Manor Postgame Tidbits: Kings Silence Canucks with Productive Night Offensively

LGKbot

They see me rollin'. They hatin'.
Staff member
QJFGDGQ54BJ4FCRHGH5YS5QE5Q.jpg

Contrary to what Canucks defenseman Nikita Zadorov may be telling people, the Kings clearly don’t play boring hockey.

LA wrapped up their season series Vancouver with a decisive 6-3 win at Crypto.com Arena on Saturday night, picking up their third win in four nights to cap off a successful week.

Striking early was important for coach Jim Hiller’s team, and the Kings grabbed the momentum right away with power play goals from Adrian Kempe and Drew Doughty. It also meant LA had scored first in all four meetings against Vancouver this season.

Doughty’s tally gave the veteran blueliner 15 goals for only the second time in his career. In a year where consistency has been few and far between for his club, Doughty has been reliable on both ends of the puck throughout their 2023-24 campaign.

In the least surprising moment of the evening, Brock Boeser scored a goal against LA on Saturday. The forward now has 17 goals in 20 career games vs. the Kings.

BAR DOWN DREWWWWWWW
🚨
🚨
@LAKings I #GoKingsGo pic.twitter.com/P4LQKZ7h1t

— Bally Sports West (@BallySportWest) April 7, 2024

With LA up 4-1 after 40 minutes, there was still more offense to come. Each team cashed in twice in the third period, including on shorthanded opportunities. However, Kempe’s second goal of the night spoiled any aspirations the Canucks might’ve had for a comeback.

A SHORTY FOR JUICE
🚨
🚨
🚨
@LAKings I #GoKingsGo pic.twitter.com/QUZSF50nnG

Stat Sheet Takeaways: Cam Talbot stopped all nine shots he faced on the penalty kill on Saturday. While he would’ve liked to allow less than three goals, the veteran netminder made key saves at important moments of the game, which is a positive sign as the postseason draws nearer.

Th(irty)ousand Oaks: Trevor Moore potted his 30th goal on Saturday night, adding a cherry on top of what has been the forward’s most productive season of his career. Moore is on track to capture LA’s goal-scoring race; although Kempe, Anže Kopitar, and Kevin Fiala all sit within four goals of the lead.

MOORE MAKES IT
🖐
🚨
@LAKings I #GoKingsGo pic.twitter.com/Gdu4FoTx0z

Clinching Scenario: St. Louis’ OT loss on Saturday, combined with LA’s win, leaves the Kings magic number at two. With the Blues playing just down the road in Anaheim on Sunday night, the Kings could potentially clinch their third consecutive playoff before the weekend is over.

RELATED CONTENT:

Follow @mayorNHL

Instagram

Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please remember to include a link to www.MayorsManor.com

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-522840723937225840-1’); });

Comments

Continue reading...

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back