GDT ***Playoffs Rd1 GAME 5 GDT LA Kings @ Edmonton Oilers 5/1/24 7:00pm on BSW & ESPN***

Nyssa42

jammer's overlord
Staff member
TEAM LGK
LGKlogo2.png

PLAYOFFS Game Day Thread
Round 1, Game 5 -- 5/1/24
7:00pm on BSW &
2024-R1-G5-TV-logo.png

2024-R1-G4-Playoffs-Logo.png

2024-R1-G5-Kings-Logo.png

2024-R1-G5-Oil-Logo.png

Los Angeles Kings @ Edmonton Oilers
Rogers Place | Edmonton, AB

2024-R1-G5-Scores2.png

2024-R1-G5-Stats.png

MEDIA.jpg

**Game Time 7:00PM**

TV: BSW &
2024-R1-G5-TV-logo.png

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio
Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

2024-R1-G5-Pic1.png

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here
Phillip Danault (video), Trevor Moore, & Jim Hiller 4/28 Post-Game Quotes:

Trevor Moore
On his takeaways from tonight’s result and performance

Yeah, I mean we didn’t get the win, that’s obviously frustrating. We’re frustrated with the result not with the effort, but at this time of the year, I guess that doesn’t mean too much.
On if executing as intended, but still coming up short, makes a night like this more frustrating
Yeah, I guess they’re going to make adjustments and we played a good game. We obviously wanted that one, but what are you going to do, we’ll look at it tomorrow and we’ll get back to work and we need a better effort next game.
On if executing as intended, but still coming up short, makes a night like this more frustrating
We put everything we had into that game, but you know, that’s the playoffs. It is what it is, it’s just about how you can rebound and how you can replicate it. We feel good about that effort and we just have to keep pushing.
On playing “playoff style” hockey and if that was the message coming in
I think that’s been the message for a while, but tonight we were able to play as five. D had good gaps and we were tracking well, we were on the forecheck, so that was playoff-style hockey. It also helps when you don’t have a bunch of penalties and stuff like that. One side is good hockey and we did that for most of the game.
On scoring just one goal from Games 3 and 4 on home ice
I think last game, we weren’t getting it to the net, we weren’t doing all those things, tonight I thought we did. I don’t want to say the puck just didn’t go in but that’s what it felt like. We’ll watch the video, we’ll look at it, but we’ve got to execute.

Jim Hiller
On playing the game he wanted to see, but still coming up empty

We played a good game, there’s no question, it’s frustrating, it’s probably disappointing is a really good word. Guys played hard, we haven’t played this kind of game and this is the kind of game we’ve got to take with us to Edmonton now. Disappointed we’re not 2-2, but we’ve got to go play this game in the next game. That’s the only choice we have. We didn’t get it done, even though we gave it a pretty good crack at getting it done.
On the game he saw throughout the lineup tonight
I don’t think we had a guy tonight that didn’t play well. We didn’t score and we’ll talk about it, they scored one on their power play and we lost the special teams battle. We talked about it this morning, we have to win the special teams battle, whatever that looked like and we didn’t win the special teams battle and we didn’t get the win.
On how the team needs to summon tonight’s game in Edmonton on Wednesday
We’ll take a rest tomorrow and we’ll get back at it. It’s not long until we have to play again and you know the feeling, as a player, the team in the room, the preparation, the effort, it’s right there. To summon that back up again, it’s not like we have to find it, it’s right there, we did it, so it should not be that difficult.
On his assessment of David Rittich’s game tonight
I thought he played well. The disappointing thing for him is no goalie is going to win when we can’t score for him. So, he did his job, there’s no question and we just have to score. We’re not questioning him at all, he did what he had to do.
On the team’s one power play tonight and what was lacking in that sequence
I’d have to get a better look at tonight’s power play, it was just one, so it happens pretty quickly. They’re doing a good job. What happens to a player, what happens to a power play when you’re just not feeling it, when it’s not going your way, you’re probably pressing a little bit and not as relaxed and just letting plays happen. When you do that, you want to simplify it, but again, we’ll take a look at it. Those are good players, players that have produced on the power play, we’re not going to beat it up too much.

