***Preseason Game 6 LA Kings @ San Jose Sharks 9/30/23 7:00pm Stream on Sharks Site***

good fight! pretty sure it's not the 1st time those 2 have met

They're way too passive on the kill, if that is the strategy for the regulars it will be brutal this year.
the system that the "big guys" were working on at practice on Thursday involves the 2 Dmen staying below the hashmarks and playing everything as a 2 on 1 (like you are always looking for the 2 guys who are your "2 on 1" to protect). So maybe it IS going to be a more passive PK. McLellan was talking a lot about not worrying what is happening behind the net, only in the "high danger" areas

well, darn it.....

lot's of screaming there, dang...

the system that the "big guys" were working on at practice on Thursday involves the 2 Dmen staying below the hashmarks and playing everything as a 2 on 1 (like you are always looking for the 2 guys who are your "2 on 1" to protect). So maybe it IS going to be a more passive PK. McLellan was talking a lot about not worrying what is happening behind the net, only in the "high danger" areas
Interesting. Were the forwards playing way back too? If so, I don't like it.

Interesting. Were the forwards playing way back too? If so, I don't like it.
they were mostly working on the D the other day. I think the forwards are supposed to be aggressive. It looked like they were playing this system tonight....that's why it seems like they aren't doing much...the D stays low & overall more of a "box" than the system they played last year with the 3 guys down the middle. McLellan was also talking about not wasting energy going into the corners on the PK (not that they can't go to the corners, but just staying focused on the "high scoring" areas - around the dots)

Kings still have a wealth of good young forwards. Kaliyev is going to have more than 1 challenger for his spot. Wouldn’t be surprised if Lizzo lost his gig by the end of the season as well. 4th line may be in flux all year.

Kings still have a wealth of good young forwards. Kaliyev is going to have more than 1 challenger for his spot. Wouldn’t be surprised if Lizzo lost his gig by the end of the season as well. 4th line may be in flux all year.
I can see that if Lizotte loses his tenacity. I don‘t see Kali keeping a roster spot. He may start with one, however he may sit sooner than later. Someone from the Reign is going to step up and take it away.

I can see that if Lizotte loses his tenacity. I don‘t see Kali keeping a roster spot. He may start with one, however he may sit sooner than later. Someone from the Reign is going to step up and take it away.
Laf has a good shot and plays a more complete game. I do not see Kaliyev developing much chemistry with PLD and Fiala, though I agree Todd will start the season with him. Seems a matter of time though.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom