfidence before they've accomplished anything. We will always beat them in game one because they always come into the playoffs assuming they will win. Once they lose, they play well. Now they've won the last game and they think once again that NOW they are going to roll over the Kings. BEcause of this, with a strong effort they can be beaten tonight and then it's going to take a much more focused game six than last year to finish them.

Going with teal undies today. Neither the gold or purple were helpful in any way. And....yeah...I think the purple really have to go in the trash - they don't even qualify as "underwear shaped" any more, lol. (reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom used my dad's old tighty-whities as rags and it was like...wait, these used to be underwear??)

Anyway....no Lizotte at morning skate. Hopefully the Top 9 got good rest yesterday.

Much appreciation to the optimists. Your positivity makes me want to believe.

Feeling pretty relaxed going into tonight. Was mega stressed Sunday from the drop of the puck. Wanted that win so bad. Something about being gutted after that loss takes the edge off tonight.

Thank you, Susan et al!

Don't take penalties! Play smart and stay out of the box!!! 44.5% PK is frikkin' pathetic.

GKG!!!

Thanks Not Melf for the GDT!!!!

I have extreme dislike for Dry Ice Saddle.

Per Hoven, Kaliyev did not make the trip due to illness and per McLellan, Lizotte is out.

Skinner starting for the Oilers.

Thank you, Susan et al!

Don't take penalties! Play smart and stay out of the box!!! 44.5% PK is frikkin' pathetic.

GKG!!!

Power Play Goals by Game:
Game 1: Kings 2 Oilers 1 Kings went 2-6, Oilers 1-3
Game 2: Kings 0 Oilers 1 Kings went 0-4, Oilers 1-1
Game 3: Kings 2 Oilers 2 Kings went 2-5, Oilers 2-4
Game 4: Kings 1 Oilers 2 Kings went 1-2, Oilers 2-3

Kings: 5/17
Oilers: 6/11

Would not be surprised to see a similarly officiated game tonight. Have to keep it low and Kings have to score on theirs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back