2024-R1-G5-Pic3.png

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change
Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com

2024-R1-G5-KF.png

2024-R1-G1-KD2.png

2024-R1-G5-KG.png

======================================================

OILERS PROBABLE LINEUP

2024-R1-G5-OF.png

2024-R1-G2-OD.png

2024-R1-G2-OG.png

Former King
Troy Stecher
2024-R1-G1-Stecher.png

============================================

Goalie Comparison
2024-R1-G5-Oil-Goalie.png

2024-R1-G5-Kings-Goalie.png

=====================================================

Players to Watch

2024-R1-G5-PTW.png

**Click Here to Play the VBookie BETTING THREAD**

FINAL POLL GAME WIN TOTALS (top 10 only)

King of the Mountain with 75 points - Rusty

68 pts = hornman

64 pts = beady eye

63 pts = Angel Eyes

62 pts = forum gold

60 pts = VegasHockey

59 pts = SirJW

58 pts = mugs, notbob

57 pts = jammer06, puckoff

56 pts = Liz4LA, pray4mojo

2024-R1-G5-Pic2.png

photos courtesy of LA Kings on X

Last edited:
“Once we won that first game in the [sharks, boo] series, we kind of had a feeling we were going to come back and win that series, and you could see it in their eyes and their team and their captains and leaders that they were worried about us coming back, so we don’t want to give these guys any life,” he said.

- Doughty 2014

Hey we still have that guy!

Let's try that!

Besides all the doom and gloom here I fully expect the Kings to win the next 2 games so we can lose in 7 and truly break our hearts.

“Once we won that first game in the [sharks, boo] series, we kind of had a feeling we were going to come back and win that series, and you could see it in their eyes and their team and their captains and leaders that they were worried about us coming back, so we don’t want to give these guys any life,” he said.

- Doughty 2014

Hey we still have that guy!

Let's try that!
This Kings team is not that Kings team that played the Guppies, also the Oilers are not the Guppies.

That being said, it’s not over until they win 4. C’mon Kings! Show up and freaking score more than the Oilers.

Will be in Ontario rooting on the Reign tonight. Don't have a great feeling about the Kings keeping the series alive but that's why they play the games. Go Kings Go!

Would be nice to see the October Kings play a game, but something tells me that team won’t be back.

Sad it could be over tonight (let's hope not) after starting the season 16-4-4 and 11-0 on the road.

Kings have won 4 playoff games up in Edmonton the past three seasons (while losing 5). A win tonight is certainly possible. IN fact, the Kings have played better up there than in LA. So, there's a chance this does not end tonight.

Hopefully, the Kings will prove me DEAD wrong but (to repeat something I said a few weeks ago) I have not seen anything from this team since January (or earlier) that tells me they can win a playoff series. Too inconsistent. I think they'll play a good game tonight, go into OT and EDM will win it there....since they haven't been able to do that against the Kings. That's my "feeling" so we'll see.

jom

Lineups updated. Why is everyone's avatar gigantic, LOL?

Not feeling too hopeful about this game, but our boys have surprised us before. Maybe I'll get one more overpriced pretzel on Friday??

GO KINGS GO!!!

Hopefully, the Kings will prove me DEAD wrong but (to repeat something I said a few weeks ago) I have not seen anything from this team since January (or earlier) that tells me they can win a playoff series. Too inconsistent. I think they'll play a good game tonight, go into OT and EDM will win it there....since they haven't been able to do that against the Kings. That's my "feeling" so we'll see.

jom
I hope it goes into OT. From the Kings 3rd win in 2022, both wins in 2023 and the win in 2024 - they've all been in OT. Just the first two wins in 2022 were in regulation. Go Kings! Force Overtime!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom