QB's next Contract (Extended 5 yrs)

symbology

TEAM LGK
u8wslyole84ld5sny9bt.png

***Jump to post #27 to see posts after the deal was signed/announced****

Below is the original post.

Here is a good comparable for QB.

What are your thoughts? Long term might be the better bet. A 26 year old QB for 7.5ish mil per would be a steal.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 17-10-00 NHL Free Agency on TSN - Latest signings for the National Ho...png

Last edited:
Blake better secure him and find the right offer for him ASAP or he risks getting the boot if he lets him go. Byfield is pretty much the Kings' future at center when Kopi eventually retires.

Last edited:
I still think he's bridged if they really want to stick to the idea of making everything "uncomfortable"

Where are we getting the money for a big contract for him? Aren't we down to like $2mil in space now?

I still think he's bridged if they really want to stick to the idea of making everything "uncomfortable"
Yeah I think he has to be which will give him a chance to prove himself as a NHL center, as he'd like to be someday paid as one.

Where are we getting the money for a big contract for him? Aren't we down to like $2mil in space now?
Edit: My bad, his contract is up and Blake need to get him a new one asap!

Byfield still has one year left on his cheap entry level contract, so a new contract will not start until next season.

Last edited:
One of the things I like about the below video. The anger, disbelief and the stare from this goalie after the play.

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 15-24-46 (1) GOTTA SEE IT Kings' Byfield Dances Through Blue Jackets ...png

Why do you say that? 13G 22A, vs 20G 35A. A bit of difference between the two.
Body of work thus far. Lundell has a better PPG average than Byfield, over a larger quantity of games.

But if you want to isolate just the last season of play, Kempe and Moore both outscored Byfield this last campaign. What do they make a season?

Body of work thus far. Lundell has a better PPG average than Byfield, over a larger quantity of games.

But if you want to isolate just the last season of play, Kempe and Moore both outscored Byfield this last campaign. What do they make a season?

I get it, but that is not how things work. If Kempe was a UFA right now getting a contract, he would make $$$$$$$$

Cannot use him as a comparable because he signed a nice deal before he really exploded offensively. Same can be said for Moore.

As for PPG average. We all know QB struggled early. He is on his way to becoming a stud. Outperformed Lundell by a larger margin. So, you go long now at 8x7.5ish. If you go bridge, say 3 years and QB is the player many expect him to be, his next contract will be 10million AAV or more. 8x7.5 is over payment the first 2 years, spot on the next 2-3 and a steal the final years. It will even out in the end. Over pay now, under pay later. Manage the Cap space. Yes it is a risk, but that is how it works in today's NHL.

Is Draisaitl an 8.5mil per player, or a 14mil per player. Because, the guy only makes 8.5 right now. What a steal for Edmonton. After next year, that guy is going to get paid as well. In 2016 the Oilers signed Draisaitl to an 8x8.5 contract. If they had signed him to a bridge deal, Draisatl would have then signed for over 10mil per. If that happened, the Oilers would not have had the cap space to pay players to make it to the finals this year. As it is, this is the year the Oilers better win it all, because things are going to get tighter for them cap wise, or they are going to lose Draisaitl.

The two million is what is projected after QB signs his extension and with Spence re-signed at $1.5. This is based on a projected cap hit of $6M for Byfield. Obvs less left if his cap hit is higher.
It would be great to have a few more million left over but without a trade that’s just not happening.

I get it, but that is not how things work. If Kempe was a UFA right now getting a contract, he would make $$$$$$$$

Cannot use him as a comparable because he signed a nice deal before he really exploded offensively. Same can be said for Moore.

As for PPG average. We all know QB struggled early. He is on his way to becoming a stud. Outperformed Lundell by a larger margin. So, you go long now at 8x7.5ish. If you go bridge, say 3 years and QB is the player many expect him to be, his next contract will be 10million AAV or more. 8x7.5 is over payment the first 2 years, spot on the next 2-3 and a steal the final years. It will even out in the end. Over pay now, under pay later. Manage the Cap space. Yes it is a risk, but that is how it works in today's NHL.

Is Draisaitl an 8.5mil per player, or a 14mil per player. Because, the guy only makes 8.5 right now. What a steal for Edmonton. After next year, that guy is going to get paid as well. In 2016 the Oilers signed Draisaitl to an 8x8.5 contract. If they had signed him to a bridge deal, Draisatl would have then signed for over 10mil per. If that happened, the Oilers would not have had the cap space to pay players to make it to the finals this year. As it is, this is the year the Oilers better win it all, because things are going to get tighter for them cap wise, or they are going to lose Draisaitl.
This.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back