***PLAYOFFS!! Round 1, Game 1 GDT LA Kings @ Edmonton Oilers 7:00pm on BSW & ESPN***

Nyssa42

jammer's overlord
Staff member
TEAM LGK
***PLAYOFFS!! Round 1, Game 1 GDT LA Kings @ Edmonton Oilers 7:00pm on BSW & ESPN***

LGKCrown2.png

Playoffs-Logo-Kings-unedited.jpg

PLAYOFFS Game Day Thread
Round 1, Game 1
4/17/23

TONIGHT’S GAME IS ON BALLY SPORTS WEST & ESPN

2023-Playoffs-Rd1-Oilers-Away-Logos.png

Los Angeles Kings @ Edmonton Oilers

Rogers Place | Edmonton, AB

SERIES TIED 0-0

Regular Season Meetings

04/04/23 — Oilers 3, Kings 1
03/30/23 — Kings 0, Oilers 2
01/09/23 — Oilers 3, Kings 6
11/16/22 — Kings 3, Oilers 1

**Game Time 7:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW & ESPN**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Round-1-Schedule.png

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Adrian Kempe (video), Mikey Anderson & Todd MacLellan 4/13 Post Game Quotes

Watch Adrian Kempe’s Post Hat Trick Interview Here

Mikey Anderson on finishing the season with two wins, coming off the stretch of games that preceeded
Yeah, it’s super important and it’s nice to have the feeling of positive morale, positive momentum, finding ways to win games, scoring some goals, obviously that’s a big part of winning games. More importantly, how we’ve played defensively the last couple of games, it’s nice to take into the playoffs now. We had a couple of physical games too, which is nice and that’s going to ramp up as well. Super nice to win a few and have some some intense games to finish.
Anderson on attempting to replicate playoff intensity in these final games
I think you try and bring it every night, but obviously once you get out there for Game 1 it’s going to ramp up. Both teams are going to feel it, I think it’s a little bit of a feeling out right away but everyone’s going to try and push to have some energy off to start. So, no matter what happens, I feel like it’s going to be a fast start and feel like it’s kind of game one of the regular season, when you come in from summer, everything happens pretty fast.
Anderson on Anze Kopitar’s continued high level of excellent play
I mean, we’re probably biased here, but I think he’s one of the most underrated if not the most underrated guy, especially defensively. He’s so smart. I was talking the other day about even him, just being in certain spots, you can give him a puck just to relieve a little pressure and he gets it right back. He’s got such a good stick, he handles pucks better than anyone I’ve seen, but just overal, his mindset every day, he helps us when things aren’t really easy.

Todd McLellan on what he took away from tonight’s game
The game’s over, the year is done, it’s time to move on. I thought tonight’s game started a little bit empty, not really knowing how it was going to go or what we were going to do with the 60 minutes but as the game wore on, it became competitive. I thought it was good for us, again, to play in that environment rather than the alternative. It’s behind us now and time to move on.
McLellan on tonight’s performance from Danault’s line
I thought they looked as good as they’ve looked in a long time. They had some pace to their game, their tenacity of pursuit was at an elite level and they were responsible defensively. A lot of really good signs for the three of them.
McLellan on Adrian Kempe reaching the 40-goal mark on the season
I’m really proud of him, I’m happy for him, the team’s happy for him, it’s a good rallying point. The fact that he’s been able to elevate his play, almost on a weekly basis, he just keeps getting better, is a real good sign for him as an individual and us as an organization for a long time. He’s less streaky than he was in the past, scores big goals and scores them from all over the place and while he’s doing that, he’s physical and defending well. A hell of a year and a hell of a player.
McLellan on Kopitar’s continued excellence and taking it for granted at times
Yeah, I think fans, media, sometimes coaches and teammates take him for granted and it’s the wrong thing to do, because he does so many things for the group as a whole. We see him do the things on the ice, it’s off the ice as well, the leadership skills that he provides for not only the young players, but the veteran players. Between him and Drew we’re fortunate to have both of them and that that level of experience.
McLellan on the relief of getting through tonight’s game unscathed
The relief comes in the fact that we’re as healthy as we were coming into the game. I’d be lying if I said we weren’t concerned about that. A game that really doesn’t mean anything to either the two teams playing. You hate to see somebody block a shot and go down or take a hit, but that’s where the relief comes from. I don’t think we can take a deep breath and relax, that would be a mistake for our group. We don’t have enough time to do that anyhow, so just continue on.

POG7-P3-Kopi.png

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
R1G1KF.png

R1G1KD.png

R1G1KG2.png

R1G1KI3.png

Oilers Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
R1G1OF.png

R1G1OD.png

R1G1OG.png

R1G1OI.png

Former King

Jack Campbell
8475789.jpg

GOALIE STATS

R1G1GSK.png

R1G1GSO.png

PLAYER STATS

Click Here For More Stats & Rosters

2023-R1-G1-Oilers-Away-Player-Stats.png

Team-Pic-Edited.png

FINAL Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 70 points:

VegasHockey

65 Points

srm1105

59 Points

LeftyKing

57 Points

Rusty

55 Points

AngelEyes
DRice
Kurisu
sonnyboy11

53 Points

randdog

52 Points

DRGinLBC
hornman

51 Points

pray4mojo

49 Points

John a90
Liz4LA

48 Points

Bill Hicks

46 Points

Chateau Bow Wow
Helvetica

45 Points

forum gold
jammer 06

44 Points

CIrvine
SirJW

43 Points

beady eye
dannybuoy1
TooCool

38 Points

Nyssa42
Rogie-Vachon

36 Points

empire
JETS GARAGE
notbob

33 Points

hihocarp

29 Points

JayWells24

28 Points

KHenry14
kingsmen93

26 Points

Clif
Cross Traffic
Shackleford

25 Points

kingrussell

23 Points

Dr. Tran
Sevenhole
waynet

22 Points

Byron

18 Points

RoS

11 Points

beedee
Busted Chops

10 Points

kopinator

9 Points

Dirtweazle

8 Points

Joe Laviguer

6 Points

SaltyPuck

5 Points

Dexter

3 Points

HTK
puckoff
salami
STONE

2 Points

05/29/93
Ice24
Illegal_Stick
jneol67
KingzLA
PuckMaster

1 Point

cokingsfan
HiFi
mugs
RagBone
Rinkrat
twistedwrister

***Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

There are also betting threads for all the other series in Home Ice

WATCH THIS TO GET YOURSELF PUMPED UP!!

Last edited:
Thanks Not Melf for the GDT!!!!!!!!

May the Kongs come out reminding every one that they traded with Columbus at the deadline.

Thank you Nyssa and Jammer, once again, for a season of GDT and questions. You guys are the best. Congrats to Vegas Hockey. You were harder to catch than a common cold. Well played. Let’s go Kings!!!

Thank you, Susan et al! And congratulations to vegashockey!

Here we go again!

GKG!!!

Thank you Nyssa!
Excited about playoffs, not excited about the snow, wtf its april

Lol where are you at?

Here it's just starting to show the beginnings of the evilest bugs I've ever seen and hot rain, rolling thunder, and mowing the grass every 4 days. Summer is comin.

HYPE

GO KINGS GO

Lol where are you at?

Here it's just starting to show the beginnings of the evilest bugs I've ever seen and hot rain, rolling thunder, and mowing the grass every 4 days. Summer is comin.

HYPE

GO KINGS GO

Chicagoland, two days ago it was 80, at least this snap will kill that first wave of bugs that was appearing

Thanks GDTSquad for a fun year!

I am slowly starting to trust [MENTION=11373]jammer06[/MENTION] again.

btw, for all our excitement about the new guys this year, lets not forget our true best signing/new guy

16x9CJimHillerCoach.jpeg

Kings will need to come out hitting everything in site to win game one and the series.

Officials assigned by the NHL....referees #14 Trevor Hanson (27th playoff game) Kings record with him as a ref this year 4-1-1, Edm 5-1-1, #27 Eric Furlatt (153rd playoff game) Kings record with him as a ref this year 2-3-0, Edm 1-2-1. The linesmen are #61 James Tobias (1st playoff game) and #59 Steve Barton (130th playoff game). The supervisor is Rob Shick and the standby officials are Kyle Rehman and Travis Toomey.

https://scoutingtherefs.com/2023/04/38331/todays-nhl-playoff-referees-and-linesmen-4-17-23/

Officials assigned by the NHL....referees #14 Trevor Hanson (27th playoff game) Kings record with him as a ref this year 4-1-1, Edm 5-1-1, #27 Eric Furlatt (153rd playoff game) Kings record with him as a ref this year 2-3-0, Edm 1-2-1. The linesmen are #61 James Tobias (1st playoff game) and #59 Steve Barton (130th playoff game). The supervisor is Rob Shick and the standby officials are Kyle Rehman and Travis Toomey.

https://scoutingtherefs.com/2023/04/38331/todays-nhl-playoff-referees-and-linesmen-4-17-23/

Great to see the name of an official from long, long ago.

Thanks GDTSquad for a fun year!

I am slowly starting to trust [MENTION=11373]jammer06[/MENTION] again.

There is no trusting Jammer. Once you do, he will let you down! It happens time after time.

Thank You Nyssa!

I'm sofa king pumped for the game tonight!

LET'S GO KINGS!!!!

1396968923.0.jpg

nolansuckerpunch_medium.gif

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back