***Preseason Game #2 Arizona Coyotes @ LA Kings in Australia 9pm on NHL Network & ESPN+***

Nyssa42

jammer's overlord
Staff member
TEAM LGK

LGKlogo2.png

Game Day Thread
Preseason Game #2
9/23/23
Arizona Coyotes vs. LA Kings

Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia

Global-Series-Logo-2.png

PREVIOUS GAME RESULTS
Kings 3, Coyotes 5

PS1-Team-Stats.png

PS1-Goalie-Comparison.png

**Game Time 9:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:***NHL Network & ESPN+***

Radio
: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here
On Tuesday afternoon, Kings forwards Adrian Kempe and Quinton Byfield visited Culture Kings, a streetwear company in Australia, with a special line of Kings apparel. The players had a meet and greet with fans in attendance, to help promote the Global Series, as well as a Q&A with TNT’s Anson Carter, live from the store. The highlight of the trip was the opportunity to meet and engage with fans. The lowlight was Kempe’s experience with vegemite, which he doesn’t think he will ever eat again. A good trip though, minus that.

Preseason Game 1 Post-Game Quotes

Pierre-Luc Dubois
On experiencing a cool atmosphere here in Australia

It was cool. The [fans] were great tonight, you got to see their excitement from the puck drop, the first couple of hits they were excited. It’s not every day that they get to see NHL teams, it’s the first time we’re here and with the time changes, it could be tough, but I really hope they enjoyed it tonight.

On his takeaways from tonight’s game
I think we did a lot of good things, especially early on. We really dominated play, I thought, in the first period and then we made a few mistakes and they’re a talented team so it was in the back of our net, but there’s a lot of good things to build on.

On his first game skating alongside Kevin Fiala and Arthur Kaliyev
They’re two skilled players, Arty’s got a really good shot, Kevin is extremely talented out there making plays happen when there’s not much. I’m excited to build on that chemistry.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Today's Line Rushes per Zach Dooley on Twitter

Fiala - Dubois - Kaliyev

Moore - Danault - Grundstrom
Byfield - Turcotte - Kempe
Fagemo - Anderson-Dolan - Doty

Bjornfot - Anderson
Gavrikov - Moverare
Englund - Spence

Talbot

Rittich

Coyotes Probable Lineup

PS1CF.png

PS1CD.png

PS1CGI.png

Former Kings

Sean Durzi

Troy Stetcher
8479442.png

PS2-Pic1.png

Last edited:
Got a concert at 8pm and then hokey at midnight, IDK if I'll make this one, though I'll try :D

I went to record the game, my NHL Network says 7PM pacific?🤷‍♀️. GO KINGS GO!

Thanks Not Melf for the GDT!!!!!!!!!

Pretty sure Clarke is not playing D tonight. He's in LA.
lol, I am at the mercy of daily faceoff for those pics. Might just put the names up there instead today. I'll go check out the Mayor right now for projected lines.

Mayor has Turcotte replacing Kaliyev on the second line.
He just guesses. His projected lineups are wrong often.

I’d guess they’d have Turcotte center Grundstrom and JAD and put Fagemo up with PLD. Turcotte’s been playing center in the AHL and camp so far. Fagemo is considered a potential Arvidsson replacement.

He just guesses. His projected lineups are wrong often.

I’d guess they’d have Turcotte center Grundstrom and JAD and put Fagemo up with PLD. Turcotte’s been playing center in the AHL and camp so far. Fagemo is considered a potential Arvidsson replacement.
I agree Fagemo seems like he makes more sense up with PL and Fiala. However, if Turcotte is going to break into this lineup this year, where would he fit as a center?

I agree Fagemo seems like he makes more sense up with PL and Fiala. However, if Turcotte is going to break into this lineup this year, where would he fit as a center?
Maybe Turcotte gets a preseason game or two at wing this year, I just don’t see it this game with so much of the full roster playing.

I also think Fagemo and Laf are both ahead of him as potentials for opening night, with the sole focus for Turcotte to play a lot and stay healthy. I’d think he’ll continue playing center in the AHL which is what he has been doing and then next year there could well be a three horse race to replace Lizotte between Turc, Pinelli, and Helenius. Depending on what they decide for Lewis and Grundstrom, and with more cap space for extra forwards, Turcotte has more room to crack the lineup as a winger then also.

Thank you Susan and your untrustworthy friend!

I like tonight's lineup more than last night. Turcotte with Fiala and Dubois should be fun to watch. 4th line could be a good combo as well.

GKG!!!

last night's lineup should have been able to massively kick Coyote butt, which they did in the 1st, but then went, "oh, hey, it's only preseason". Tonight's lineup better carry it on into the 3rd!

Don't forget we have yet another game tomorrow night vs. Duckies in Anaheim. Too much preseason!!

Back for Aussie game 2. I'm curious about Turcotte and what he can bring to the team. That kid has had the worse luck.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom